WRGPT 29

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: WRGPT 29

Post by brian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:31 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:28 pm Yeah, and MarinaMan has been going all in pre-flop on a lot of hands, obviously out of desperation. Calling with 88 was a perfectly reasonable. He may have thought that going all in would scare me off and he'd win an easy hand.

Still can't believe the board produced an A-high straight on its own, especially when I know I was holding QQ. Craziness.
Sometimes in the WRGPT I wonder if the program has some qwirks to make things interesting. Sort of like the Madden AI cheating back in the day.
Given all the knowns, there was a 1.77 percent chance of the board putting up that straight after that flop. Not exactly conspiracy territory.

ETA: Wait, my math was off a little. One second. (OK, fixed -- it's 1.77 percent. Not ridiculously unlikely.) (My mistake was instead of 8/43 * 4/42 I did 8/43 * 7/42 initially which is around 3 percent. I think 1.77 percent is right.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

(I'm used to doing video poker math where you're almost always calculating one-outers or combinations of one-outers (i.e. if you hold two to a royal flush your chances of drawing the royal are 3/47*2/46*1/45 or about .0006 percent.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

brian wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:39 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:31 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:28 pm Yeah, and MarinaMan has been going all in pre-flop on a lot of hands, obviously out of desperation. Calling with 88 was a perfectly reasonable. He may have thought that going all in would scare me off and he'd win an easy hand.

Still can't believe the board produced an A-high straight on its own, especially when I know I was holding QQ. Craziness.
Sometimes in the WRGPT I wonder if the program has some qwirks to make things interesting. Sort of like the Madden AI cheating back in the day.
Given all the knowns, there was a 1.77 percent chance of the board putting up that straight after that flop. Not exactly conspiracy territory.

ETA: Wait, my math was off a little. One second. (OK, fixed -- it's 1.77 percent. Not ridiculously unlikely.) (My mistake was instead of 8/43 * 4/42 I did 8/43 * 7/42 initially which is around 3 percent. I think 1.77 percent is right.)
Sure and that up by 7 kickoff return fumble with 2 mintues left in the 4th quarter is just random chance put in by those bastards at EA sports...
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Knocked out. I went all in with KT while the board gave me 3 tens. The river came with a Q turning my hand into an A-high straight. Unfortunately, the guy I was against had QT and that gave him a full house.

http://hands.wrgpt.org/d/hands/d9_330.txt

In my last three all-ins, I split the pot after the river turned the board into an A-high straight for everyone (already complained about that one here), I split a huge pot when we both ended up having AK hole cards, and this one.

I finished up in 97th place overall. My bro-in-law is currently 2nd overall.
Totally Kafkaesque