Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, it also could be used as cover for father's holding their dead infant baby face down on a river bank.

Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette, right?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm I think the worst part of Tucker's comments was his making fun of the "Samantha Power dorm room approach of 'oh, they are so mean...'"
Carlson is only trying to give himself cover, since for some reason he was included on the trip to the DMZ.

In other news, fuck Tucker Carlson for now and forever.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Should be quite a scene on the Mall for the 4th...

Sherman tanks?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Are we really having this banana republic parade?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:57 pm Are we really having this banana republic parade?
Yes, because he was with Macron when the French military had a parade, so he had to have one too.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I don't have a huge issue with a flyover or the tanks being on display. It's our Independence Day, which we literally fought a war to earn. Not the hill I'm going to battle or die on, with everything going on that is truly outlandish and ridiculous.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:32 am I don't have a huge issue with a flyover or the tanks being on display. It's our Independence Day, which we literally fought a war to earn. Not the hill I'm going to battle or die on, with everything going on that is truly outlandish and ridiculous.
Any pre-emancipation planes or tanks are RIGHT OUT, though, I hope we can all agree.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:32 am I don't have a huge issue with a flyover or the tanks being on display. It's our Independence Day, which we literally fought a war to earn. Not the hill I'm going to battle or die on, with everything going on that is truly outlandish and ridiculous.
I'd agree with you, if not for the reporting on how the roads can't handle the weight of the tanks, and the hardship on the troops and cost of the military to bring all of the people and equipment so a malignant narcissist can act like a military dictator and strut around and feel like a big important toddler for a few hours. I'd love to see the military refuse, and instead invite in a couple dozen baby Trump balloons.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

All things considered, an event on the National Mall with a flyover and celebration isn't a bad idea. Hell, it's probably been done in the past in some form.

The issue is planning. There are people right now pulling their hair out to cater to an ego just because "I wanna be like France!"

As a dude who just recently worked an Air Show, fuuuccckkkk having to work this. I'm glad I'm stationed nowhere near DC because all of a sudden my 4th of July plans would be nixed.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DC on the 4th is a cluster no matter what.

(And the fireworks show is pretty blah)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Just imagine this ...

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I guess it's time for INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Clever design so no one can attack the capital with tanks, if you ask me.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Just to be pedantic and obsessive about semantics, but if the "fake news" is giving him credit, does that mean that he doesn't in fact deserve credit?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

So, I worked at a concession stand literally right next to the Washington Monument in the early 90s. Once things wrapped up in the first Iraq war, they had a pretty big parade. It was a zoo down there that day, probably 250k.

Lots of tanks and heavy equipment at the time, and I don't remember anyone talking about the toll it took on the streets. Now, it may be that after that event, they realized it fucked up the streets. But it sure wasn't brought up at the time.

(That job was fucking awesome. I got double time on that parade day and on the 4th of July, and I think it started at $10/hr which was waaaay above min. wage at the time.)
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That looked so quaint.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Pence was called back to White House from a scheduled event. White House says not health related or national security, so it's definitely one of those.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:48 am Pence was called back to White House from a scheduled event. White House says not health related or national security, so it's definitely one of those.
Probably just so he can stand respectfully and quietly behind the president during the parade.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

But show this to a Trump supporter and it's "LOL. Libs owned."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

What percentage of hardcore Trump supporting Fox News viewers would support Trump bombing New Orleans. Like I'm sure maybe that would move the impeachment needle in the House, but what percentage would be staunchly behind him (and how gross is it that you're considering the percentage versus saying "none you fucking idiot")?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

mister d wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:15 pm What percentage of hardcore Trump supporting Fox News viewers would support Trump bombing New Orleans. Like I'm sure maybe that would move the impeachment needle in the House, but what percentage would be staunchly behind him (and how gross is it that you're considering the percentage versus saying "none you fucking idiot")?
The Trumpers I know are some of the most intellectually dishonest people I've ever met.

In other words, they're modern-day Republicans.

