Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Re: Man's Best Friend

Post by BSF21 »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:03 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:37 am
Megawatt wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:05 pm Thanks! I’ve been around since there was a “front page”.
A little about myself: I grew up In NW PA but now live outside Baltimore in an area that tends to flood too much and work for an energy company that has a large office building in Harbor East
Ellicott City!

Exelon!!!
Yeah NL, don't dox him. The locals already knew where to wander to try and see the pup...
Yea I assume because they can see the pup from the county line.

Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

This is why we can't have new friends.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Also RE my last post, gives me a reason to post my favorite photoshop of all time.

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:26 am I think I peaked creatively, if not in general, with that poker playing picture on FB...
That was indeed great!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

1.) there is really a website for everything
https://www.doesthedogdie.com/

2.) how long until the home version?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler ... 7e7a5c62e0
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

BSF21 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:38 am Also RE my last post, gives me a reason to post my favorite photoshop of all time.

That is hilarious.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

A_B wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:37 am This is why we can't have new friends.
We can only have one MW, dammit.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 pm
A_B wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:37 am This is why we can't have new friends.
We can only have one MW, dammit.
MaxWebster better start posting puppy pics then.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:26 pm
BSF21 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:38 am Also RE my last post, gives me a reason to post my favorite photoshop of all time.
That is hilarious.
Absolutely.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Megawatt
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Megawatt »

No worries on the “sleuthing”, I knew when I posted that info it wasn’t the most indiscrete. With respect to my hometown I’ll keep the hints going: birthplace of the oil industry!
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Megawatt wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm No worries on the “sleuthing”, I knew when I posted that info it wasn’t the most indiscrete. With respect to my hometown I’ll keep the hints going: birthplace of the oil industry!
Jed Clampet's backyard. Got you now.

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

You guys are bullies!
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Megawatt wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm No worries on the “sleuthing”, I knew when I posted that info it wasn’t the most indiscrete. With respect to my hometown I’ll keep the hints going: birthplace of the oil industry!
Saudi Arabia?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Dog is home.

Tricked us into taking the cone off so he could reach his water bowl and then when I went out to get dinner (TACO NIGHT) my wife and kids took their eyes off him for a minute and he jumped on the couch. Then they held him there until I got home so I could pick him up and off the couch. Ate a little bit.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Good to hear, rass.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Megawatt
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Megawatt »

Glad to hear that Rass, good luck on the road to recovery. Max just inhaled a box of fries, so there’s that
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Megawatt wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:59 pm Glad to hear that Rass, good luck on the road to recovery. Max just inhaled a box of fries, so there’s that
So did my Max!

Good to hear Rass.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Megawatt
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Megawatt »

The aftermath of an illicit french fry indulgence -
1C418E03-7A2F-4FAE-A89E-FAA549CFEE8D.jpeg
1C418E03-7A2F-4FAE-A89E-FAA549CFEE8D.jpeg (64.58 KiB) Viewed 455 times
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

We’ve been worried lately about our 12 year-old girl. She’s been limping a lot and occasionally stumbling. She has a great attitude and always wants to be on the go, anyway. So we took her to the vet, who said it is probably arthritis. (She blew an ACL almost three years ago, but that was a back leg and the current issue is with a front leg, so it isn’t that.) The vet said to keep her on an anti-inflammatory pills (Rovera) consistently for a week, with no walks, so she rests the leg. But that just makes things harder, because she feels better and really wants her walks (and she’d rather poop on a walk than in the yard, anyway.) Sigh.

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Holy shit this fucking dog is farting all over me.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This good boi would have been the best First Dog ever.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Probably claims he’s 1/16th Native American Dog.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I'll hear nothing bad against the queen, or the first doggo, CDboi.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:25 pm I'll hear nothing bad against the queen, or the first doggo, CDboi.
Uhh, throw shade with more accuracy next time cheeseboi.

BFJ, meant that for you
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:22 pm Holy shit this fucking dog is farting all over me.
My dog's farts tonight were the worst she's ever had. Absolutely revolting.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:21 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:25 pm I'll hear nothing bad against the queen, or the first doggo, CDboi.

BFJ, meant that for you
I knew what you meant. I was just happy to find out there was a breed called a Native American Dog.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

bfj wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:51 am
govmentchedda wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:21 pm

BFJ, meant that for you
I knew what you meant. I was just happy to find out there was a breed called a Native American Dog.
You calling Bailey, "Pupohontas"?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

First post-surgery dump. Yay
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

rass wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm First post-surgery dump. Yay
I’ve had a few drinks to celebrate this occasion. (Despite learning about the defecation after the 3 or 7 drinks I’ve consumed tonight.). Go Gus!
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm First post-surgery dump. Yay
Good boy Gus!

