Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 15158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by A_B » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm

So say your governor asked anyone who has been to New York In the past 14 days to stay home for 14 days from when you were there. Then say someone was in say, Bayonne New Jersey and spent more than a short period of time in a convenience store. You think that person should tell his(or her!) boss he (or she!) will need to work from home?
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 19562
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: 15 Yemen Road, Yemen City, Yemen

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by brian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Not unless New Jersey is part of New York?

But if you’re trying to get some home time could probably it’s close enough.
Image

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 15158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by A_B » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 pm

brian wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:49 pm
Not unless New Jersey is part of New York?

But if you’re trying to get some home time could probably it’s close enough.
Well it was literally the first exit across the line I think. I don’t particularly want home time because I’m terrible at working from home.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 19562
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: 15 Yemen Road, Yemen City, Yemen

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by brian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:12 pm

A_B wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 pm
brian wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:49 pm
Not unless New Jersey is part of New York?

But if you’re trying to get some home time could probably it’s close enough.
Well it was literally the first exit across the line I think. I don’t particularly want home time because I’m terrible at working from home.
I don't think you even need anything quite so elaborate these days. A "scratchy throat" ought to suffice.
Image

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DaveInSeattle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:38 pm


User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 11376
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by The Sybian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 pm

A_B wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm
So say your governor asked anyone who has been to New York In the past 14 days to stay home for 14 days from when you were there. Then say someone was in say, Bayonne New Jersey and spent more than a short period of time in a convenience store. You think that person should tell his(or her!) boss he (or she!) will need to work from home?
I can hear the train whistle from my house. I sit here all day, every whistle makes me shutter as I know a trainload of people are coming to my town from NYC. Fuck, they need to close all the bridges, tunnels and trains. Keep those virus-ridden big city slickers out of my suburban utopia!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 18162
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by mister d » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:15 pm

I think I read ridership is down 88% on M&E. Which means there are a few open seats now hahahahahahaha!!!
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DaveInSeattle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Here comes the surge...

13 Deaths in a Day: An ‘Apocalyptic’ Coronavirus Surge at an N.Y.C. Hospital
In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

Elmhurst, a 545-bed public hospital in Queens, has begun transferring patients not suffering from coronavirus to other facilities as it moves toward becoming one dedicated entirely to the outbreak. Doctors and nurses have struggled to make do with a few dozen ventilators. Calls over a loudspeaker of “Team 700,” the code for when a patient is on the verge of death, come several times a shift. Some have died inside the emergency room while waiting for a bed.

A refrigerated truck has been stationed outside to hold the bodies of the dead. Over the past 24 hours, New York City’s public hospital system said in a statement, 13 people at Elmhurst had died.

“It’s apocalyptic,” said Dr. Bray, 27, a general medicine resident at the hospital.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11000
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by sancarlos » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:36 pm
Completely incapable of not being an ass.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DaveInSeattle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:46 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:43 pm
Johnnie wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:36 pm
Completely incapable of not being an ass.
Complete sociopath. Incapable of showing any empathy for anyone else.

Has he expressed any sympathy to any of the victims of the virus so far?

User avatar
Square Rob
Brandt
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Square Rob » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:59 am

mister d wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:50 pm
EYYY LOOK AT DA FUCKIN' COMEDIANS SPELLING OUT WHERE THE JOKE-AH HAS A FLAW EYYY!!!
Ends in an A so this joke shops on odd numbered days.

User avatar
Square Rob
Brandt
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Square Rob » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:03 am

A_B wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm
So say your governor asked anyone who has been to New York In the past 14 days to stay home for 14 days from when you were there. Then say someone was in say, Bayonne New Jersey and spent more than a short period of time in a convenience store. You think that person should tell his(or her!) boss he (or she!) will need to work from home?
‘More than a short period of time’ is one way to put it. I told you to quit sucking dick in random gas station bathrooms Aaron.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 10836
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Johnnie » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

This sounds like a terroristic threat:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

Bill text
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document ... -CARES-ACT

Seems like I get a potential 10,000 loan that can have repayment waived to the extent of payroll, rent and utilities. Don't think I will bother with a full sba loan. Question is are ees better off getting the unemployment bonus or staying employed?

