NFL Week 12 - Rudolph the Foul Mouthed Steeler?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 12 - Rudolph the Foul Mouthed Steeler?

Post by brian »

The Cowboys will hire Lincoln Riley. Book it.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 pm Holy shit!

Remember when the Rams were good?
The rams are diminished but I don’t think people fully grasp yet just how good the ravens are.

The only team built to have a chance against them at this point if Lamar remains healthy is the 49ers who possess another legit power run game and might have a defense fast enough with a good enough defensive line to slow the ravens down.

That theory gets tested next Sunday.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Got fantasy-outscored 57-2 (Jackson/Littleton vs. Gurley) to lose by 9. This is 2003 Tracy McGrady level of out of control.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Cousin Sal referenced this yesterday...

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I've defended Booger int he booth most of the season, but he was pretty bad last night. So repetitive. That's likely because he doesn't really have the reps yet, but it wasn't a great broadcast.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"America..."
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I’d feel a lot better about the Ravens’ chances to win it all this year if they had a (slightly) better WR corp. Either way, Jackson’s made me a fan of the game again.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am I’d feel a lot better about the Ravens’ chances to win it all this year if they had a (slightly) better WR corp. Either way, Jackson’s made me a fan of the game again.
They don’t need it. They have enough.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:35 am
EnochRoot wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am I’d feel a lot better about the Ravens’ chances to win it all this year if they had a (slightly) better WR corp. Either way, Jackson’s made me a fan of the game again.
So.many.weapons

So as a Swamper who has been here a while. Is the Swamp's level of dislike for the Ravens toned down now that Ray and them are all gone or does Harbaugh make up for it? Lamar is a very likable player and a lot of fun to watch, but I'm biased.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

bfj wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 am
tennbengal wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:35 am
So.many.weapons

So as a Swamper who has been here a while. Is the Swamp's level of dislike for the Ravens toned down now that Ray and them are all gone or does Harbaugh make up for it? Lamar is a very likable player and a lot of fun to watch, but I'm biased.
Stabby McStabberson's departure certainly helps from my perspective. I'd like Lamar a lot more if the Ravens weren't in the AFC North.

ETA: I was at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Sunday, and Ed Reed's bust is fucking amazing. I hate that I agree with Darren Rovell, though.

ETA2: Also, the HoF gift shop still had Myles Garrett jerseys for sale. Never change, NFL.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Now that Lewis is gone I have no beefs with the Ravens. Jackson is fun to watch and I really don't think Harbaugh is that annoying. Would rather see the Ravens win ten straight Super Bowls than the Patriots win one more.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Now that the murderer and the hypocrisy that surrounded him is gone I don’t have the same dislike.

Hard not to respect what they have built around Jackson and the work Jackson has put in.

Also, he make some of the Ravens fans I know super uncomfortable so that’s a bonus.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I do not like them with lamar, I do not like them in a car, I do not like them most by far.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Fuck the Ravens.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I'm just pumped I have Mahomes and Jackson in both of my pay leagues for the foreseeable future.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I think the other thing going on is the fact Joe Flacco was the most faceless, boring guy to front a team in some time. Jackson is loose, fun to be around. The team has taken on his personality. They're actually fun to watch. Not unlike KC in that regard.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Yeah, all Raven's dislike from the Ray Lewis days are gone. Not just Ray, but the arrogance of the D. They were the best, so I get it, but it made them fun to hate. No reason to dislike the Ravens, and they are exciting with Lamar, so I don't see any hatred out there anymore.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Look over here
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, in the AFC most New England fans hate the Ravens, the Texans and the Chiefs (aside from a couple of weeks earlier this year).
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Giff wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 am I'm just pumped I have Mahomes and Jackson in both of my pay leagues for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, it's gonna look bad when the commissioner of one of your leagues somehow moves his team to the other division this offseason.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:56 pm
Giff wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 am I'm just pumped I have Mahomes and Jackson in both of my pay leagues for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, it's gonna look bad when the commissioner of one of your leagues somehow moves his team to the other division this offseason.
I'm looking forward to the day when The Stick changes his avatar from that spinning wooden coin to Belichick.