Also want to say that if you've had a few drinks - or edibles - and are looking for something to watch. YouTube has a lot of Flyball videos from the annual Crufts' dog shows in the UK.

Fine entertainment.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

We adopted a 5 month black lab rescue a month ago. Still no papers for her, but what we expected as a calm/sometimes lazy lab has turned into a pup with endless amounts of energy. She was thin, but only seems to get longer legs and more athletic looking each day. We are still waiting on her paperwork, but we are thinking the mix part is a whippet. The hair/size/shape/energy levels seem to match. She gets at least 4 miles of walks a day and is still ready to go for another one. The wife has started running with her. A jog for her barely gets the pup into a trot. I've never seen her even breathe heavily. I'm not sure what we got ourselves into.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

testuser2 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:01 pm We adopted a 5 month black lab rescue a month ago. Still no papers for her, but what we expected as a calm/sometimes lazy lab has turned into a pup with endless amounts of energy. She was thin, but only seems to get longer legs and more athletic looking each day. We are still waiting on her paperwork, but we are thinking the mix part is a whippet. The hair/size/shape/energy levels seem to match. She gets at least 4 miles of walks a day and is still ready to go for another one. The wife has started running with her. A jog for her barely gets the pup into a trot. I've never seen her even breathe heavily. I'm not sure what we got ourselves into.
Congratulations! Now, do yourself a favor and get into obedience training right away. Smartest thing we ever did.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

testuser2 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:01 pm We adopted a 5 month black lab rescue a month ago. Still no papers for her, but what we expected as a calm/sometimes lazy lab has turned into a pup with endless amounts of energy. She was thin, but only seems to get longer legs and more athletic looking each day. We are still waiting on her paperwork, but we are thinking the mix part is a whippet. The hair/size/shape/energy levels seem to match. She gets at least 4 miles of walks a day and is still ready to go for another one. The wife has started running with her. A jog for her barely gets the pup into a trot. I've never seen her even breathe heavily. I'm not sure what we got ourselves into.
Buckle up. Our last pup was a lab mix of some sort (no papers, but looked fully lab), and she only became '"not a puppy" when her health started to deteriorate around 13 yrs old. Can't imagine that mixed with a whippet.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Buckle up. Our last pup was a lab mix of some sort (no papers, but looked fully lab), and she only became '"not a puppy" when her health started to deteriorate around 13 yrs old. Can't imagine that mixed with a whippet.
Sounds like my previous neighbor's dogs. Had a yellow lab that was full blown puppy energy until she was 16. She was blind and arthritic in the end, but still jumped all over everyone and went nuts. They got a chocolate lab puppy when the first one was 14 or so. That dog is now 10, grey and only slightly slowed. She'll jump all over you, but now rolls over for a belly rub after a few minutes instead of continuing to jump. Not sure if they don't do a good job disciplining or just had some crazy labs.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

My neighbor has two black labs and I hate both of them.

The dogs are OK, though.

Not really, they bark a lot and on multiple occasions run into our yard and take a shit. But that isn't the dogs' fault.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:48 pm
Congratulations! Now, do yourself a favor and get into obedience training right away. Smartest thing we ever did.
Most wives don’t like that sancarlos...
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:39 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Sounds like my previous neighbor's dogs. Had a yellow lab that was full blown puppy energy until she was 16. She was blind and arthritic in the end, but still jumped all over everyone and went nuts. They got a chocolate lab puppy when the first one was 14 or so. That dog is now 10, grey and only slightly slowed. She'll jump all over you, but now rolls over for a belly rub after a few minutes instead of continuing to jump. Not sure if they don't do a good job disciplining or just had some crazy labs.
From my experience, disciplining her was really hard and never really stuck. Don't get me wrong I've seen chilled out labs (mostly those that were trained from an early age as hunting companions), but I've also seen very many zany labs.

Labradoodles are all the rage down here and every one of those dogs I've ever met has been even nuttier. Friendly as hell, but they've all acted pretty coked up.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Double lab owner here. You're in for a wild ride but they're the best doge.

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Two yellow labs for me as well. Lucy is 12 and slow and arthritic. She's been an "old" dog for years now. In fairness to her, she's been through chemo twice.

My other dog, Fuzzy Kat, is an 8-year-old puppy. She's constantly happy and full of boundless energy.

They're just great dogs.
Totally Kafkaesque
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I LOVE my chocolate labradoodle. Absolutely wonderful.

But I've put my foot down and the next dog is a yellow lab.