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:32 am

Johnnie wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am
This sounds like a terroristic threat:

This is absolutely reasonable. In fact I expect that government to help us with this. Yet somehow folks are bitching and pointing fingers at ideas.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 18162
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by mister d » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 am

Oh yes, entirely reasonable. Lets propose we start in reverse wealth order and see if that's accepted.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:52 am

Voluntary.

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 13020
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by rass » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:57 am

Let's hear out the unlicensed dermatologist and the message board buddy.

(tweet above leaves out that the original article refers to it as the "Wuhan Virus")
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

Joe K
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4462
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Joe K » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 am

HaulCitgo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
Question is are ees better off getting the unemployment bonus or staying employed?
I would think that even for the small percentage who get more from the expanded unemployment benefits than they were making at work, the value of that delta is greatly outweighed by the cost, stress and uncertainty of having to find a new job in the not very distant future.

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am

Yeah. Think so to but definitely calculations that are going through their heads and mine. Not highly compensated folks.

Eta:. You have to factor in the benefit of not working (eg no child care payment) and possible under the table income or income from a new cash business/side hustle one might startup. I would have passed it too but those handful of folks weren't wrong about skewed incentives.
Last edited by HaulCitgo on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:13 am

Also just a matter of time before someone industrious gets ventilators and docs shipped to Vail (with bailout funding) so the rich can hoard supplies and get the virus in luxurious environments with the best possible outcomes on their own timeline. But hey, attack the republican.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DaveInSeattle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am

Johnnie wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am
This sounds like a terroristic threat:

Twitter Blocks Article Promoting ‘Chickenpox Parties’ to Stop the Coronavirus

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 15522
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am

No 10 accused of putting 'Brexit over breathing' in Covid-19 ventilator row
The UK has instead chosen to source ventilators from British manufacturers who have never made the products before, ordering 10,000 machines from the household appliance firm Dyson.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 10836
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Johnnie » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 am

Inevitable. With an all time cringe line to boot.

Air Force basic trainee tests positive for COVID-19
“This virus is obviously highly contagious, but, so is strong, calm leadership."
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 15522
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:36 am



"No cure for dumbfuckery."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 19562
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: 15 Yemen Road, Yemen City, Yemen

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by brian » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:07 am

Holy shit.

Image

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11000
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by sancarlos » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm

HaulCitgo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:32 am
Johnnie wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am
This sounds like a terroristic threat:

This is absolutely reasonable. In fact I expect that government to help us with this. Yet somehow folks are bitching and pointing fingers at ideas.
There’s no science that says you can only get infected ONCE.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Johnny Carwash
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4519
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am
Location: Land of 10,000 Sununus

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Johnny Carwash » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Stay at home in effect for NH now effective Friday night.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4126
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by BSF21 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:37 pm

I'll be honest, I've made a few trips out this week, once to the store to pick up groceries, and I've played disc golf 3 times.

There's a huge debate in the community because the PDGA has shut down and emailed it's members encouraging them to stay home. I believe it's mostly optics but I have to say I have mixed feelings. There's not a lot of data on how long this thing sticks around on surfaces in open air, and some believe it could hang around on baskets or plastics for a few days at most. I've been playing and trying to minimize my contact with the baskets, taking more gimmies, only handling my own equipment, and using hand sanitizer a few times per round. No high fives, no contact with other players. Am I the asshole here? I've got so much anxiety about this thing it's keeping me up nights and I'm a healthy 33 yo. I've had no contact with anyone other than my wife and my one buddy I play disc golf (and today a friend of his) with (save 2 trips to the grocery) in 11 days. But then I scroll Twitter in the evenings and see 38 year old doctor dies, so and so dies, someone died in NYC every 6 minutes from this thing yesterday.

I know this is serious. I know the pressure to stay put. But surely this is about the most minimal risk I can take for my sanity possible, right? Or am I justifying my behavior in a selfish manner? I'm almost more concerned for my psyche sitting at home for another month not doing anything, but again I know you could look at that as selfish ass behavior. How do you balance managing this and living in complete fear and isolation?

