Hood troubles

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Hood toubles

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 pm Asking for comments or likes on this article: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity ... 40449-oGeN

Or anyone with a blog or knows a journalist to pitch this story to, Hood wants to speak out everywhere he can. Now I ask you, does that sound like the actions of a man who is guilty of what the law firm alleged? Hell, no!

Bronto, I think this story is perfect for From the Marbles! Think about it, you could get an exclusive interview!

LAY ON THE ICE LIKE A BROAD SCORES HUGE SCOOP
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 pm
The Sybian wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 pm Asking for comments or likes on this article: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity ... 40449-oGeN

Or anyone with a blog or knows a journalist to pitch this story to, Hood wants to speak out everywhere he can. Now I ask you, does that sound like the actions of a man who is guilty of what the law firm alleged? Hell, no!

Bronto, I think this story is perfect for From the Marbles! Think about it, you could get an exclusive interview!

Audible laughter.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Bizniss Horse to break into serious journalism.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

NBC News did a story about Hood’s lawsuit and the partner exodus.

https://apple.news/AupwrTUIJTvmvntC579Z_xQ
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

brian wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:35 pm NBC News did a story about Hood’s lawsuit and the partner exodus.

Giuliani, Tulsi Gabbard, Carter Page -- the firm he left represents some great ones. Has there been any reporting on the financial misconduct Hood alleges?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46 pm
brian wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:35 pm NBC News did a story about Hood’s lawsuit and the partner exodus.

Giuliani, Tulsi Gabbard, Carter Page -- the firm he left represents some great ones. Has there been any reporting on the financial misconduct Hood alleges?
Numerous articles. And court documents have been showing the allegations of financial misconduct are substantiated. Really interesting to see how this plays out.

In other former Hood employer news, I highly recommend a new podcast called We Crash, discussing the downfall of the founder and former CEO of We Work. Only 2 episodes so far, but man is it well produced and compelling. Hood said he was interviewed for it, and he either appears or is quoted in an upcoming episode.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

That’s quite a resume when Skadden is the most normal place you’ve worked at
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

"As I have said from the day we launched, this firm is the legal industry equivalent of the Navy's SEAL Team 6 or the Army's 75th Ranger Regiment," said Pierce, who co-founded the firm in 2017. "I will accept nothing less. Not everyone is cut out for SEAL training or Ranger school."

What a fucking toolbag.

As I said way back when this thread first popped up, I don't have any idea if the allegations against Hood are true or not, but this Pierce guy sure seems like a Grade A Douchenozzle.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:17 pm
EdRomero wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46 pm

In other former Hood employer news, I highly recommend a new podcast called We Crash, discussing the downfall of the founder and former CEO of We Work. Only 2 episodes so far, but man is it well produced and compelling. Hood said he was interviewed for it, and he either appears or is quoted in an upcoming episode.

I'm always looking for good pods, so to save others who might go searching.

This is actually called WeCrashed. It's put out by Wondery, who are operating under a different model than Gimlet, but are probably one of the top 5 in producing quality content right now. The guy that does the narrating is the same one that does Business Wars, which is another well done podcast (if, a little drawn out for my taste.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Looks like a dude trying to tell me to live my best life and invest in his new start up. (But I'm sure he's rich as fuck tho. All those degrees and with who he defends.)

From his bio:
Prior to law school, John was an M1A1 Abrams tank platoon leader in the U.S. Army’s 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, Texas. He attended the Army’s Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia and participated in two rotations at the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, California.
So like. You weren't a SEAL or Ranger. But your law office is like a SEAL Team or Ranger Regiment?
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

That doesn't look or sound like any trial lawyer I've ever met. These guys are usually pretty eccentric, but not in that direction.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Holy shit I had no idea this was happening. Last I heard he was working for the City.

Damn.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Vindication for our boy?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:10 pm Vindication for our boy?
Sure, but that also likely means there is nobody for him to collect if he wins his lawsuit. It didn't seem like there was going to be any money left after their ponzi scheme was exposed anyways. Hopefully he sued the partners personally as well as suing the firm, but I'm sure he will be happy to see the firm implode.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Seems like he might have a case against Pierce at least but Hood is striking me as a “dish best served cold” guy WRT all this stuff so he might be inclined to harass him for the next couple decades to get any judgment he receives.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I thought this was going to be updated with people having trouble with getting a lot of emails from him now
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Would be nice if he was still able to walk away with a pile of cabbage.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

What the actual fuck.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Tyranny?"
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Just checked Mediaite.com, a news aggregator site, and Pierce is the top story!

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-law ... ter-video/
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I'll give Hood this, he is relentless! I think I get an email nearly every day about some new article he's written. And he's nonstop on Twitter about it.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am I'll give Hood this, he is relentless! I think I get an email nearly every day about some new article he's written. And he's nonstop on Twitter about it.
If someone said about me the stuff they're accusing him of and I didn't do it, I'd probably do the same.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 am
Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am I'll give Hood this, he is relentless! I think I get an email nearly every day about some new article he's written. And he's nonstop on Twitter about it.
If someone said about me the stuff they're accusing him of and I didn't do it, I'd probably do the same.
I get the motivation, but I don't think I could keep this up. And I'm not that sure it's great to do so either.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:02 pm
I get the motivation, but I don't think I could keep this up. And I'm not that sure it's great to do so either.
There is the prospect of a decent payday at the end for him.
brian
The Dude

Re: Hood troubles

Post by brian »

I gotta say. I had to edit this thread title. It was driving me nuts. Sorry if any of you liked it the other way.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:06 pm I gotta say. I had to edit this thread title. It was driving me nuts. Sorry if any of you liked it the other way.
No, thank you. It was annoying.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

No touble at all, I'm sure.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:02 pm
Not to the extent he is keeping on. I can't imagine what he went through with the allegations, and to a degree how could you not be consumed with it, but it can't be healthy making it a full time job. OTOH, he probably didn't expect Pierce to become a player in so much of the Trump and RW media universe and making himself a part of the story with the Rittenhouse kid.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Retweeted by Rick Wilson

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Realized today that he probably has the most famous Twitter follower of any Swamper, or at least is super close - Martina Navratilova.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:18 pm Realized today that he probably has the most famous Twitter follower of any Swamper, or at least is super close - Martina Navratilova.
Can anyone else come remotely close to that?
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

tennbengal wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:34 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:18 pm Realized today that he probably has the most famous Twitter follower of any Swamper, or at least is super close - Martina Navratilova.
Can anyone else come remotely close to that?
Bronto maybe has the best chance.
Totally Kafkaesque
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Hood's a pretty popular left-wing influencer these days. Not top-tier but he regular gets hundreds of favs for every post.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:46 pm Hood's a pretty popular left-wing influencer these days. Not top-tier but he regular gets hundreds of favs for every post.
That's because he hounds the fuck out of us to get the likes.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, and he posts/emails a LOT. It's pretty impressive, actually. Maybe not that healthy, but it's impressive.
Totally Kafkaesque
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Not sure which thread this was supposed to go in, but still a lot of weirdness surrounding John Pierce's disappearance.

DOJ filed this notice in court today about the mystery.

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

TLDR version?