Stupid things Facebook does

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EdRomero
Donny

Stupid things Facebook does

Post by EdRomero »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/tech ... acism.html
While Mr. Zuckerberg has conducted a public apology tour in the last year, Ms. Sandberg has overseen an aggressive lobbying campaign to combat Facebook’s critics, shift public anger toward rival companies and ward off damaging regulation. Facebook employed a Republican opposition-research firm to discredit activist protesters, in part by linking them to the liberal financier George Soros. It also tapped its business relationships, lobbying a Jewish civil rights group to cast some criticism of the company as anti-Semitic.
Also, Frontline just had a good 2 part show on the company. One of the highlights was when a Facebook employee was more or less asked how it felt to help a genocide.
Last edited by EdRomero on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Stupid things Facebook does

Post by Johnnie »

Scottie was right about this years ahead of time. Not that that changes other things about him, but we had a heads up on it.

Edit:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

The detail in that NY Times article about Chuck Schumer trying to squash any government investigation into Facebook because his daughter got a plum job there after college is almost perfectly on-brand.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Cue Bill Burr saying Ooohhh Jeeeesus...

Edit:

Ashley Feinberg for HuffPo
It’s uncomfortable to acknowledge that the person you’ve been joking around with the past few years is exactly the guy your harshest critics said he was. But if Crooked Media is serious about being a fresh voice for progressives, it’s time to stop pretending that Miller is anything other than what it’s supposed to be fighting against.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.