Fantasy Football 2019

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Fantasy Football 2019

Post by The Sybian »

I'll talk a wildly annoying thread topic and kick it off with a question only 4 people will care about...

In DSafe's fantasy league, who decided not to keep Dalvin Cook? Trying to figure this out. Was it Mountain Goats? They drafted him 2 years ago and must have kept him, as he wasn't drafted last year. Did he really decide to keep Kareem Hunt over Dalvin Cook? Interesting choice.

Also, thanks to Sabo dropping James Connor, my first 4 players will be 2 RB-WR combos from the same team (Steelers and Packers). I really hate doing that, but I can't pass on Conner.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Fantasy Football 2019

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am I'll talk a wildly annoying thread topic and kick it off with a question only 4 people will care about...

In DSafe's fantasy league, who decided not to keep Dalvin Cook? Trying to figure this out. Was it Mountain Goats? They drafted him 2 years ago and must have kept him, as he wasn't drafted last year. Did he really decide to keep Kareem Hunt over Dalvin Cook? Interesting choice.

Also, thanks to Sabo dropping James Connor, my first 4 players will be 2 RB-WR combos from the same team (Steelers and Packers). I really hate doing that, but I can't pass on Conner.
You'll regret this when BENNY FUCKING SNELL takes his job and rushes for 150 yards 14 times this season and -25 twice.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am I'll talk a wildly annoying thread topic and kick it off with a question only 4 people will care about...

Yeah, I had to choose two among James Conner, David Johnson and Amari Cooper. I think Johnson is going to go nuts in that Kingsbury offense, and although I equally love and hate Cooper, he showed too much after he joined the Cowboys to not keep him.

Plus, Conner is a walking concussion waiting to happen.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 am

Yeah, I had to choose two among James Conner, David Johnson and Amari Cooper. I think Johnson is going to go nuts in that Kingsbury offense, and although I equally love and hate Cooper, he showed too much after he joined the Cowboys to not keep him.

Plus, Conner is a walking concussion waiting to happen.
That was a really tough choice. I love Cooper and think he is going to be a beast, but 3 top 10 overalls at RB, in a non-PPR league with 2 WR and a flex, I probably would have kept your 3 RBs. I was going to offer you a trade pre-keeper announcement for a RB, but decided to see what you'd do. Keeping 3RB is a weird move, but I've been so fucked at RB every year in this league, I'd overcompensate. I just hope this is the year my first pick gets past week 1 without a season ending injury.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

So in one of my money leagues I took Andrew Luck in the 6th round.

Not happy as my other QB is Jameis Winston.

As soon as I heard the news, I went online to find another QB and there was a trade offer on the table - I send Joe Mixon and get Josh Allen and Devin Funchess in return.

I picked up Matt Stafford off the Free Agent list and diplomatically told the guy he must be insane offering me a QB with such bad stats and a receiver he was no doubt going to cut.

Guy got huffy with me - and cut Funchess a few minutes ago.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 pm So in one of my money leagues I took Andrew Luck in the 6th round.

As soon as I heard the news, I went online to find another QB and there was a trade offer on the table - I send Joe Mixon and get Josh Allen and Devin Funchess in return.

I picked up Matt Stafford off the Free Agent list and diplomatically told the guy he must be insane offering me a QB with such bad stats and a receiver he was no doubt going to cut.

Eh, I think Winston could put up big numbers this year. I saw the news on Luck as my 13 yo son went to bed, and I didn't have the heart to tell him. He drafted Luck, and I'm not looking forward to him hearing the news in the morning.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:57 pm
Pruitt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 pm So in one of my money leagues I took Andrew Luck in the 6th round.

Eh, I think Winston could put up big numbers this year. I saw the news on Luck as my 13 yo son went to bed, and I didn't have the heart to tell him. He drafted Luck, and I'm not looking forward to him hearing the news in the morning.
Arians can’t fix stupid.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think my team might really suck.

QB: Brady
RB: Kamara, Mack, L. Murray, Ekeler, a lot of soon to be released backups I picked because I wasn't paying much attention when my turn came up
WR: Diggs, Moore, Sutton, Valdez-Scantling, Gallup, Parker
TE: Kittle

Good luck even trying to decipher which round this all happened in.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Hey, any chance one of you would be available for a phone/Google Docs draft this Monday 9/2 at 2pm EST (or make it to Southern Jersey if you're in the area)? I was recently conscripted to commish my long-time 10 year league, and we had a guy drop out relatively recently. $100 buy-in, or $110 if we decide to do an NFL playoff challenge. PM for deets.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

I don't hate it but I don't love it.

QB: K. Murray & Derek Carr
RB: Chubb, Gurley, Johnson Jr, Peyton Barber
WR: C Godwin, Allen Robinson 2 electric boogaloo, Will Fuller, James Washington, some other backups
TE: Ertz
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My main league needs a player (or two) for Sunday night's draft.

PPR/snake. Ryan's in it, kind of low stress - $100. Let me know.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:48 pm I think my team might really suck.

QB: Brady
RB: Kamara, Mack, L. Murray, Ekeler, a lot of soon to be released backups I picked because I wasn't paying much attention when my turn came up
WR: Diggs, Moore, Sutton, Valdez-Scantling, Gallup, Parker
TE: Kittle

Good luck even trying to decipher which round this all happened in.
If that's for an 18 team league, you are in decent shape.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

My draft is Tuesday night and I get back from Boston Monday late. And have a full slate of shit I have to do Tuesday. Which means I’ll draft perfectly.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pruitt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:20 am My main league needs a player (or two) for Sunday night's draft.