Sorry for the wall, just needed to vent.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 18162
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by mister d » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm

I had to hit the grocery store today, which is the first time I've been in public for 7-8 days. My wife hasn't been anywhere in two full weeks. If anyone in this area is socializing, its "a thing", but we're also pretty much inside the radius of east coast ground zero so we're further along right now than I assume you are. A week or two weeks from now you'll probably think of present day you as dumb, but I imagine unless your area is spared, this sort of thing is bound to have a weird before/after factor. Like in a non-dramatic way, this is life changing from a standpoint of having never been in a mass quarantine situation with schools closed, groceries stores half empty, all that. My personal switch didn't flip until probably last Monday; before that it was life as semi-normal.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
Shirley
The Dude
Posts: 5344
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Shirley » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 pm

I don't think there's any problem with going for walks and what not. But disc golf involves everyone touching a common object on every hole, right? That seems like a bad idea. At best, it's bad optics. Unless they leave a can of Lysol or something by every basket for a spray down before or after every player.
Totally Kafkaesque

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:53 pm

We're gonna need some guidance as to what is and is not ok outside. Any minimal breeze has to dissapate the virus I would think. I didn't appreciate the heavy breathing runner that wouldnt step into the street while the fam was walking around the neighborhood.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 15158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by A_B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Shirley wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 pm
I don't think there's any problem with going for walks and what not. But disc golf involves everyone touching a common object on every hole, right? That seems like a bad idea. At best, it's bad optics. Unless they leave a can of Lysol or something by every basket for a spray down before or after every player.
Golf courses are raising the cups out of the hole. If it hits it, it counts.

(Thanks, sabo!)
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4577
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by DSafetyGuy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:59 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:37 pm
I'll be honest, I've made a few trips out this week, once to the store to pick up groceries, and I've played disc golf 3 times.

There's a huge debate in the community because the PDGA has shut down and emailed it's members encouraging them to stay home. I believe it's mostly optics but I have to say I have mixed feelings. There's not a lot of data on how long this thing sticks around on surfaces in open air, and some believe it could hang around on baskets or plastics for a few days at most. I've been playing and trying to minimize my contact with the baskets, taking more gimmies, only handling my own equipment, and using hand sanitizer a few times per round. No high fives, no contact with other players. Am I the asshole here? I've got so much anxiety about this thing it's keeping me up nights and I'm a healthy 33 yo. I've had no contact with anyone other than my wife and my one buddy I play disc golf (and today a friend of his) with (save 2 trips to the grocery) in 11 days. But then I scroll Twitter in the evenings and see 38 year old doctor dies, so and so dies, someone died in NYC every 6 minutes from this thing yesterday.

I know this is serious. I know the pressure to stay put. But surely this is about the most minimal risk I can take for my sanity possible, right? Or am I justifying my behavior in a selfish manner? I'm almost more concerned for my psyche sitting at home for another month not doing anything, but again I know you could look at that as selfish ass behavior. How do you balance managing this and living in complete fear and isolation?

Sorry for the wall, just needed to vent.
I would find it acceptable if you played solo/with your wife and never touched a basket unless the disc landed in it when you didn't have a legitimate expectation of it. You've now been in contact with everyone your friend has been in contact with and all the people that person has been in contact with, etc. But, you have to decide what your acceptable level of risk is, for you, for the people you are around, and for society at large.

I understand the need for normal stuff in life. My wife went to the grocery store today and the only "essential" thing she bought, if she bought it at all, was milk. Almost everything else she came home with was expressly to create some choice for our kids when it comes to eating so they are not in the same rut (Lunchables, a box of Crunch Berries, some fruit snacks, and other stuff we don't perpetually have on hand). They're not essential and neither is our upcoming pizza order, whenever we place it, but they do help with the mental aspect of things, which is a big part of this that we're all trying to figure out while it takes a seat way back in the back.

I was on a walk today and a jogger was coming up behind me on the same side of the road. Before she could get close, I moved over to the other side of the street, then waited until she was well past me before moving back to the proper side of the street. I don't know if she would have given a wide berth when she passed me, but I wasn't going to wait to find out, either (it's a service road that mostly feeds the high school, there was one car total on it today in a nearly one-mile stretch, so walking on the wrong side was not a factor). But, you have to decide what you are comfortable with.

There's no black and white right answer, I don't think, because even though we're all in this, everyone's situation is different.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4126
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by BSF21 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Shirley wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 pm
I don't think there's any problem with going for walks and what not. But disc golf involves everyone touching a common object on every hole, right? That seems like a bad idea. At best, it's bad optics. Unless they leave a can of Lysol or something by every basket for a spray down before or after every player.
I think a lot of this boils down to my lack of knowledge about how any of this works. If there is one virus (molecule? cell? node?) on something, and you touch that thing, what makes the virus transfer instead of staying? Is it a toss up? Do I have to inhale it? Rub it in my eye? Eat it? How much virus before I'm sick? How little virus is safe? How much more or less dangerous does a 5mph wind or a sunny day make the virus? I have a basic understanding of bacterial infection, but I don't understand anything about this.

