The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part IV - Welcome to Stupid Watergate

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The origin of the 'Kurds didn't help us at Normandy' thing...

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

From a FoxNews reporter...

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Red tillerson is going to end up coming out of this looking good by comparison.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

It’s really frustrating to see Trump and the right wingers making political hay out of the China/NBA situation. They point out that guys like Steve Kerr and Pop speak up regularly on social issues but aren’t speaking up now. Frustrating to see. This shouldn’t be a right wing/left wing issue, but that’s what they’re trying to make it.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

That was from 2016. Besides money, I saw speculation that the Turks have Intel on the Saudi journalist murder that Trump doesn't want released.
Edit. Number 6 was the one I meant to highlight
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And that series of Tweets is exhibit a billionth as to why Dems lose these battles. FUCKING EDIT YOUR SHIT!!!

Each one of those should be 50 words, and they should be dumbed WAY down and they should have been the ONE THING they put out that day, maybe even 3 or 4 days.

That's , fundamentally, what they don't seem to get.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:24 pm And that series of Tweets is exhibit a billionth as to why Dems lose these battles. FUCKING EDIT YOUR SHIT!!!

Each one of those should be 50 words, and they should be dumbed WAY down and they should have been the ONE THING they put out that day, maybe even 3 or 4 days.

That's , fundamentally, what they don't seem to get.
The 2016 debates in a nutshell. Hillary with an extremely detailed policy and a "go to Hillary.com for a 700 page dissertation on my tax proposal!" while Trump said "I am the only one who can fix things," and spoke in empty platitudes.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

She pretty much predicted this exact problem two years ago and the lesson of seeing this tweet now is that the Dems suck at messaging?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm
That was from 2016. Besides money, I saw speculation that the Turks have Intel on the Saudi journalist murder that Trump doesn't want released.
Number 5 should have been the biggest story of this Presidency. Making $500 million paid from the mafioso kleptocrat President of Azerbaijan to build a tower in the middle of nowhere, with no streets leading up to it, and the money was a laundering scheme from the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard (labeled a terrorist organization, and a branch of the Iranian military).

I'm sure I linked an amazing Dutch documentary about this. Here is a piece from the New Yorker. Seriously, this should have been the biggest news story ever. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 ... worst-deal
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:48 pm She pretty much predicted this exact problem two years ago and the lesson of seeing this tweet now is that the Dems suck at messaging?
Yes, because once again, all the facts and evidence in the world don't mean shit and snappy one-liners and empty platitudes fuel the brains of the masses. Mueller said his Report speaks for itself, yet 50% of America believes it exonerates Trump. Whatever inane shit Trump says is pure gospel.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:57 pm
EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:48 pm She pretty much predicted this exact problem two years ago and the lesson of seeing this tweet now is that the Dems suck at messaging?
Yes, because once again, all the facts and evidence in the world don't mean shit and snappy one-liners and empty platitudes fuel the brains of the masses. Mueller said his Report speaks for itself, yet 50% of America believes it exonerates Trump. Whatever inane shit Trump says is pure gospel.
I think that's a media issue more than how Dems phrase things. Warren, Bernie, and now AOC are excellent communicators and give succinct messages, but it doesn't matter because CNN and the New York Times are terrible.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, dude, pretty much. There's nothing terribly difficult about pointing out the ONE MILLION WAYS Trump and his family are dirty, in terms of just documenting the shit out of it. I could literally give you 2 DOZEN long form articles that go super deep on this

As we've been discussing for months (years), that shit doesn't fucking float. It's too complicated for the Taco King McDunkin fucking moronicracy to sift through. Long ass dissertations are scoffed at. It's not that hard to see, at this point.

EVERYONE that has half a brain predicted this shit.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:55 pm
EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Number 5 should have been the biggest story of this Presidency. Making $500 million paid from the mafioso kleptocrat President of Azerbaijan to build a tower in the middle of nowhere, with no streets leading up to it, and the money was a laundering scheme from the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard (labeled a terrorist organization, and a branch of the Iranian military).

I'm sure I linked an amazing Dutch documentary about this. Here is a piece from the New Yorker. Seriously, this should have been the biggest news story ever. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 ... worst-deal

you did
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 pm
I think that's a media issue more than how Dems phrase things. Warren, Bernie, and now AOC are excellent communicators and give succinct messages, but it doesn't matter because CNN and the New York Times are terrible.
You're a good dude on the right side of this shit. But you are VASTLY misreading what's going on in most of the country in terms of how they receive/process "news" at this point.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:18 pm
You're a good dude on the right side of this shit. But you are VASTLY misreading what's going on in most of the country in terms of how they receive/process "news" at this point.
I'm just not seeing how fixing how a candidate tweets will fix how a country will receive/process news.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:27 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:18 pm
I'm just not seeing how fixing how a candidate tweets will fix how a country will receive/process news.
'
We're talking past each other. My basic point is that to win PR battles, you dumb shit down. She was all about DC policy bullshit (that I literally lived in and helped promulgate for 20 years) that alienates millions of people for no good reason.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I mean, yeah, fuck CNN six ways to next week for all the free advertising they gave Trump, and all the horse shit members of his cabal when they just barf propaganda to mouths-agape commentators...However, while NYT is a bit guilty of bothsidesing things and they tend to prefer milquetoast centrists..When Joe Six Pack has zero fucks to give about any type of long form journalism (much less the capacity to finish reading the piece), just what are they supposed to be doing differently?
Noli Timere Messorem
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

You guys don't see what's wrong with rolling out 5-6-7 point complicated negative stories in one single tweet-strorm.

