NBA Playoffs 2018

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Re: NBA Playoffs 2018

Post by Joe K »

Game of the year tonight in Houston. Iguodala and Thompson are both listed as questionable in the injury report. Even if they both play, I assume Kerr will rely on especially heavy doses of a Curry-Durant two-man game. I’m also curious to see if MDA keeps the rotation super-tight again or if he tries to squeeze more minutes out of the bench playing at home.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 pm I sure can not figure out lues rotations tonight.
He never did, either. Playing Korver substantially less because "his matchup" wasn't playing is colossally stupid.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

By making NBA first-team Anthony Davis will likely become the highest paid player in NBA history after next season (5 years, $230M for his super max deal). Right around the time the Pelicans are moving to Las Vegas.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

brian wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 pm By making NBA first-team Anthony Davis will likely become the highest paid player in NBA history after next season (5 years, $230M for his super max deal). Right around the time the Pelicans are moving to Las Vegas.
Fascinated to see if Kawhi ends up joining him in that club
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

All-NBA Teams have been released and I am not sure which is stupider - Lillard being voted over Giannis for First Team (by a significant margin) or Trevor Ariza getting a fucking third team vote.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm All-NBA Teams have been released and I am not sure which is stupider - Lillard being voted over Giannis for First Team (by a significant margin) or Trevor Ariza getting a fucking third team vote.
DO they still have two guards, three frontcourt mandates? Because all three teams are that way.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm All-NBA Teams have been released and I am not sure which is stupider - Lillard being voted over Giannis for First Team (by a significant margin) or Trevor Ariza getting a fucking third team vote.
Was Giannis eligible at guard? I think they pretty strictly adhere to traditional positions for all-NBA so if Giannis was only eligible at forward he needed to beat out LeBron or KD. I would’ve picked him over KD, FWIW. This year’s vote was weird for the guard positions with all the games missed by Curry, Paul, Irving and Butler due to injury.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Joe K wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 pm
Was Giannis eligible at guard? I think they pretty strictly adhere to traditional positions for all-NBA so if Giannis was only eligible at forward he needed to beat out LeBron or KD. I would’ve picked him over KD, FWIW. This year’s vote was weird for the guard positions with all the games missed by Curry, Paul, Irving and Butler due to injury.
Lowe talked about this on his podcast at the end of the regular season and I think it's fairly traditional because they talked about where to put people like Giannis and AD
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Wish I could hear the media after Game 5. Stephen A. Smith immediately said "Well this is guaranteed to go to Game 7". Fuck him.
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pats fans are going to adopt you.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The NBA wants it to go 15.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

mister d wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 pm Pats fans are going to adopt you.
i swear im developing a complex and i hate it
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

If the Rockets can get one more, I’m looking forward to the next D’Antoni book: 20 Seconds or More, Win the Turnover and Rebounding Battles, and Whatever You Do Don’t Give up Fastbreak Points.

They’ve sacrificed offense for defense to an extreme degree over the last two games and it’s worked to perfection.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Joe K wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 pm
It drives me insane that the NBA still requires the positional fulfillment for the All-NBA teams, especially since it can now factor into contracts. For All-NBA teams, they need to remove the position requirements, as the game evolves over time and this should really show who are the best players. Of the four "centers" who appeared on the three teams, three of them were listed as "center/forward".

I was so annoyed by Ariza's vote, I didn't even realize Dwight Howard also got a third-team vote.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

TT2.0 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:52 am i swear im developing a complex and i hate it
TT on fb on May 22, mid-game, when the Warriors went on a run wrote:fuck golden state and everyone who supported them
Yup
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Mark Jackson and saying inane shit going into commercial.

Name a more iconic duo.

(And the dude literally said earlier in the game, 2nd quarter or so, "The Cleveland bench is locked in. And Kendrick Perkins is locked in." Perkins is in street clothes. C'mon, man.)
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Johnnie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:20 pm Mark Jackson and saying inane shit going into commercial.

Name a more iconic duo.

(And the dude literally said earlier in the game, 2nd quarter or so, "The Cleveland bench is locked in. And Kendrick Perkins is locked in." Perkins is in street clothes. C'mon, man.)
Perkins actually made a killer bench call getting green to rotate that ended up as a block when he said that.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I won’t deny that lebron whines but he gets less foul calls than he should. It’s not Shaq drastic but it’s not harden soft.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Well my vote for player of the game goes to Jeff Green with a nice 14-point showing
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Green was great but hill mattered more. And nance was crucial. Cabs should try to move Thompson because nance is same guy. Slightly worse defensively but higher upside.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

LeBron is a mutant.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Joe K wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 am If the Rockets can get one more, I’m looking forward to the next D’Antoni book: 20 Seconds or More, Win the Turnover and Rebounding Battles, and Whatever You Do Don’t Give up Fastbreak Points.

They’ve sacrificed offense for defense to an extreme degree over the last two games and it’s worked to perfection.
That sounds familiar for some reason...
Totally Kafkaesque
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 pm LeBron is a mutant.
If he can somehow win Game 7 and then the Finals with this supporting cast (facing a CP3-less Houston team is probably their only shot), they should just rename the city of Cleveland as “Jamestown.”
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Of course it's more likely he will lose game 7 and they'll rename it leaveland.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I can't believe that dude is employed. I really can't.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:31 am I can't believe that dude is employed. I really can't.
And I can't believe such a dick is brothers with Chef Rick Bayless, who is, from all reports, an incredibly chill guy.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Bayless has essentially taken the hate-fueled modus operandi of right-wing talk radio and applied it to sports commentary. And just like Limbaugh, O’Reilly and Hannity, Bayless has made a fortune off his schtick. As dumb as his takes on LeBron are, it’s even worse that both ESPN and Fox Sports have given him the platform and salary they have.
Last edited by Joe K on Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I really believe it’s all an act but it doesn’t make it any less annoying.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I think if it’s an act it’s worse.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Just bet $20 on Houston +800 tonight because why not.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

brian wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:02 pm Just bet $20 on Houston +800 tonight because why not.
I like that bet. They’ll probably get smoked but Golden State has a bad habit of getting arrogant and complacent. There’s a chance the Warriors will be overconfident with Paul out and the Rockets’ shooters erupt.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I also wonder how much Durant has LBJ's playoff run in the back of his mind, or in the front of his mind maybe. He's not going to win a GOAT-off and he's better off not trying.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Rex wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 pm I also wonder how much Durant has LBJ's playoff run in the back of his mind, or in the front of his mind maybe. He's not going to win a GOAT-off and he's better off not trying.
That sound kinda nuts to me.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I don't know what the deal is, but almost all the time I personally am watching Harden play, he plays shitty. Should I just not watch, for TT and Giff's sake?
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I swear to god I’m gonna watch this game tonight.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Most of it.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Second half at least.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

If it’s close.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

And I’m not too drunk and fall asleep...