Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EnochRoot
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part III - A Democratic House

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm Weeeellll, guess we all have to unbust that nut...

Time to go back into worry mode at what Mueller actually knows now since nearly every single person was hopping on the IMPEACHMENT NOW train.

Edit

The one dude I'll forever trust above everything:

The SC didn't refute what was said in the story, just that there were parts that were not accurate. It was essentially his way of saying the SC does not leak and that it was sourced by SDNY. And what's Farrow implying? That Trump didn't orchestrate the lie? If Cohen is telling the truth, of course.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Why in fact would Farrow even make that tweet?

Not implying any political agenda, but it seems a bit snotty to jump in there and say (in effect) "I knew better."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

If you are a journalist you are forced many times to choose between implied and specific orders, amongst other quandaries.

Assume you’re living the movie A Few Good Men and you’re a journalist. You can get a source to imply Col. Jessup ordered the Code Red but different journalistic outlets would insist you need the order in writing or directly from the person who received the order to report that the order originated from Jessup. That’s more or less what’s going on here.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I don't like ascribing an endearing nickname to a monster, but that's just me.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:14 pm If you are a journalist you are forced many times to choose between implied and specific orders, amongst other quandaries.

Assume you’re living the movie A Few Good Men and you’re a journalist. You can get a source to imply Col. Jessup ordered the Code Red but different journalistic outlets would insist you need the order in writing or directly from the person who received the order to report that the order originated from Jessup. That’s more or less what’s going on here.
I meant why would he then go on twitter to (seemingly) brag about being a better journalist?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 pm
brian wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:14 pm If you are a journalist you are forced many times to choose between implied and specific orders, amongst other quandaries.

I meant why would he then go on twitter to (seemingly) brag about being a better journalist?
I took it as just saying he didn’t think it was ready for a story. Which may or may not make him a better journalist.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Yeah, I know..

But it just seems like unnecessary piling on.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

How will the government ever re-open? Trump doesn't care and probably doesn't even want to re-open, as long as this deflects attention from the Mueller probe. And, McConnell, Graham, el al are complete toadies that will not override.

I'm so glad I'm not flying regularly anymore. The air traffic controllers have got to be pissed.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

CNBC Left Trump Off 2014 List of Top Businessmen, So Cohen Threatened to Sue

Inconsequential for sure, but very entertaining to read...
Cohen’s efforts to boost Trump’s ranking in the CNBC poll were not confined to hiring an IT guy to manipulate the votes. He also got Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. to drive people to CNBC with a tweet from the school’s official Twitter account.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The AOC/Cardi B ticket in 2028 is gonna be fire.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

what would they do with all the extra money?
https://www.businessinsider.com/arizona ... all-2019-1
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

A_B wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm The AOC/Cardi B ticket in 2028 is gonna be fire.
I wish I had the capacity to say anything as cool as “I will dog walk you” at any point in my life, but it ain’t happened and it ain’t gonna happen.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wish I had a copy of brian's post-SB XLII post right about now.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Roger Stone Indicted on Seven Charges

Obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements (I assume that's perjury).
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Mueller: "Get me Roger Stone."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

This is where Trump claims that he hardly knew that guy.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 am Roger Stone Indicted on Seven Charges

Obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements (I assume that's perjury).

Clearly, OchoCinco needs to move to a better neighborhood.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Man, people on Reddit have fucking time to kill...
Holy crap, there's a SHIT TON of new info in here. It's a long indictment. https://www.justice.gov/file/1124706/download

Seriously, read the whole second half. It's full of text messages. Not smoking gun text messages. Full blown obstruction of justice proving text messages. There is no way these two are not getting locked up without giving prosecutors the person wo "directed" the collusion. And there is evidence that it was directed. Someone is sitting themselves right now.

* Person 1 - Jerome Corsi
* Organization 1 - Wikileaks
* Person 2 - Randy Credico
* High ranking Trump official - Steve Bannon

Mueller is turning the screws. Rock solid case for Obstruction, witness tampering and false statements to Congress (for which 3 years seems like the minimum for even cooperators in this saga as per Cohen). With bonus death threats and pet death threats.