They just don't give a fuck.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Welcome Humiliation of John Bolton
That comes after months of escalation on both sides, and the threat remains that Bolton could goad an erratic Trump into war.

Standing between us and that apocalyptic possibility is the Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who has been urging Trump away from a military confrontation with Iran. Last month, Carlson used his opening monologue to eviscerate Bolton, calling him a “bureaucratic tapeworm” for whom war is “always good business.” In normal administrations, national security advisers have more authority than cable news hosts, but it was Carlson, not Bolton, who was with Trump at the Korean Demilitarized Zone this weekend.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm The Trumpers I know are some of the most intellectually dishonest people I've ever met.

You can fucking say that again. I'm sure some of you saw the blowup on FB where I accused those who are more worried about calling them concentration camps than that they are concentration camps. I partially did it to goad some now ex-friend of mine who liked to throw threats and never back them up. So as soon as you lay out a premise in a yes-no question, they fucking back down. The whole party is such a bunch of fucking cowards; I'm sickened frankly that I identified as right-leaning for so long.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:53 am
EnochRoot wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm The Trumpers I know are some of the most intellectually dishonest people I've ever met.

You can fucking say that again. I'm sure some of you saw the blowup on FB where I accused those who are more worried about calling them concentration camps than that they are concentration camps. I partially did it to goad some now ex-friend of mine who liked to throw threats and never back them up. So as soon as you lay out a premise in a yes-no question, they fucking back down. The whole party is such a bunch of fucking cowards; I'm sickened frankly that I identified as right-leaning for so long.
I had a flare up with a FB friend from Florida (an old college friend of a friend). He posted a diatribe about AOC's expensive shoes in the pictures, and then said that these are Obama-era policies. When I asked (and I did ask politely) that despite her shoes, and despite whoever made the policies, did he feel that it was morally right for his country to be locking up children in conditions like this, he told me to fuck off and get my faggot Prime Minister to bring in all 15 million illegals.

It's all about who they can blame.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Realizing I'm preaching to the choir...

This is one of those clear right/wrong issues, one that transcends politics. What we as the USA are doing to these kids is wrong. Anyone who can't admit this, or tries to deflect answering it by bringing up collateral issues is clearly wrong, and needs that fact shoved in their faces. At very least this issue is showing who in my feed are utter garbage human beings who I don't need to keep as friends anymore.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:14 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:53 am

I had a flare up with a FB friend from Florida (an old college friend of a friend). He posted a diatribe about AOC's expensive shoes in the pictures, and then said that these are Obama-era policies. When I asked (and I did ask politely) that despite her shoes, and despite whoever made the policies, did he feel that it was morally right for his country to be locking up children in conditions like this, he told me to fuck off and get my faggot Prime Minister to bring in all 15 million illegals.

It's all about who they can blame.
Plus, these are *not* Obama-era policies.

That picture going around a few months ago with some kids in cages - that was from the Obama era. Those were kids who crossed the border as unaccompanied minors. In order to disincentivize such a dangerous trip, the Obama administration treated those kids pretty harshly. Until there was an uproar about it, and then they stopped. Unless I'm mistaken, the Obama administration did not adopt a policy of deliberately separating parents from their children, or warehousing thousands of asylum applicants.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its also just so fucking simple to say "if Obama had a policy of caging children as a detriment, that's really fucking gross and wrong". Obama isn't sacred.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'm not even a lawyer and this whole census thing with Trump's tweets this morning seems absolutely batshit to me.

Here's the transcript from an emergency hearing today after President Diaperpants waded in.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:15 pm
The symbolism is appalling.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Did he really say airports? Good lord.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

My theory, because he's done this exact thing several times before, is that he immediately decided that ramparts couldn't possibly be a word so he self-corrected to something similar. Of course, he also said "our army manned the air" right before that and is colossally stupid.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Fort McHenry was the War of 1812. It wasn’t even built at the time of the Revolutionary War. It replaced Fort Whetstone. But Trump doesn’t know that. Oh, and The Star Spangled Banner was the War of 1812.

