NBA Playoffs 2018

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Re: NBA Playoffs 2018

Post by Joe K »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am Was there anyone else surprised that block/charge call can be reviewed in the last 2 minutes? I had no idea. When did that get added?
What’s bullshit about it is that the refs can only initiate that review if they’re unsure if the defender was outside the restricted area. LeBron was well outside the circle, so the play never should have been reviewed. If it were called a block initially, I’d have been fine with the call, but it was a close enough play that I thought it was a garbage overturn.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

That's interesting. What's more interesting is that this series features 6 of the top 14 players in career playoff 3's.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The memes from this JR Smith thing have been awesome.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

I dont care about the finals. wont watch any of it. I still really feel like the rockets got robbed of a title by a multitude of things, but especially losing Chris Paul. I feel like we could have had a title if Paul plays game six...and if they didnt let Scott Foster referee Rockets games
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

LeBron should sign with the Rockets this offseason so that he actually has a fair chance at another title. The Cavs needed him to have perhaps the best game anyone has ever had in the Finals to even have a chance to win Game 1. Tonight, he had “only” 29-13-9 and it was a rout.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Joe K wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:03 pm LeBron should sign with the Rockets this offseason so that he actually has a fair chance at another title. The Cavs needed him to have perhaps the best game anyone has ever had in the Finals to even have a chance to win Game 1. Tonight, he had “only” 29-13-9 and it was a rout.
im so used to being disappointed as a rockets fan i havent even dreamed of hoping lebron comes. my life just doesnt get that good
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I’m not trying to be a smart-ass here - honest question: do you think Harden and James could happily coexist on the same team? Maybe I am wrong here but wasn’t that an issue for Westbrook and Harden in Oke City?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:07 am I’m not trying to be a smart-ass here - honest question: do you think Harden and James could happily coexist on the same team? Maybe I am wrong here but wasn’t that an issue for Westbrook and Harden in Oke City?
Supposedly LeBron wants to play off the ball more as he ages, so sharing the load with Harden and Paul might have appeal to him. He also won all 3 of his titles playing with a high-scoring lead guard (Wade, Irving). Also, people had the same doubts about Harden and Paul coexisting (including many on this board) and Houston won 65 games and came by far the closest that any team has to beating the Warriors. If you replaced Trevor Ariza with LeBron in their starting lineup, that team is the favorite.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

The Warriors winning one Finals game where James put up 51-8-8, and a different game where Curry shot 3-16 and Curry and Klay were a combined 7-27 is a pretty good indicator of just how much Durant signing there destroyed whatever competitive balance the league had. Curry went from a unanimous, back-to-back MVP to luxury piece that they don’t even need to beat every team in the NBA except Houston.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Another game where Draymond Green should have been ejected in the first quarter. What is the point of the techncial foul if you're going to allow a player to behave that way?

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Every Warriors series where they have homecourt advantage follows the same script. They go up 2-0, they give the other team a chance to win one of its two home games and blow them out in the other one. And it’ll be the same damn thing in next year’s playoffs unless LeBron goes to Houston. I wish I could get odds right now on Warriors over Celtics in 5 games in the 2019 Finals.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Kings Instagram after the Dubs won last night.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?