I still can't decide if The Stick is a genius for having Brady for so long and then dropping him one year, only to get Jackson as his starting QB for the next 15 damn years.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

If the bengals are not able to talk Green into coming back and don’t franchise tag him, he’s gonna be devastating opposite Marquis Brown for the Ravens in that offense...
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

rass wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:08 am "America..."
I like that he told "America" to not block a stud pass rusher with a tight end. Yes, gonna go make that adjustment for my Tuesday evening.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:09 pm If the bengals are not able to talk Green into coming back and don’t franchise tag him, he’s gonna be devastating opposite Marquis Brown for the Ravens in that offense...
This is a reminder how shitty the NFL is for its players. The last team AJ Green would want to play for is Cincinnati, but because of the franchise tag, he's going to be functionally stuck playing for them next year instead of having his choice of teams he would want to play for. Either that, or he's going to have to LeVeon it.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

He kinda likes it there - he may re-sign. And if he doesn’t, Mike brown may be the one nfl owner who might let him walk rather than franchising a Green. Brown isn’t the most logical and normal of persons...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:39 am I do not like them with lamar, I do not like them in a car, I do not like them most by far.
I did not like that Art Modell. His former team can go to hell.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 pm
A_B wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:39 am I do not like them with lamar, I do not like them in a car, I do not like them most by far.
I did not like that Art Modell. His former team can go to hell.
I did not like Bob Irsay. I’m glad that he has gone away. His son takes 38 Vicodin per day.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I root for the Ravens now if they are not playing my preferred team. They went all-in with Jackson when other teams would not have done so, and are reaping their deserved rewards. The only thing I have against the franchise now is the memory of management behaving badly in the Ray Rice affair.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Other teams are dumb.

The main reason the Ravens system works so well is that Lamar Jackson is in it, not the other way around.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:08 pm
I'm looking forward to the day when The Stick changes his avatar from that spinning wooden coin to Belichick.

I still can't decide if The Stick is a genius for having Brady for so long and then dropping him one year, only to get Jackson as his starting QB for the next 15 damn years.
Hey, everyone should have the glory of having a free pitcher token for the excellent college bar Hungry Charley's... which has now had its second location closed.

You're really gonna love that I traded him Brady several years ago. One dipshit owner who is no longer in the league dropped him when he blew out his knee, so I picked him up and sat him all season. Several years later, sent him on to the Stick in a rebuilding effort.

Also, Stick is having an internal debate about dogging it against you this week to try to help you get into the playoffs so he might not have to play Giff.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Take me with you. I am 3-0 against the other division, 1-7-1 in our division. I fucked my season the week I dropped Kyler Murray in order to pick up Benny Fucking Snell and Jalen Samuels the week Connors was out, and Snell and Samuels were both questionable. Only got Snell, who was hurt anyways. Murray had SF twice and a bye coming up, and man Goff has not been getting it done for me. Lost the first 2 games after dumping Murray where Murray would have been the difference giving me the win. Fuck this league.

Meanwhile I clinched a 6th consecutive division title in my law school league. Dominated the regular season once again. This is year 21 of the league, and I have yet to win a title despite having the best regular season team more than 10 times. Fuck this league too.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I’m of the opinion that keeper leagues should shuffle divisions every year. Kermit tea.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:58 pm Other teams are dumb.

The main reason the Ravens system works so well is that Lamar Jackson is in it, not the other way around.
Strongly agree. It shouldn’t come as a shock that an absurdly productive Heisman-winning QB is capable of playing at a high level in the pros. Even if he isn’t a tall white guy.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Joe K wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:23 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:58 pm Other teams are dumb.

Strongly agree. It shouldn’t come as a shock that an absurdly productive Heisman-winning QB is capable of playing at a high level in the pros. Even if he isn’t a tall white guy.
Which is the discomfort in Bmore that Bengal is referring to.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:10 pmAlso, Stick is having an internal debate about dogging it against you this week to try to help you get into the playoffs so he might not have to play Giff.
I welcome the collusion, even though I'd probably face him in the playoffs and lose by 60+ points.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Sabo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:32 am
DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:10 pmAlso, Stick is having an internal debate about dogging it against you this week to try to help you get into the playoffs so he might not have to play Giff.
I welcome the collusion, even though I'd probably face him in the playoffs and lose by 60+ points.
Good thing I haven't paid yet!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Giff wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 am
Sabo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:32 am
Good thing I haven't paid yet!
I've seen your lineup this week and I don't think you're going to have any issues winning. Half my team may be going to Cabo for the weekend to rest, anyway.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

bfj wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:49 pm Image
Nice to know that the Steelers are royally fucked at QB! Rudolph is Brady Quinn-level bad.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Somebody named David Blough is starting for the Lions. I’ve literally never fucking heard of the guy until today. Meanwhile, Colin Kaepernick is unemployed.