A New Brushes with thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Re: A New Brushes with thread

Post by TT2.0 »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:24 am Is he still wearing the reptile lenses?
that was Greg raymer
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

TT2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:35 pm Spent 4 hours in a tournament next to Chris Moneymaker yesterday and the end result was Chris moneymaker is now a fan of both my poker ability and my particular brand of comedy. also outlasted him in that tournament (6th vs. 11th) which was nice. cool guy. I like people who are willing to talk shit.
The point to Moneymaker and the 2003 wsop as the key moment in the poker boom. Very good ESPN 30 for 30 podcast
https://30for30podcasts.com/episodes/sp ... oker-boom/
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:03 am
TT2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:35 pm Spent 4 hours in a tournament next to Chris Moneymaker yesterday and the end result was Chris moneymaker is now a fan of both my poker ability and my particular brand of comedy. also outlasted him in that tournament (6th vs. 11th) which was nice. cool guy. I like people who are willing to talk shit.
The point to Moneymaker and the 2003 wsop as the key moment in the poker boom. Very good ESPN 30 for 30 podcast
https://30for30podcasts.com/episodes/sp ... oker-boom/
Seconded on that podcast. Every favorite that ESPN had mic'd and covered with cameras busted out early and they were left after the first day with zero "stars".
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

My sister just stood in line with Steven Tyler at REI. He has a membership. He was at the DC one which is the first place the Beatles played in the US...which the guy checking him out wanted to make sure he knew.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Speaking of Aerosmith brushes, my son's friend is a drummer and recently played a show with Joe Perry. The kid is 12, and travels around the country playing with famous musicians. He is incredible. Whenever he plays with old legends, they get a kick out of him, and tell their friends. His mother gets random calls from guys like Dave Mustaine, asking him to sit in on a show in LA, Nashville, Chicago...

Video sounds shitty, but cool seeing Joe Perry's amusement when Felipe starts up. The kid looks 10, and is the absolute sweetest, most polite kid I've met, which plays into the musicians being charmed by him.

https://www.facebook.com/FelipeSantosDr ... 665672092/
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Maybe shared a long table with Eagles star backup QB Nate Sudfeld at the food hall in Easton PA? Definitely a young active QB and Sudfeld fits based on a few overheard comments and the general look, but also doesn’t totally make sense if they had practice today. Didn’t see his hand because I felt awkward after possibly tipping that I had just figured out he was an athlete and didn’t want to look over anymore.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Just learned that my dad's roommate in college (JHU) was indited by the feds
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime ... story.html

but also in talking to mom and googling learned he defended the DC sniper and the Indianapolis Colts (when Baltimore sued them for moving)...apparently my dad stopped talking to him when he took the Colts as a client.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Considering he was court-appointed for the DC Sniper case, I find the Colts defense much more disturbing.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Joined a friend to drop something off at Kirsten Dunst's, texted Nitro from American Gladiators, and just missed a call.with Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach....my college friend in LA runs with an interesting crowd.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Shacoby Jaddix
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I’ll take “grabbed kombucha with Jim J. Bullock” for the block.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Kid went to practice last night. Coach holds uga career and single season receiving records and brother was Pats first round pick (ye of the infamous sand injury at the pro bowl). Three boys on the team between them. Think my kid is going to win a lot.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

HaulCitgo wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm Kid went to practice last night. Coach holds uga career and single season receiving records and brother was Pats first round pick (ye of the infamous sand injury at the pro bowl). Three boys on the team between them. Think my kid is going to win a lot.
Riverwood High?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Yeah that's them. But kid is young so a local league while I try to convince him to give up hoops and baseball for a shot at soccer glory (da team... Unlikely cause he's a December birthday) when he's 13. Still super cool and nice guys and really good coaches.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Ran into Dave Bing the other night. Did not tell him he was my second round pick in the Swamp all-time basketball draft.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:43 pm Ran into Dave Bing the other night. Did not tell him he was my second round pick in the Swamp all-time basketball draft.
Because he would have thought that was ridiculous too?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

site to upload photos

Broadway Joe working his magic on yet another generation of women.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

oh no!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:35 pmoh no!
I should have made sure that was water in the bottle before letting him get too close.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Looking at it again, was it taken with the special Broadway Joe age-fighting filter on the lens?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm Looking at it again, was it taken with the special Broadway Joe age-fighting filter on the lens?
Are you saying Joe looks good in the picture? That's a pretty fair representation of how he always looks.

We went to a pre-game Q&A with Namath and Chad Pennington before the Jets/Giants game, and they talked about the rivalry, what it means to players, how players stay up for a game when they are 1-7... Really interesting, and Namath and Pennington really had great rapport. Chad made a comment about his worst Jets season and playing through the J(ust) E(nd) T(he) S(eason) chants. I made that joke a week prior, and my wife ridiculed me and said it's old and was never funny. Namath made Chad repeat it, and nearly fell out of his chair laughing for way too long, saying he never heard that. I guess through the haze of heavy boozing, he didn't "care about the Jets stttruuugglinnng" and just wanted to kiss Suzy Kolber.

