SportsFrog History

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: SportsFrog History

Post by bfj »

I guess I hadn’t joined yet, but that’s a fun look back.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:03 pm
Shirley wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Johnnie wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:59 pm I was sharing links from Free Republic and getting indignant about it.

Jesus Christ.
Heh. I was going to point that out, but decided not to.

What were you, 23 at the time?
Yeah, me too. Decided it wasn't cool.
Billy Waterski started out pretty hard-core conservative, and the last I saw of him he was trumpeting a photo of himself with Obama.
I follow Billy Waterski of the twitter (he is a product manager at Github/MSFT). He tweats about 2 things...responses to complaints about Github and Pro Trump. I have not seen a post about waterskis, tennis, short basketball player jerseys, or his startup that got him son Obama love.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I was following him and his girlfriend-then-wife for a while. I don’t think she’s on twitter anymore. I can’t remember Billy’s handle to search.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

He's @billygriffin22
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

phxgators wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:19 pm He's @billygriffin22
Thx.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 pm
I follow Billy Waterski of the twitter (he is a product manager at Github/MSFT). He tweats about 2 things...responses to complaints about Github and Pro Trump. I have not seen a post about waterskis, tennis, short basketball player jerseys, or his startup that got him son Obama love.
Are you saying he Tweets Pro-Trump stuff, or responds to people posting pro-Trump stuff?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:16 am
Are you saying he Tweets Pro-Trump stuff, or responds to people posting pro-Trump stuff?
Recently he's been tweeting support for BLM and against police violence against minorities. So I think it's the latter.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:19 am
Recently he's been tweeting support for BLM and against police violence against minorities. So I think it's the latter.
That's a relief. I don't care if someone posts Conservative beliefs or legit political beliefs I disagree with, but I can't respect anyone who publicly supports Trump.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

He's not pro-Trump. (You could just go on Twitter and search his name and twitter feed).
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:22 am
He's not pro-Trump. (You could just go on Twitter and search his name and twitter feed).
I scrolled through, and it was all about GitHub. When I saw a post saying "it's been months since I posted anything not about work" I gave up and just asked.
-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I vividly recall seeing some pro-trump likes and such. However, a read of his feed makes it pretty clear that if that recollection is correct he is also pretty balanced in his criticism. And his profile picture on his feed is he and the former president...
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 am I vividly recall seeing some pro-trump likes and such. However, a read of his feed makes it pretty clear that if that recollection is correct he is also pretty balanced in his criticism. And his profile picture on his feed is he and the former president...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were some positive Trump comments. At least in a pro-business context.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 am I vividly recall seeing some pro-trump likes and such. However, a read of his feed makes it pretty clear that if that recollection is correct he is also pretty balanced in his criticism.
Like, proportionally balanced, or wrong balanced?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Ryan wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:47 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 am I vividly recall seeing some pro-trump likes and such. However, a read of his feed makes it pretty clear that if that recollection is correct he is also pretty balanced in his criticism.
Like, proportionally balanced, or wrong balanced?
I feel economically pro/he it he president and we have to support or ledership/country and what I have just seen, socially anti, criticism or his decisions.

but yeah his twitter is really just all about code repository feedback.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:48 pm I wonder if Hawaiian Shirt Friday!!! has become radicalized as they've seen their namesake garment co-opted by white supremacists...
Let’s take back Hawaiian shirts

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

goddamn this is bringing me back.

i know i joined at latest sometime early in 2004; had my first Scottie battle regarding the Bertuzzi incident (that thread was something special) which was i believe in March of that year.

Shirley wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:15 pm The Festitivus thread got me wondering when the SportsFrog got started. It looks like the first post was January 3, 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20030210062 ... 30101.html

Coming up on 17 years!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Max, that might've been the first time I got into it with Scottie, too! Though, I do seem to recall him changing his position on hockey violence sometime later.
MaxWebster wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:46 am goddamn this is bringing me back.

i know i joined at latest sometime early in 2004; had my first Scottie battle regarding the Bertuzzi incident (that thread was something special) which was i believe in March of that year.

Shirley wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:15 pm The Festitivus thread got me wondering when the SportsFrog got started. It looks like the first post was January 3, 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20030210062 ... 30101.html

Coming up on 17 years!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

HA i'm sure he battled pretty much everyone in that one; the thread got ugly but i think he and I treaded a fine line of disagreement within it :P
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I seem to remember that. I had no dog in the "hockey is a culture until itself" line of thinking and stayed out.

But attacking a dude from behind is fucked up no matter how you slice it.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

yeah, who'd have thought that would be a controversial take :D
Johnnie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:16 pm But attacking a dude from behind is fucked up no matter how you slice it.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

MaxWebster wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:41 am yeah, who'd have thought that would be a controversial take :D
Johnnie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:16 pm But attacking a dude from behind is fucked up no matter how you slice it.
Should have seen the reaction when someone didn’t like Korean art work. Woof.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Ahem, Korean "twig" art.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm not remembering this one. Korean twig art? Wut.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

P.D.X. wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:17 pm Ahem, Korean "twig" art.
I believe the offending post was “go jerk off some more over a picture of a stick“. Or something like that.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

bfj wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:29 pm
I believe the offending post was “go jerk off some more over a picture of a stick“. Or something like that.
That thread is still here if someone wants to find it...
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

rass wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:52 pm
bfj wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:29 pm
That thread is still here if someone wants to find it...
Boston Marathon Bombing?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

And the mouse that roared