My disc today came to rest in the bottom of probably steel baskets, with maybe a maximum of six points of contact. I also hit some chains a few times before it dropped in. I just don't know and it's driving me nuts. I'm going to have a very difficult time sitting inside with a straitjacket on and taking a walk once a day.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 15158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by A_B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 pm
Shirley wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 pm
I don't think there's any problem with going for walks and what not. But disc golf involves everyone touching a common object on every hole, right? That seems like a bad idea. At best, it's bad optics. Unless they leave a can of Lysol or something by every basket for a spray down before or after every player.
I think a lot of this boils down to my lack of knowledge about how any of this works. If there is one virus (molecule? cell? node?) on something, and you touch that thing, what makes the virus transfer instead of staying? Is it a toss up? Do I have to inhale it? Rub it in my eye? Eat it? How much virus before I'm sick? How little virus is safe? How much more or less dangerous does a 5mph wind or a sunny day make the virus? I have a basic understanding of bacterial infection, but I don't understand anything about this.

My disc today came to rest in the bottom of probably steel baskets, with maybe a maximum of six points of contact. I also hit some chains a few times before it dropped in. I just don't know and it's driving me nuts. I'm going to have a very difficult time sitting inside with a straitjacket on and taking a walk once a day.
From what I have seen, you have to inhale it or introduce it to a body opening, yes. That's why clean hands matter. If you touched something bad and touched your eyes/mouth/nose then yes you can introduce. Clean the hands often and this is reduced. And the 6 feet is apparently the accepted distance that airborne particles become safe.

I think if you sanitize if you have to get it out of the basket you're likely fine.*

* - I am not a doctor.
Last edited by A_B on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

User avatar
EdRomero
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by EdRomero » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 pm

HaulCitgo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:53 pm
We're gonna need some guidance as to what is and is not ok outside. Any minimal breeze has to dissapate the virus I would think. I didn't appreciate the heavy breathing runner that wouldnt step into the street while the fam was walking around the neighborhood.
Sorry about that. Running is the only thing keeping me sane and I assume it's good for the immune system, but there are so many awkward/concerning interactions.

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 5911
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Giff » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Out on my walk today and completely didn't notice the white woman coming my way and neither one of us made any effort to be any further away than the normal sidewalk. Then of course the next person behind her is a minority I made eye contact with immediately after, so of course I didn't move off the sidewalk then.
Muh.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 5474
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by Nonlinear FC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Walking around the 'hood every day, just to keep sane and get some exercise.

99 percent of everyone is moving up onto the yard or into the street when passing. I mentioned elsewhere, on nice days, the streets are pretty busy. But almost everyone is respecting the 6 foot distance thing.

My wife might go to a literal tailgate party this evening, where her friends are going to a parking lot, back their cars into a circle and just check-in and sip some wine from a distance. This is killing a lot of them who go for walks and have some wine 3-4 times a week. My wife isn't really that bothered by it, because she actually enjoys spending time with me. (not really joking - this is gonna be a really tough thing for some of these couples to get through.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 15158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by A_B » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm
Walking around the 'hood every day, just to keep sane and get some exercise.

99 percent of everyone is moving up onto the yard or into the street when passing. I mentioned elsewhere, on nice days, the streets are pretty busy. But almost everyone is respecting the 6 foot distance thing.

My wife might go to a literal tailgate party this evening, where her friends are going to a parking lot, back their cars into a circle and just check-in and sip some wine from a distance. This is killing a lot of them who go for walks and have some wine 3-4 times a week. My wife isn't really that bothered by it, because she actually enjoys spending time with me. (not really joking - this is gonna be a really tough thing for some of these couples to get through.)
My wife and I spend 95% of our non-work life together I'd estimate. Most of our social engagements are with other couples. She does a Girls Night out thing with a few friends fairly regularly, and my time is probably golf/movies with a kid. But yes, I do know some people that aren't doing as well with the togetherness.
Duke's working the knob! Flush it all

Post Reply