Bunny Lebowski

Re: Man's Best Friend

Post by Moreta »

Yay new dogs! Congrats. I love them.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

This is my new pup Penny. She’s almost 2 months old and we got her just 2 days ago. She’s a ton of fun, and just about the cutest damn thing ever. She learned how to fetch today which was very exciting.
20D7D2D4-5C7F-4D87-8962-F0CCAA6DB3F3.jpeg
20D7D2D4-5C7F-4D87-8962-F0CCAA6DB3F3.jpeg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 976 times
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Lookit those ears! Awww
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Corgi?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

bfj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 pmCorgi?
Yes, of the Pembroke variety. She's only 5 pounds now but should grow to about 20.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Thanks for sharing, BSF. They both look like lovable goofballs.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Joe K wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 pm This is my new pup Penny. She’s almost 2 months old and we got her just 2 days ago. She’s a ton of fun, and just about the cutest damn thing ever. She learned how to fetch today which was very exciting.
Get in my belly!!

You aren't far off, that dog is unbelievably cute.

And the corgis I've met are pretty much all great dogs. They have that terrier thing - they don't act small.

I'll just post one of my 2 year old potcake Izzy, just because - Image
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Joe K wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 pm This is my new pup Penny. She’s almost 2 months old and we got her just 2 days ago. She’s a ton of fun, and just about the cutest damn thing ever. She learned how to fetch today which was very exciting.

20D7D2D4-5C7F-4D87-8962-F0CCAA6DB3F3.jpeg
Dude, we need a picture where we can see the full ear. A corgi pup that hasn't grown into her ears yet has to be the cutest thing ever.

And Moreta owes us pics of her husky pup!
-Pruitt
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Here’s a photo where her ears are fully visible. Unsurprisingly, I’ve gotten stopped by strangers more in the last 48 hours while walking her than I probably had been in the prior 3 years.
9C2BF6F8-78B7-4814-AB59-715229ABCBDF.jpeg
9C2BF6F8-78B7-4814-AB59-715229ABCBDF.jpeg (49.84 KiB) Viewed 944 times
The Sybian wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 pm Dude, we need a picture where we can see the full ear. A corgi pup that hasn't grown into her ears yet has to be the cutest thing ever.

And Moreta owes us pics of her husky pup!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That dog is dangerously cute Joe K. Congrats.

Still a great looking dog Pruitt.

Why does the Canadian version of the Pillsbury Doughboy appear to be evil?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

For the first time in a long time I wandered into this thread. I clicked the red "take me to the newest post button" and I started at page 16 in posts from June of last year.

I read about death, more death, injuries, and fighting a dog and my reason for wandering in of "Maybe I should get a dog since I'm an adult" went to "Yup, nope. Don't think it's gonna happen now."

Then I get to the last page and I see new pups and I'm like "OHMYGODDDD SO FUCKING CUTE AWWWWWWW."

So suggestions...What's a good first dog? Small/medium, doesn't shed much, happy go lucky, likes walks, easy to train. Not sure if that's specific or general, but yea. Thoughts?
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If you aren't positive, don't get a dog. Especially if you want to travel or might be looking to live in any sort situation where a dog could rule out possibilities.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Seconded
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

(And anyone who is single and saying "nah, go for it!", ask who their closest relative is. Having a built in sitter changes the dynamic a bit.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

AAAAH CORGI BABY! SO cute.

My pitsky isn’t tiny and adorable anymore. She’s dignified and stately. And the goofiest dog ever.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Wow!

You say "goofiest," but that top picture shows what looks to be the wisest dog ever.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

She’s quite ridiculous. She flattens her ears back and wiggles her whole body uncontrollably when one of her people comes home. She thinks everyone needs their face licked for at least 5 straight minutes every day. She punches people in the crotch with her snout when she wants to play. If she thinks it’s time to go for a walk, she sits and the door and cries like a toddler.

We love her.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Adorable Corgo, Joe K...if we didn't have pugs Corgi was my preferred breed. Our next door neighbor has one and he's great.

Buck was watching Westminster last night and checking out the FB page when the Pug won the Toy group...first time since 2006. He'll be rooting him on tonight.
IMG_20180212_194131431.jpg
IMG_20180212_194131431.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 896 times
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 am Wow!

You say "goofiest," but that top picture shows what looks to be the wisest dog ever.
I had the same thought, his expression says, "I am so much fucking smarter than you." He is a magnificent looking dog. I had a Siberian Husky when I was 3. I don't remember her, but I have an ingrained love of the breed. I've known a lot of pitbulls and pit mixes, and they have been the most affectionate dogs. I miss my neighbors pitbull at my previous house. Their backyard was next to my driveway. Every time I came home, their dog would run to the fence to greet me. Never made a sound, but she would stand up with her head over the fence and stare at me with the saddest look until I went over to pet her.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

This is as close as I’ll get to owning a dog again.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 am If you aren't positive, don't get a dog. Especially if you want to travel or might be looking to live in any sort situation where a dog could rule out possibilities.
govmentchedda wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 amSeconded
That's a really good point. Yes, I do want to travel. And I do want to do things where I leave for long stretches of the day. Literally every 4 day weekend I'm in Tucson, so that goes away unless my friends really, really love me like that.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

