Week 10 NFL

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Re: Week 10 NFL

Post by BSF21 »

Got burned on the under last night. Stupid Seahawks not catch one of the 2 ints on the last drive...
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Square Rob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 am Was 4.4pts down going into last night with only SF D against my opponent with only Russ. Hell of a game in those circumstances and was in doubt all the way up to the end. Needed a break because I haven’t gotten many lately.
There were way too many implications in my fantasy league last night. Most noteworthy is that Sabo and Sybian tied their fantasy game on the winning field goal, making me the first to clinch a postseason spot. Thanks, guys.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am
Square Rob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 am Was 4.4pts down going into last night with only SF D against my opponent with only Russ. Hell of a game in those circumstances and was in doubt all the way up to the end. Needed a break because I haven’t gotten many lately.
There were way too many implications in my fantasy league last night. Most noteworthy is that Sabo and Sybian tied their fantasy game on the winning field goal, making me the first to clinch a postseason spot. Thanks, guys.
A tie is like cleaning your sister's sybian.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:00 am A tie is like cleaning your sister's sybian.
Maybe in Kentucky. To me, doing that sounds like a loss.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:00 pm
A_B wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:00 am A tie is like cleaning your sister's sybian.
Maybe in Kentucky. To me, doing that sounds like a loss.
Yeah. Here it’s just something that happens a few times a year.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sources told ESPN that Kaepernick and his reps weren't alerted until 10 a.m. Tuesday. When notified, the quarterback's reps asked for the workout to be on a Tuesday, which typically is when all NFL workouts take place, since head coaches and general managers can more easily attend. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for their games the next day.

But the NFL said the workout had to be on a Saturday, sources told ESPN. When the league was asked if it could be on the following Saturday -- by making it this Saturday, the 32 teams only have about three days to make a decision on whether to attend and who to send -- the NFL said no and didn't provide a reason why.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Yep. List of teams who can send a coach/GM to the workout Saturday:

Pittsburgh and Cleveland (Thursday night game)
Green Bay, New York Giants, Seattle, Tennessee (bye)
Atlanta (maybe, since that's where the workout is and they play at Carolina)

Just like every other team with a game, all of their scouts/lower-ranking pro scouting personnel will be either at a college game (you can put Steelers and Browns GMs here while their coaches are "watching tape"), or traveling to an NFL game city.

Simply an effort by the league to kill his return once and for all.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A surprise visit by Gronk would be the greatest twist, right?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Dez?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Lamar Jackson
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Antonio Bryant?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Calvin Johnson has a home in Atlanta
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The list of teams sending representatives to the Kaepernick workout is coming out, apparently at each team's daily media session. Denver, NY Giants, Detroit, New England, Dallas, Atlanta among those teams saying they will have a representative of some sort.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm Both Tua and particularly Burrow are in the Mariota/Mayfield category where every WR is so wide open that it can be hard to really form an opinion on their NFL prospects. Both (also particularly Burrow) also have a habit of tossing up dangerous throws to WRs on the sideline and those WRs just go up and decide that they are all going to be receptions.
Burrow lighting up Alabama, auburn and Florida defenses though - that’s a set of Ds full of premium and likely MSJ day talent.
Maybe so but the guys are still running wide open much of the game.

I'm not saying all of these are easy or that he doesn't look good but there's no pressure and there's huge windows, regardless of how many of those defenders are gonna get drafted.

Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm Both Tua and particularly Burrow are in the Mariota/Mayfield category where every WR is so wide open that it can be hard to really form an opinion on their NFL prospects. Both (also particularly Burrow) also have a habit of tossing up dangerous throws to WRs on the sideline and those WRs just go up and decide that they are all going to be receptions.
That's fair, though you could also say the same thing about Patrick Mahomes.

Not really.

Yeah there are some easier throws but there's a ton of tighter window throws, too. And while he may be creating some of the pressure, he's showing that he can fit the ball into relatively small spaces in the face of it. Burrow and Tua are like watching Mariota and Mayfield in college - it's just so hard to tell sometimes.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I mean it's also true to say that of Kyler Murray, who looks like he's be a pretty good QB, and Gardner Minshew, who when I've watched him has truly been very, very impressive. It's almost like you're just looking for different things now. I thought Jameis Winston would be awesome in the NFL because he routinely made "NFL throws" in college (so did Dwayne Haskins and that's not looking so great even though it's early) - but NFL teams aren't making "NFL throws" anymore. They are running the college offenses that Mayfield and Murray, et. al. were running.

So I guess just draft the accurate-ish guy with the best arm who can run a little bit.