What time??
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Giff wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:07 pm
Pruitt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:20 am My main league needs a player (or two) for Sunday night's draft.

What time??
It's at 9 eastern, but the commish found a guy.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

So a hothead in my medium money pool was so pissed off that Brown was going to be suspended that he traded him...

For Demariyus Thomas.

And then Brown landed with the Pats.

Could be the single worst trade I have ever seen.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

hothead, same league as Pruitt-a Bill's fan, frustrated with Antonio Brown...this is all adding up.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Dear Giff,

Thank you for not starting Sammy Watkins this week.

Much love,

Sabo
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Sabo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:45 pm Dear Giff,

Thank you for not starting Sammy Watkins this week.

Much love,

Sabo
Yeah, that hurts. Tonight could be exciting!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I could very likely lose to a team that started the Dolphins defence.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 am I could very likely lose to a team that started the Dolphins defence.
Not my best roster move. I wasn't buying into the Lamar Jackson hype. Clearly I was wrong and underestimated the fact that the Dolphins really are tanking.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

When trying to decide between three equally awful WR3s, you should probably go with the one who is paired with your QB, even if he's the consensus worst? Especially when you need an explosive day to pull out the win. I'm talking myself into starting Snead over J. Washington or DJ Chark do do do do. I didn't draft WRs very well and my attempts to turn my two top 5 TEs into a more serviceable WR is not being well-received by my notoriously stingy big money league.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

My team is swimming in mediocrity, and yet I can't figure out who to release so I can get a defense. (I made a late waiver bid and didn't know who to drop then so I just dropped my streaming defense.) Sooo ...

RB: Hynes (Mack handcuff), L. Murray (Kamara handcuff), Chase Edmonds
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, Gallup, Sutton, Valdes-Scantling, Diontae Johnson, Demarcus Robinson

Show your work.

(I spelled atleast three names wrong before checking myself.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I hate Valdes-Scantling since I've started him twice and got 3 catches or so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I'd be comfortable dropping V-S, Johnson or Robinson. Robinson had one huge game, then nothing. KC receivers are all capable of a huge game, but there are too many who could blow up any given week, and Watkins and Hill are both going to come back soon. Maybe. V-S and Johnson are a dime a dozen options. The RBs ain't much, but could be serviceable if your starter goes down. Basically, none of them are great options, so it doesn't matter who you drop.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I assume everyone is anxiously awaiting the resolution: Traded Mack, Moore, Gallup and Johnson for Smith-Schuster and Cooks. Is it positive value? Perhaps not. Do I now have a roster where I don't have to think about who to start? I do.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 am I assume everyone is anxiously awaiting the resolution: Traded Mack, Moore, Gallup and Johnson for Smith-Schuster and Cooks. Is it positive value? Perhaps not. Do I now have a roster where I don't have to think about who to start? I do.
I like it, even if JuJu has been shit without Ben.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I legitimately didn't want to think about WRs anymore and now I don't have to.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I stopped playing fantasy football a long time ago. So I'm just posting this because I find it hilarious.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I can't even listen to that. #teamcardinals
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

All power to Matthew Berry - he's made a good career out of making shit up and hyping half of all players each and every week.

Ever read one of his columns? His ability to spew paragraph after paragraph about inconsequential and unentertaining things from his life is really unsurpassed.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

You guys been bcc'd on some emails with my friends?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am All power to Matthew Berry - he's made a good career out of making shit up and hyping half of all players each and every week.

Ever read one of his columns? His ability to spew paragraph after paragraph about inconsequential and unentertaining things from his life is really unsurpassed.
I will find myself clicking on his Love/Hate from time to time, and jeez you couldn't be more on point. I strictly scroll to the names at this point.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am
Pruitt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am All power to Matthew Berry - he's made a good career out of making shit up and hyping half of all players each and every week.

I will find myself clicking on his Love/Hate from time to time, and jeez you couldn't be more on point. I strictly scroll to the names at this point.
Every couple of years I give him one more chance. Get angry in the first paragraph. Skim through the next 4 paragraphs seeing when he stops telling unfunny and uninteresting stories, then he "loves" some guy, because consensus has him at WR 24, and Berry has him at WR 19 for the week. I feel like he is trying to copy Fatty McButterpant's style, but is a worse writer and shockingly manages to be even less interesting than King.

When I'm torn between starting two players, sometimes I will look at Berry's rankings, and choose whichever player Berry prefers.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Y'all need to checkout The Fantasy Footballers. Awesome podcast (and their non-FFB podcast is hilarious as well) and interesting stats surrounding consistency, snap %s, target shares, etc.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Giff wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:16 pm Y'all need to checkout The Fantasy Footballers. Awesome podcast (and their non-FFB podcast is hilarious as well) and interesting stats surrounding consistency, snap %s, target shares, etc.
Did they advise you to pick up Sam Darnold 15 minutes after Mahomes got hurt?

(Yes, that will get mentioned in this week's picks column tomorrow.)
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:16 pm Y'all need to checkout The Fantasy Footballers. Awesome podcast (and their non-FFB podcast is hilarious as well) and interesting stats surrounding consistency, snap %s, target shares, etc.

He has an easy schedule coming up!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:34 pm

And he see's ghosts!
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:38 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:34 pm

And he see's ghosts!
That gets mentioned, too.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Lindsay at Indy or Ty Johnson hosting the Giants? I already have Stafford in my 2nd QB slot.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.