There's a lot of times now where we're like "why didn't we go to _______" before kids and then we remember why.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Our Ellie will be our last one for the foreseeable future. With all the stuff going on with the kiddos and how much we go places, we are terrible dog parents when it comes to giving her the attention she deserves. She's a lowkey pooch anyway in the last years of her life and just enjoys sleeping or lounging in the grass, but too often she slips our mind when we're planning vacations. Like, right now just realized we haven't thought about where she'll be when we go to California this summer. Or Illinois in May. We suck.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Same reason we have no plans on another right now. I don't need any added degree of difficulty.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm Same reason we have no plans on another right now. I don't need any added degree of difficulty.
We're thinking of taking on a second, to give the first someone to play with besides us. But I have a feeling we'd regret that. Any thoughts? Are two dogs twice as hard as one?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Giff wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm Our Ellie will be our last one for the foreseeable future. With all the stuff going on with the kiddos and how much we go places, we are terrible dog parents when it comes to giving her the attention she deserves. She's a lowkey pooch anyway in the last years of her life and just enjoys sleeping or lounging in the grass, but too often she slips our mind when we're planning vacations. Like, right now just realized we haven't thought about where she'll be when we go to California this summer. Or Illinois in May. We suck.
Get a housesitter to take care of her and watch the house while you are gone?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This is going to veer off, but why would anyone need someone to "watch the house"? I've never understood that even a little.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm This is going to veer off, but why would anyone need someone to "watch the house"? I've never understood that even a little.
I'm currently watching my neighbours' house while they're in Florida. Pick up mail, turn lights on, check furnace, plumbing, make sure not broken in to.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm This is going to veer off, but why would anyone need someone to "watch the house"? I've never understood that even a little.
I'm currently watching my neighbours' house while they're in Florida. Pick up mail, turn lights on, check furnace, plumbing, make sure not broken in to.
This is exactly how I watch my own house
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

To deter criminals? Having someone in the house, living, while you are gone, does that. Etc.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:38 pm
Pruitt wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm
This is exactly how I watch my own house
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 pmTo deter criminals? Having someone in the house, living, while you are gone, does that. Etc.
You'd feel like a real dick if the criminal came anyway and murdered your house watcher.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

"You guys give up? Or are ya thirsty for m...(hail of gunfire)"
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:06 pm
tennbengal wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 pmTo deter criminals? Having someone in the house, living, while you are gone, does that. Etc.
You'd feel like a real dick if the criminal came anyway and murdered your house watcher.
Maybe?

Is house-sitting while someone is gone really a mystery to you? It's a thing.

If I am missing an in-joke, my bad.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm Same reason we have no plans on another right now. I don't need any added degree of difficulty.
We're thinking of taking on a second, to give the first someone to play with besides us. But I have a feeling we'd regret that. Any thoughts? Are two dogs twice as hard as one?
Two dogs are not twice as hard (although it depends on the dog, I guess). We had one for four years then got a second (and then a third & fourth + fostering). Then the herd (or grumble, I guess) started to thin and we had two for another four years until June. Going from one to two was definitely different but still manageable...even for one person. It all comes down to the dog and whether or not its a puppy; how they get along; food guarding; etc.

If you want to dip your toe in the water sign up to foster with a local rescue organization...that can give you a taste without the lifetime commitment.
Last edited by GoodKarma on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pmIs house-sitting while someone is gone really a mystery to you? It's a thing.
I find it insanely weird. I've heard of it but never known anyone who house sit or had a house sitter.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Before I was married, I house sat for a bunch of older family members when they went away on vacation. I didn’t have to sleep there if I didn’t want to, but I watered plants, took in mail, fed fish, brought in UPS deliveries, turned on/off lights, etc. Weed $ for 5 minutes of work/day.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

For us it's mostly about the doggo and the three cats. But, as long as someone is coming by for the animals, like Pruitt said, they can pick up the newspaper and mail, water the plants, and if it hits the right day of the week, put the trash and recycling at the curb and then put the bins away after pickup.

We have an older lady who does all that for us. We love the fact that she sleeps in our house mainly because the dog loves her and gets lots of attention.

Pro tip when hiring somebody to do this sort of thing when you travel (whether they stay at the house or not). Old ladies are MUCH more dependable and reliable than 20-somethings or teenagers. (Much less likely to dip into your liquor, too). Always go with the old folks.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:09 pm
For us it's mostly about the doggo and the three cats. But, as long as someone is coming by for the animals, like Pruitt said, they can pick up the newspaper and mail, water the plants, and if it hits the right day of the week, put the trash and recycling at the curb and then put the bins away after pickup.

We have an older lady who does all that for us. We love the fact that she sleeps in our house mainly because the dog loves her and gets lots of attention.

Pro tip when hiring somebody to do this sort of thing when you travel (whether they stay at the house or not). Old ladies are MUCH more dependable and reliable than 20-somethings or teenagers. (Much less likely to dip into your liquor, too). Always go with the old folks.
Funny timing on this topic. Just got a text from a neighbor. I used to pop in 2 or 3 times a day to take care of their dog when they went on vacation, but now she has her college aged niece live in their house when they are away, a bit of a make work program. The niece bailed on one day this week, so I am taking their puppy out on Friday. Their older dog is my all-time favorite dog. He is a 14 yo Anatolian shepherd mix. He looks exactly like an Anatolian, but he is only 75 pounds. Their puppy is a couple months old, and looks exactly like the older guy.
-Pruitt