Poker and Gambling

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Poker and Gambling

Post by TT2.0 »

if any of you guys care, i made it to day 2 of the World Poker Tour Houston Event. playing at noon tomorrow. am kinda shortstacked. 150 peeps left, top 99 get paid. first prize is 143,000

https://www.worldpokertour.com/event/wp ... #eventTab3

can follow updates there if youwant
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Poker and Gambling

Post by govmentchedda »

TT2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 am if any of you guys care, i made it to day 2 of the World Poker Tour Houston Event. playing at noon tomorrow. am kinda shortstacked. 150 peeps left, top 99 get paid. first prize is 143,000

Nice! Now in (the money, with 77 remaining) and 26th in chip count.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

TT2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 am if any of you guys care, i made it to day 2 of the World Poker Tour Houston Event. playing at noon tomorrow. am kinda shortstacked. 150 peeps left, top 99 get paid. first prize is 143,000

I care. Congrats TT and good luck. When you are done, would be interested in using this thread to discuss strategy and discuss play. I can’t play as much as you but am making it to two or so tournaments a month and am now what I would consider a decent tournament player (or slightly better) with several cashes but feel stuck and would love to review some situations and plays on occasion.
Last edited by tennbengal on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

govmentchedda wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 am

nah that was just my flight. overall 150 left. restart in five hours
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

thanks. would love to run hands. have a shitload from yesterday
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

28 big blinds left but those antes are stout...TT are they playing big blind ante I assume?

Looks like he has time to still play a few hands before getting into the all-in cycle.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:36 am

28 big blinds left but those antes are stout...TT are they playing big blind ante I assume?

Looks like he has time to still play a few hands before getting into the all-in cycle.
bb ante. realistically i have about thirty to forty minutes to work and try to chip up or find an equitable shove. sdeing how many actual players are there in the morning will impact my strategy. several people entered multiple flights trying to bag bigger stacks so im just not sure how many i have to fade because even a min cash in this is big for me.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

TT2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:31 am thanks. would love to run hands. have a shitload from yesterday
Anytime. I am still steaming from one yesterday but stepping back my play might have been too aggresssive. Maybe not.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

TT2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 am
tennbengal wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:36 am

bb ante. realistically i have about thirty to forty minutes to work and try to chip up or find an equitable shove. sdeing how many actual players are there in the morning will impact my strategy. several people entered multiple flights trying to bag bigger stacks so im just not sure how many i have to fade because even a min cash in this is big for me.
Gives me some confidence that I have eye-balled that the same as you. I have learned a lot in the last three years. Good luck looking for a spot to try and make a move. Crossing fingers you wake up early in today’s session with aces or kings and one taker of your action.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

if anybody wants resolution i started day 2 in 151st place out of 154. i finished in 86th for 1930$
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

TT2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:10 pm if anybody wants resolution i started day 2 in 151st place out of 154. i finished in 86th for 1930$
Woot! Nice work, dude.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Nice
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

That is really cool!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Good job getting in the money, TT, congrats.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Awesome TT!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Anyone know of a good, legal place to play online poker if your Internet originates in the United States? Thinking about putting some cash in somewhere so I can play poker before I die of infection.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

A low buy-in Swamp game would be fun. There's gotta be a free (or cheap) non-cash platform right? We could do tourney-style and then payout over Venmo.

eta: that probably doesn't scratch your itch if you want to play for big $, but just throwing it out there
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:57 pm A low buy-in Swamp game would be fun. There's gotta be a free (or cheap) non-cash platform right? We could do tourney-style and then payout over Venmo.

eta: that probably doesn't scratch your itch if you want to play for big $, but just throwing it out there
I'd be down for something like that. And here's an app that potentially could work:

https://easy.poker/private-table-poker-app/
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:57 pm A low buy-in Swamp game would be fun. There's gotta be a free (or cheap) non-cash platform right? We could do tourney-style and then payout over Venmo.

We just did this with some buddies on pokerstars. Just a 20$ game and played with “free chips”. Losers venmoed winner monies.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

i would love a virtual game where we could talk shit for low stakes.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

BSF21 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm

We just did this with some buddies on pokerstars. Just a 20$ game and played with “free chips”. Losers venmoed winner monies.
Same. I play a monthly home game tournament that usually draws about 40 (his space maxes out at 48), but we were online at PokerStars for this month’s game instead and had 79 sign up. Play was at a “home game “ by invite only and we PayPal/Venmo’d money to the host who handled the payouts. Very doable to host a tournament or low stakes cash game this way.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 am
BSF21 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm

Same. I play a monthly home game tournament that usually draws about 40 (his space maxes out at 48), but we were online at PokerStars for this month’s game instead and had 79 sign up. Play was at a “home game “ by invite only and we PayPal/Venmo’d money to the host who handled the payouts. Very doable to host a tournament or low stakes cash game this way.
Exactly what we did but just had 6. How familiar are you with it? The only thing I didn't care for was the speed of the table and we couldn't find any settings to slow that down.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Yeah, it was fast - about 30 seconds to make a decision. Was a good compromise for a large tourney - not sure if I would like it for cash.