>Other Relevant Individuals Person 1 was a political commentator who worked with an online media publication during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. Person 1 spoke regularly with STONE throughout the campaign, including about the release of stolen documents by Organization 1. 10. Person 2 was a radio host who had known STONE for more than a decade. In testimony before HPSCI on or about September 26, 2017, STONE described Person 2 (without naming him) as an “intermediary,” “go-between,” and “mutual friend” to the head of Organization 1. In a follow-up letter to HPSCI dated October 13, 2017, STONE identified Person 2 by name and claimed Person 2 was the “gentleman who confirmed for Mr. Stone” that the head of Organization 1 had “‘[e]mails related to Hillary Clinton which are pending publication.’”

>12. After the July 22, 2016 release of stolen DNC emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Organization 1.

Damn.

>On or about July 31, 2016, STONE emailed Person 1 with the subject line, “Call me MON.” The body of the email read in part that Person 1’s associate in the United Kingdom “should see [the head of Organization 1].” On or about August 2, 2016, Person 1 emailed STONE. Person 1 wrote that he was currently in Europe and planned to return in or around mid-August. Person 1 stated in part, “Word is friend in embassy plans 2 more dumps. One shortly after I’m back. 2nd in Oct. Impact planned to be very damaging.” The phrase “friend in embassy” referred to the head of Organization 1. Person 1 added in the same email, “Time to let more than [the Clinton Campaign chairman] to be exposed as in bed w enemy if they are not ready to drop HRC. That appears to be the game hackers are now about. Would not hurt to start suggesting HRC old, memory bad, has stroke – neither he nor she well. I expect that much of next dump focus, setting stage for Foundation debacle.”

~~And who's this?~~ It's Credico. Thanks guys.

>Beginning on or about August 19, 2016, STONE exchanged written communications, including by text message and email, with Person 2 about Organization 1 and what the head of Organization 1 planned to do. a. b. c. On or about August 19, 2016, Person 2 sent a text message to STONE that read in part, “I’m going to have [the head of Organization 1] on my show next Thursday.” On or about August 21, 2016, Person 2 sent another text message to STONE, writing in part, “I have [the head of Organization 1] on Thursday so I’m completely tied up on that day.” On or about August 25, 2016, the head of Organization 1 was a guest on Person 2’s radio show for the first time. On or about August 26, 2016, Person 2 sent a text message to STONE that stated, “[the head of Organization 1] talk[ed] about you last night.” STONE asked what the head of Organization 1 said, to which Person 2 responded, “He didn’t say anything bad we were talking about how the Press is trying to make it look like you and he are in cahoots.” On or about August 27, 2016, Person 2 sent text messages to STONE that said, “We are working on a [head of Organization 1] radio show,” and that he (Person 2) wasin charge” of the project. In a text message sent later that day, Person 2 added, “[The head of Organization 1] has kryptonite on Hillary.”

Lordy, there is collusion.

>STONE testified falsely that he did not ask the person he referred to as his “go-between,” “mutual friend,” and “intermediary,” to communicate anything to the head of Organization 1 and did not ask the intermediary to do anything on STONE’s behalf.

Always genuinely thought that Stone was just an attention seeker desperate for someone to love him. Really didn't think he did it.

Now they've got the evidence, next domino to fall is the person who directed him. ~~Really hope this is Don Junior.
~~ It's Bannon.

>On or about December 1, 2017, STONE texted Person 2, “And if you turned over anything to the FBI you’re a fool.” Later that day, Person 2 texted STONE, “You need to amend your testimony before I testify on the 15th.” STONE responded, “If you testify you’re a fool. Because of tromp I could never get away with a certain [sic] my Fifth Amendment rights but you can. I guarantee you you are the one who gets indicted for perjury if you’re stupid enough to testify

Fuck, he's going to prison.

>On or about November 19, 2017, in a text message to STONE, Person 2 said that his lawyer wanted to see him (Person 2). **STONE responded, “‘Stonewall it. Plead the fifth. Anything to save the plan’ . . . Richard Nixon**.” On or about November 20, 2017, Person 2 informed HPSCI that he declined HPSCI’s request for a voluntary interview.

Evidence of a plan.