Trump’s a fucking idiot.

But it makes the ignorant love him that much more.
Noli Timere Messorem
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

handcarts
sandbars
land sharks
lawn darts

There's a lot of things he could have corrected to that would have made more sense than airports.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less about his verbal gaffes. He sounds exactly like racist Grandpa at Thanksgiving every time he speaks anyway.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

He tips off how sway-able he is though when he does shit like that though. There's nothing measured, nothing analyzed. He just..spews.
Noli Timere Messorem
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

EnochRoot wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 am Fort McHenry was the War of 1812. It wasn’t even built at the time of the Revolutionary War. It replaced Fort Whetstone. But Trump doesn’t know that. Oh, and The Star Spangled Banner was the War of 1812.

Trump’s a fucking idiot.

But here's the thing... and it doesn't exactly keep me up at night, but it sure is troubling: He has speech writers. He didn't write that shit. I mean, I've been on Team Fucking Moron from before the election in 2016. But a lot of what we were reacting to were shit he did/said at his rallies.

What's going on where people that AREN'T senile/mentally ill septuagenarians are putting this stuff up on the teleprompter for him? Like, seriously, what the fuck is going on with that situation? Is it truly just a massive trolling operation?

He gets the weird ass shit he puts on Twitter from unreliable sources (to put it mildly), but when he goes up in the shadows of Lincoln and talks about raiding airports, and references a completely separate war... He's not coming up with that mangling. And I don't care how little his speech writers paid attention in History class.. Airports? That's just pretty obvious trolling. The Fort McHenry stuff, I mean, I was actually there yesterday, and I'm from here, so it's super ridiculous to me, but I can see someone biffing on that in every day life. But, again, speech writers in the WH, even this one, aren't fucking idiots like that.

I think a few years after Trump is out of office, we're going to hear some stuff that, even with the levels of Holyfuckingshit that we are at now, are going to make our toes curl and hairs stand on end, in terms of this stuff being part of the general play to Own The Libs.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:32 am
EnochRoot wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 am Fort McHenry was the War of 1812. It wasn’t even built at the time of the Revolutionary War. It replaced Fort Whetstone. But Trump doesn’t know that. Oh, and The Star Spangled Banner was the War of 1812.

Trump’s a fucking idiot.

But here's the thing... and it doesn't exactly keep me up at night, but it sure is troubling: He has speech writers. He didn't write that shit. I mean, I've been on Team Fucking Moron from before the election in 2016. But a lot of what we were reacting to were shit he did/said at his rallies.

What's going on where people that AREN'T senile/mentally ill septuagenarians are putting this stuff up on the teleprompter for him? Like, seriously, what the fuck is going on with that situation? Is it truly just a massive trolling operation?

He gets the weird ass shit he puts on Twitter from unreliable sources (to put it mildly), but when he goes up in the shadows of Lincoln and talks about raiding airports, and references a completely separate war... He's not coming up with that mangling. And I don't care how little his speech writers paid attention in History class.. Airports? That's just pretty obvious trolling. The Fort McHenry stuff, I mean, I was actually there yesterday, and I'm from here, so it's super ridiculous to me, but I can see someone biffing on that in every day life. But, again, speech writers in the WH, even this one, aren't fucking idiots like that.

I think a few years after Trump is out of office, we're going to hear some stuff that, even with the levels of Holyfuckingshit that we are at now, are going to make our toes curl and hairs stand on end, in terms of this stuff being part of the general play to Own The Libs.
I've been down this rabbit hole before. It's likely closer to reality any of us want to admit, too.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:32 am

Trump’s a fucking idiot.

When he says shit like that, I usually assume he can't read, and fills in words he thinks might go there. He is extremely lacking in knowledge of anything outside his tiny sphere of interest, which is primarily anything about himself. He doesn't know what ramparts are, and he thinks war, airplanes, airports. I doubt he knows the words were written during the War of 1812, and he doesn't care. People cheered for him at the end of the speech, and that's all he cares about.
-Pruitt