I'm telling you as a PR professional (and person observing reality) that it's a FUCKING STUPID means of putting all that stuff into the world.

Honestly, Trump should've been taken down 2 years ago, but the assholes in "resistance" suck balls, so here we are.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

I don’t think the problem is that Trump supporters don’t know he’s corrupt. I think it’s that they don’t care he’s corrupt. As long as they like his views on immigration or abortion or white nationalism, they don’t care if he’s taking dirty money from Central Asian oligarchs.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Joe K wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 pm I don’t think the problem is that Trump supporters don’t know he’s corrupt. I think it’s that they don’t care he’s corrupt. As long as they like his views on immigration or abortion or white nationalism, they don’t care if he’s taking dirty money from Central Asian oligarchs.
Yo, Joe!

What is this in reference to?

Fuck Trump Supporters, man.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I didn't mean to be dismissive of what you're saying; i'm just miserable about all of this. I also hate the idea of dumbing down even thought it works.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:43 pm I didn't mean to be dismissive of what you're saying; i'm just miserable about all of this. I also hate the idea of dumbing down even thought it works.
Again, because you are a good person.

One of the things that bothers me most about all of this is that we're all on the same side, but we get sideways too quickly.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

So let's go to a former Republican strategists about all of those concerned congressmen.

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm
Joe K wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 pm I don’t think the problem is that Trump supporters don’t know he’s corrupt. I think it’s that they don’t care he’s corrupt. As long as they like his views on immigration or abortion or white nationalism, they don’t care if he’s taking dirty money from Central Asian oligarchs.
Yo, Joe!

What is this in reference to?

Fuck Trump Supporters, man.
It was my reaction to the recent debate in this thread about whether the media and/or Democratic messaging is at fault for failing to effectively expose Trump’s corruption. Overall, I think the media (excluding Fox) does a decent job of being critical of him — certainly better than it was under Bush. And while some Democratic politicians suck at messaging I don’t think that more effective messaging would necessarily matter with the vast majority of Trump supporters.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Giuliani's clients busted
Two Soviet-born businessmen at the center of President Trump’s Ukraine scandal were arrested on Wednesday and charged with breaking campaign finance laws by donating foreign money and exceeding legal limits in an attempt to purchase political influence.

Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman have been taken into custody, Dawn Dearden, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York, told VICE News by phone on Thursday.

The charges relate to a series of donations that include $325,000 in May 2018 to a pro-Trump super PAC, America First Action, which was funneled through a an LLC called Global Energy Producers. The two men were charged with conspiracy, making false statements to the Federal Election Commission and falsification of records, according to a copy of the indictment obtained by VICE News.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

As much as the Trumpers can try to spin this, this...this ain't good:

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I don't want to overstate it, but this could help the dam break as far as public opinion. This shows that the Republican Party as an entity knew it was accepting foreign money and there are ties with these guys to other states like Nevada where they gave money to the GOP gubernatorial candidate in 2018 (he lost).
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Post is reporting that they also donated to an unnamed GOP congressman.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah. Maybe this is what sinks them.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Russia stuff in the Mueller Report I honestly give a lot of "regular" people somewhat of a pass for not getting how nefarious it was really was, but the truth was there was no "smoking gun" or anything that really could drill through the partisan noise machine from the GOP, but Russians funneling money to Trump and the GOP is gonna make a lot of sense to everyone. That said, I'm surprised the revelations of the NRA funneling money through Russia didn't really hit as hard as I thought they would. Gonna take a presidential candidate who can really keep driving home how twisted and un-American all of this really is.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Not to be a dick, but how often do we have to see objectively bad/illegal/unethical/inhumane acts go unpunished before we stop saying "gosh, this objectively bad/illegal/unethical/inhumane has to be the one"?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It's frustrating. What's really scary is that most of the federal law enforcement structure has been folded into protecting Trump, instead of investigating him like they should be. Imagine what could be dug up by the feds if they were really looking. Thank goodness for SDNY.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm just getting to reading up on some of this. Holy shit. The entire Republican party is a criminal fucking conspiracy. Follow the money, man. Wow.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am I'm just getting to reading up on some of this. Holy shit. The entire Republican party is a criminal fucking conspiracy. Follow the money, man. Wow.
The NRA laundered millions of dollars of Russian $ into GOP campaigns. This all happened under Moscow Mitch.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am I'm just getting to reading up on some of this. Holy shit. The entire Republican party is a criminal fucking conspiracy. Follow the money, man. Wow.
Yes. That's why I kept pushing collusion with JoeK from the summer of 2016 events. It's Trump and McConnell and a good chunk of leadership. Straight treason. Explains why so many Repubs have retired. Likely some gnawing of conscience at that crew. Not enough to speak up, but enough to not run again.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jesus. This is all making too much sense.

I read like 3 articles a while back about NRA money being tainted and I just could not figure out why the media wouldn't drill down on it.

Also, here's a cute photo!

And, btw, if Rudy Giuliani gets wrapped up in a RICO case, I may just lose feeling in my legs from the strength of the orgasm I'll have.

ETA:

Lol.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

My alma mater hosts a forum series each school year, usually made of news makers or authors. In case anyone is still worried about the ability of those caught up with and/or chewed up and spit out by Trump to survive in the aftermath of leaving his orbit, this year's offering will see former Senator Jeff Flake and General John Kelly come to campus. Based on the ticket prices, Kelly is making out better than Flake.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:38 am Also, here's a cute photo!
My favorite part of it is who they cut out of it.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Why does it look like Rudy is wearing a yarmulke?