>On or about April 9, 2018, STONE wrote in an email to Person 2, “You are a rat. A stoolie. You backstab your friends-run your mouth my lawyers are dying Rip you to shreds.” STONE also said he would “take that dog away from you,” referring to Person 2’s dog. On or about the same day, STONE wrote to Person 2, “I am so ready. Let’s get it on. Prepare to die [expletive].” On or about May 21, 2018, Person 2 wrote in an email to STONE, “You should have just been honest with the house Intel committee . . . you’ve opened yourself up to perjury charges like an idiot.” STONE responded, “You are so full of [expletive]. You got nothing. Keep running your mouth and I’ll file a bar complaint against your friend [the attorney who had the ability to contact the head of Organization 1].”

Death threats for not lying effectively. And death threats against his dog? Fucking sociopath.

Glad this dropped early. Gives Maddow a whole day to prepare her show.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nothing to worry about...Fox News is on top of the most important story!

HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:38 am
Pruitt wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 am Roger Stone Indicted on Seven Charges

Clearly, OchoCinco needs to move to a better neighborhood.
That's outstanding. Funny thing is his Twitter says Liberty City. Somehow I can't envision a Trump lawyer so much as driving through Liberty City.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Is that maybe where he grew up?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

After I read this in the Reddit post above, a couple paragraphs down:
~~And who's this?~~ It's Credico. Thanks guys.
I read the rest of that post in Stefon's voice in my head.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

The sick fucker is loving the notoriety! He really just wants to be remembered as part of a major scandal. His entire career as been openly representing the worst people, including murderous dictators , and barely concealing criminal acts to bolster the politicians he represents. It's like he always wanted to get caught, and walked as close t the edge as he could. He even starts off by saying, "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." In the documentary, he described himself as a "dirty trickster," and bragged, surely beyond embellishment, to actually make himself seem worse. He is just desperate to create a legacy as the greatest political scam artist ever. He is like a terrorist group, and claims responsibility for things he didn't even do.

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

He just wants his State of the Union address. He'll close up the government again in three weeks. Let's not claim victory yet.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

i'm going to have to start using the phrase "defeat lap" I like it
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:24 pm He just wants his State of the Union address. He'll close up the government again in three weeks. Let's not claim victory yet.
HArold Wilson said that a week is a lifetime in politics.

The way things have been going, a hell of a lot can happen in three weeks.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

It was the LaGuardia shutdown this morning that did it.

And just think, we'll get to do it all over again in 3 weeks.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Baloney wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:25 pm i'm going to have to start using the phrase "defeat lap" I like it
He's going off to take a 'Sad Nap'
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:25 pm
sancarlos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:24 pm He just wants his State of the Union address. He'll close up the government again in three weeks. Let's not claim victory yet.
HArold Wilson said that a week is a lifetime in politics.

The way things have been going, a hell of a lot can happen in three weeks.
An hour is a week in this Presidency. Happy to have everyone back to work and getting paid, and having the work of the government done for 3 weeks, but this doesn't mean anything will get done and we don't end up in the same place in 3 weeks. I do think the GOP loses leverage by reopening the government because Dems actually want the government, while a lot of the GOP members are on a mission to ensure that government fails to help their corporate overlords make more money.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The sighs of relief from the Republicans in the Senate tell me he won't be able to do this again in three weeks.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:26 pm
Wow, the thread of responses to Bill O'Reilly's tweet is phenomenal. People are just killing him! Twitter must be a Liberal conspiracy, because I saw nothing but savage attacks on Bill O, and no support. Let's hold a Congressional hearing to yell at Twitter executives for this. Best comment, something to the effect of "Interesting, I look forward to watching you discuss on your show. I forget, what time is it on?"
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm The sighs of relief from the Republicans in the Senate tell me he won't be able to do this again in three weeks.
This is correct. If the government shuts down again in three weeks it will look even WORSE for the GOP unless there’s a massive change somehow in Trump’s ask or in the Dem caucus, neither of which seem likely. If Trump is listening to good advise he’ll take the deal for $5.7B in enhanced border security funding some of which might go to enhance existing fencing, call it a win and move on to his next massive fuckup.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Disagree. I think you guys are underestimating the evil that is Trump. I think this guy might be right.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:53 pm Disagree. I think you guys are underestimating the evil that is Trump. I think this guy might be right.
Agreed 100%
Noli Timere Messorem