Neither rain nor sleet nor snow....but cold...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow....but cold...

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Neither rain nor sleet nor snow....but cold...

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I was out snowmobiling on a lake in MI the day Cinci played some other team I don't remember in one of the coldest NFL games of all time. I think I remember the wind chill being -30 or something ridiculous. I was 12 or 13, so it would've been '82 or '83... I also remember that the other team was from a warm climate and it fucked them up... game wasn't close.

I think my point is, bundle up and get your fucking shit done. (Kind of kidding. I was up in Stowe a couple years ago when the air temp was -8 and we just put on full face masks and skied all day. As long as you've got good gear, and you're moving...)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 am I was out snowmobiling on a lake in MI the day Cinci played some other team I don't remember in one of the coldest NFL games of all time. I think I remember the wind chill being -30 or something ridiculous. I was 12 or 13, so it would've been '82 or '83... I also remember that the other team was from a warm climate and it fucked them up... game wasn't close.

I think my point is, bundle up and get your fucking shit done. (Kind of kidding. I was up in Stowe a couple years ago when the air temp was -8 and we just put on full face masks and skied all day. As long as you've got good gear, and you're moving...)
That was the 1981 AFC Championship game.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

That was a week after The Epic In Miami. The Chargers has a complete 180 in terms of weather conditions: heatstroke and cramping one week, Hoth the next.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Brutal cold here - 0 fahrenheit and windy as hell.

But it could be worse... up to two feet of snow falling in Buffalo (they had 8 inches yesterday!)
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Sabo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 am I was out snowmobiling on a lake in MI the day Cinci played some other team I don't remember in one of the coldest NFL games of all time. I think I remember the wind chill being -30 or something ridiculous. I was 12 or 13, so it would've been '82 or '83... I also remember that the other team was from a warm climate and it fucked them up... game wasn't close.

Funny, looking at that page, I almost wrote -60 in my post, because I remember that being talked about at the time. I guess that means of measuring wind chill is out-dated.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:52 pm
Sabo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 am

Funny, looking at that page, I almost wrote -60 in my post, because I remember that being talked about at the time. I guess that means of measuring wind chill is out-dated.
Yes, I always remember that game as being touted as having wind chills near -59F. But the way wind chill is calculated has changed in the mean time, so the new estimate is wind chills that day where in the high -30s.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.