Dad Gifts

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Dad Gifts

Post by mister d »

What if the way it drives gives you a constant dull ache in your testicles?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:46 pm What if the way it drives gives you a constant dull ache in your testicles?
Worth it
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 pm
phxgators wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:17 pm
phxgators wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:33 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 am
How do you like it? What model do you have?
I have the Dual Motor, Long Range Model 3 and I love it. So much fun to drive and the Autopilot is pretty amazing. Back when live sports were a thing, we'd take it to the Rapids games, about 40 miles away. It would go from on ramp to exit ramp without intervention (other than acknowledging lane changes and keeping a hand on the wheel so it know's you're paying attention) most of the time, including multiple freeway changes. It's not quite human like, so sometimes I'd intervene cancelling a lane change or something, but that's about it.
I'm torn between the base model and the long range. It won't be big enough to fit all 5 of us for very long trips, so I'm not sure the extra range/AWD is worth the extra $9k.
If you don't think you'll take longer trips, it's probably not with the extra cost. Have you test driven one yet?
Nope. No test drive yet. To be honest, I'm not sure it matters how it drives. Going electric only, plus all of the other cool shit it does, has me thinking it's the one.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I was. I did test one out though, it exceeded my already high expectations.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:46 pm What if the way it drives gives you a constant dull ache in your testicles?
“Did it come with a dental dam?”
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

No worries. Listening to most Tesla owners, Teslas seem to come with regular full release.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:44 pm
No worries. Listening to most Tesla owners, Teslas seem to come with regular full release.
Ha! So true. I was going to say you don't need a test drive, because every Tesla owner will tell you it's the most amazing thing they've ever driven. Talking to one friend's wife who drives a Model S, I asked him how she likes it. He rolled his eyes, said "don't ever fucking ask her about it, you'll never hear the end of how great it is." They got divorced, not sure how much of a factor the Tesla was. Wife next door has a Model 3. I asked her about it, and her husband answered by rolling his eyes and saying in a derogatory way, "well, she loves the fucking thing." He drives an unmarked police SUV and a Chevelle from one of the few years that they actually looked like a cool muscle car.

Side note, I absolutely love that he usually leaves the police car parked in the street on my side of his driveway.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt