Post by Ryan »

Group D, brought to you by ZZ Top, is open
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Ryan
The Dude

Re: The World Cup...OF FLAGS

Post by Ryan »

Ok, whew. Thought that stupid thing might advance.

Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Group E up for the weekend.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'm a sucker for brocade.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

In looking for bapo's last post, I came across this little ditty.

Thanks, again, ryan for doing this type of stuff. This brought back some good memories.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Girl are you my wife because you remind me of all the stuff I started and never finished.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:41 am Our county flag is just the county seal on white.

The county seal depicts a woman being shot in the back by a dirty fucking Red Coat. One of the elementary schools in town is named after her. I think I've described this before because it's fucking awesome.
boooooo
On behalf Of the Union County Board of County Commissioners, we would like to invite you in to assist us in the selecting a new seal for the County of Union. As we embark on this journey, we feel it is important that our community has a role in this process and therefore would love your feedback.

Since 1932, Union County has had a seal unlike any other, with the central image depicting the dramatization of the murder of Hannah Caldwell by a British solider. After her death, Hannah quickly became a symbol for the fight for independence, and the thought of changing this seal is not to take away the significance of our past but to recognize it in a different way.

When you look at individuals like President Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jr. or President John F. Kennedy for example, each one of them were leaders in their own right and all three were assassinated. However, when we visit their monuments or view photos of them, we are often looking at the portraits of who they were in life and what significance they played in our history, To memorialize the significance of Hannah Caldwell as she was in life, we will be dedicating a page on our County website in honor of the important role she played in the rich deep history of Union County. By doing so we hope to educate our students on who Hannah Caldwell was, the role she played in shaping history and how we can honor her in a more positive way than a dramatization of her death.

With much consideration, two new seals were designed to represent the County's strong roots, diverse present and future possibilities. When you view the two choices, you will see that there is one seal, which features a quadrant that includes a portrait of Hannah Caldwell, and places her alongside other strong symbols of Union County - transportation, open space and the Union County Courthouse. The other option is representative of one of our most recognizable landmarks, the Union County Courthouse in Elizabeth, which holds the County seat.

ETA: So that text was from an email sent out by our school district, asking students to vote on the new seal. Our superintendent followed up this afternoon with an email to say that first email was sent inadvertently on advice from the dept of education and that he is expressly against replacing the seal because of how much the woman featured on the current seal means to our town's history, and included a link to petition to keep the current seal in place.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.