NFL 2018 - Week 16

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Sabo
The Dude

Re: NFL 2018 - Week 16

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:31 am Kitchens was previously on Bruce Arians' coaching staff in Arizona. Arians mentioned this season the only job he would come back to take is the Browns.
Arians also said if hired by the Browns he would definitely keep Kitchens as the OC and would consider keeping Williams as the DC. That has to be appealing to Dorsey, but I doubt Williams would want to stay on as DC considering his success as the interim head coach.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:30 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:31 am Kitchens was previously on Bruce Arians' coaching staff in Arizona. Arians mentioned this season the only job he would come back to take is the Browns.
Arians also said if hired by the Browns he would definitely keep Kitchens as the OC and would consider keeping Williams as the DC. That has to be appealing to Dorsey, but I doubt Williams would want to stay on as DC considering his success as the interim head coach.
I have wondered if Williams would be willing to stick around at DC under Arians. Despite his statement this season that he had four head coaching offers without even having to interview since losing his last head coaching job, I really doubt any NFL team is really going to offer someone with a 17-31 record (before this season) and a "Bountygate" scandal a head job.

If I was a Browns fan, I would be worried about not just Williams, but also if Dorsey is looking to reunite with McCarthy.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

That is my biggest fear. I’m not convinced McCarthy can make the Browns an elite team. It does seem the game has passed him by. At least with Williams, you’re seeing the team grow and get better. I’m not saying Williams will get them to the Super Bowl but at least he has them pointing in the right direction.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

One is a frustrated guy in a private message that was leaked.

The other is a headcase on his fourth team who blasted his organization in a local radio interview.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Sabo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:27 pm That is my biggest fear. I’m not convinced McCarthy can make the Browns an elite team. It does seem the game has passed him by. At least with Williams, you’re seeing the team grow and get better. I’m not saying Williams will get them to the Super Bowl but at least he has them pointing in the right direction.
He can't. The best thing about keeping Williams (or hell, even promoting Kitchens which is what you probably should do) is that he won't touch the offense.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Gunpowder wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:54 am One is a frustrated guy in a private message that was leaked.

The other is a headcase on his fourth team who blasted his organization in a local radio interview.
fourth team? i thought he went straight from the texans drafting him to washington. whatd i miss?
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

You missed the Bucs and Cardinals.

He may be playing well this season but I've seen enough teams getting fed up with his even edgier impression of Mike Mitchell.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:24 am You missed the Bucs and Cardinals.

He may be playing well this season but I've seen enough teams getting fed up with his even edgier impression of Mike Mitchell.
He was clearly in demand after he was waived. Arizona was first in line and picked him up, so clearly he didn’t burn bridges when he was there previously. Washington won’t tolerate dissent, but they have no problem with Rueben Foster and his track record.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

BSF21 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:16 am That’s the safest finger in America.
#bookit
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

How good would Wilson be with an NFL offense not from 1958?
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

tennbengal wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 am How good would Wilson be with an NFL offense not from 1958?
And his receivers...I don't watch them much, but they seem to make incredible catches every time I watch them.