We were in the front row, and Chad locked in on me staring at me for way too long, and it creeped me out a bit. Never knew he was a cross-eyed. Pennington didn't seem that big, but his hands were fucking enormous! Freakishly enormous.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:33 pm Image
site to upload photos

Broadway Joe working his magic on yet another generation of women.
Please tell me he didn’t ask your daughter for a smooch.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

There just seems to be a soft fade in the top portion of that photo.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 pm There just seems to be a soft fade in the top portion of that photo.
Ah, my wife probably had her phone set to portrait mode, so it focused in on my daughter's face.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 pm
Please tell me he didn’t ask your daughter for a smooch.
No, he was explaining that a gentleman never offers to shake a woman's hand unless the woman reaches out first. Then something about an Englishman would never reach out to shake the Queen's hand, so my daughter should choose to initiate handshakes, not a man. Something to that effect, not sure how much accuracy I can put in a 10 year old relaying a Joe Namath story. I was too busy eating to even see the moment.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Eating dinner at the next table over from this woman right now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_ ... rsonality)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

(Deduced from eavesdropping on conversations with her group.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Went to the Seahawks-Eagles game yesterday and stayed Saturday night at the Loews hotel. The Seahawks stayed in the same hotel. Sunday morning my better half shared an elevator with George Fant, while I ran into Mike Iupati in the lobby. Yeah. Offensive Lineman are some enormous dudes.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Just passed Kimbal Musk while walking the dog. (Unfortunately not with his Epstein-arranged trophy wife.)
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Not my brushes but could you imagine this...and yes I would still scream at him if he missed a call.

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:41 am Not my brushes but could you imagine this...and yes I would still scream at him if he missed a call.
With lines from "Kicking and Screaming"?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Tonight I am biking (virtually) with Indy 500 champion Tony Kanaan.

Zwift is a platform where you bike on your indoor trainer through virtual and replica worlds (london, NYC, Richmond, etc). It has a ton of events and miles of road. In fact Zwift is the platform the UCI is using for the new eCycling world champion (new classification). With the covid the community has picked way up. Lots of pro and former pro cyclists are on but I saw Barry Bonds putting in miles the other day.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 amZwift is a platform where you bike on your indoor trainer through virtual and replica worlds (london
Meh.
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 amNYC
Eh.
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 amRichmond
Sold!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:47 am
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 amZwift is a platform where you bike on your indoor trainer through virtual and replica worlds (london
Meh.
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 amNYC
Eh.
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 amRichmond
Sold!
Yeah New York are loops around the park. Very hilly and they added this futuristic bridge to climb. Richmond VA is fun because it is the world championship course. Fast with 2 nasty climbs at the end. It also has the fun pedal down the street with the civil war monuments...that were all switched to dudes on bikes.

They also have Innsbruck (world championship location), London (covers part of the great London bike ride), Bologna (just the world championship time trial course), Yorkshire (world championship), and a made up city for crit racing. I tend to do most of my riding on "Watopia" a fictional world (that Strava thinks is in Africa). That one is fun as it has a volcano, jungle, perfect replica of the alpe d'huez, an Italian village, sequoia forests, a desert flat that rolls to a rt. 66 type town, downtown and more.

If you are stuck exercising in the house it is a great way to be competitive, put in miles, and not bored out of your mind pedaling (or treadmiling nowhere---you can run in Zwift too).

Here is stage 4 of a 5 stage event going on right now. This is the pro-am they run the night before opening up the event to everyone. (This one is on dirt so you will see most folks riding virtual mountain bikes...different bikes, wheels, etc have different benefits on surfaces, drafting, climbing, etc). They also have special powerups that you can use. Go to 15:40 or so to see the race start.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve Van Zandt replied to a tweet of mine.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 pm Steve Van Zandt replied to a tweet of mine.
Awesome.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Coworker and member of the corporate soccer team recruiting for the next session. Now have to get nonlinear to come out and play again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dp326MRysurQjyXg8
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 pm Coworker and member of the corporate soccer team recruiting for the next session. Now have to get nonlinear to come out and play again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dp326MRysurQjyXg8
Adu won't live up to expectations.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I went to Wash U with astronaut Bob Behnken who went up in the Space X rocket yesterday. He was an ME major and we graduated the same year. Didn't recognize his name, but when I saw his picture, I definitely remember him. He really doesn't look that different. I'm not sure we had any classes together, but we took classes in the same building for four years.
Totally Kafkaesque
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Shirley wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:20 am I went to Wash U with astronaut Bob Behnken who went up in the Space X rocket yesterday. He was an ME major and we graduated the same year. Didn't recognize his name, but when I saw his picture, I definitely remember him. He really doesn't look that different. I'm not sure we had any classes together, but we took classes in the same building for four years.
Ok, now that is cool.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.