Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part IV - Welcome to Stupid Watergate

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part IV - Welcome to Stupid Watergate

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Well...the mf'er got away with it again. Just wonder what criminal behavior he's already plotting.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Why did Romney only vote Yes on 1 article?
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:24 pm Well...the mf'er got away with it again. Just wonder what criminal behavior he's already plotting.
We've known since the beginning of this process that the Senate would vote to acquit.

The coverage of all this is maddening.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 pm Why did Romney only vote Yes on 1 article?
The conduct involved in the Ukraine shakedown is way more serious and such a clear violation of a president's duties under the Constitution.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The "victory" speech is going well...

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:12 am
Johnnie wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 pm Why did Romney only vote Yes on 1 article?
The conduct involved in the Ukraine shakedown is way more serious and such a clear violation of a president's duties under the Constitution.
Squashing subpoenas and withholding documents isn't a clear violation of the Constitution? I think article 2 might even be more evident.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:24 pm Well...the mf'er got away with it again. Just wonder what criminal behavior he's already plotting.
We've known since the beginning of this process that the Senate would vote to acquit.
Oh, I knew there was no way Mitch and his other boot-licking toadies would do anything but cover for Trump. I'm actually amazed that Mitt stepped up and did the right thing. Who knew he had a spine?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:00 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:12 am
Squashing subpoenas and withholding documents isn't a clear violation of the Constitution? I think article 2 might even be more evident.
I don't think it is. The Constitution doesn't say anything about either of them. But it does say that the President shall take care that laws be "faithfully" executed, and that he is subject to removal for bribery, as well as high crimes and misdemeanors. The Ukraine shakedown was a misuse of Presidential power for personal benefit. A classic breach of fiduciary duty. Ignoring subpoenas is not the same thing - especially given our understanding that we have three co-equal branches of government.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

rass wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:12 pm The "victory" speech is going well...

“I think you set a record for blood loss,” he told the Republican congressman. “And actually I think you’re better-looking now. You’re more handsome now. You weren’t that good-looking.”