Obsessed with Sailing Channel on Youtube

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Obsessed with Sailing Channel on Youtube

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I have absolutely fallen down a long and winding worm hole. I don't even know how I stumbled on this channel.

SV Delos (sailing vessel) has been sailing around the world for something like 7 or 8 years. Dude and his brother set off from Seattle, down to Mexico and then across the Pacific to Tahiti and so on and so forth.

The captain has had the same girlfriend on board for the last 7 years, but the brother has had girls come and go. And they mix in another 4 or 5 crew, rotating over the years, about every 4 or 5 months.

I don't know why, but I'm fascinated by it. Part sailing nerd, part DIY fix it, big part travelogue, and then mix in the personalities of the crew.

Honestly, it's one of the most entertaining things I've got going in my entertainment world right now.

https://svdelos.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/briantrautman/videos

If you hit that youtube link, click on Videos and then sort by Oldest to go all the way back to the beginning. I've been catching up slowly for months and I'm still a year behind. I think they're in Brazil now.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Rush2112
The Dude

Re: Obsessed with Sailing Channel on Youtube

Post by Rush2112 »

No Christopher Cross soundtrack? For shame!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

This thread is #2 in my rankings of "Thread titles I would have assumed were spam if not posted by a Swamper." #1 would be a tie between every thread started by wlu_lax.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I know, I know... It's just a really addictive "show."

I'm telling you, especially as they incorporated drone footage, better cameras and their editing skills got better, it's pretty amazing to watch. With just a few touches, I could see Netflix or somebody picking it up.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am No Christopher Cross soundtrack? For shame!

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.