Re: Not so funny real life Capt Trips thread

Post by rass »

Shit DSG
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Added bonus was I hung up on my sister during the call where she was informing me. She is incapable of being short and to the point about anything and listening to her tell me nonessential things was infuriating.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:22 pm Added bonus was I hung up on my sister during the call where she was informing me. She is incapable of being short and to the point about anything and listening to her tell me nonessential things was infuriating.
Hey, sounds like my sister!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Sorry to hear it, and hope for the best for her.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

govmentchedda wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:25 pm Sorry to hear it, and hope for the best for her.
Same here. And best wishes to your mom as well.
Totally Kafkaesque
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

That sucks dsg, best wishes.

My boss was admitted to hospital yesterday with extremely low oxygen. He’d been tested last week but it came back negative. Hasn’t been in the office for over a week as when he first got sick he stayed home. Still concerning. He did come in last Friday, though he mostly stayed in his office.

Hey guys, you don’t have to be heroes. If you are sick work from home.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

My neighbor and his wife have it. He was taken to the hospital with Pneumonia yesterday afternoon. They both work in healthcare.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:27 am My neighbor and his wife have it. He was taken to the hospital with Pneumonia yesterday afternoon. They both work in healthcare.
Oh dear.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Speaking of, has anyone else gotten an oximeter "just in case"?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 am Speaking of, has anyone else gotten an oximeter "just in case"?
I bought a pulse oximeter when I was actively sick with Covid in July. While my oxygen levels never got below 97, I was surprised at how much my pulse dropped. Turns out one side effect of Covid is a lower pulse. At times, my pulse was around 50 when normally it's about 70.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Best wishes to your mother DSafetyGuy.

My own brother’s response to news of that magnitude would be to start talking about something else, stream-of-consciousness-style to avoid his feelings.
Sabo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:07 am
mister d wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 am Speaking of, has anyone else gotten an oximeter "just in case"?
I bought a pulse oximeter when I was actively sick with Covid in July. While my oxygen levels never got below 97, I was surprised at how much my pulse dropped. Turns out one side effect of Covid is a lower pulse. At times, my pulse was around 50 when normally it's about 70.
We’re about to empty our FSA balance for the year and just mentioned the other day it’d be wise to add one of these to the medicine shelf in our linen closet (we live in a row house, don’t ask).
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I had a dental issue on Monday, and I was very impressed with the procedures at the dentist's office. Had to wait in the car until they texted that they were ready for me. At the door, they took my temperature and had me immediately go wash my hands. Sat me down and checked my oxygen level (96!) and gave me a strong rinse to swish for 60 seconds. Tasted like what I imagine bleach tastes like. Dentist and assistant had both n-95 masks plus the welder's masks. Had me wash hands again before I left.

Also, since the daughter just got home, we talked our doctor into having her, my wife and I all take Covid tests (even though none of us have any symptoms.) They have a drive-thru setup at their clinic that was very efficient. Results Friday. They want my daughter to take another one in two weeks, since she just got off the plane.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Bought one back in March. It has been great to check whenever panic over feeling short of breath kicks in.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:04 pm
Bought one back in March. It has been great to check whenever panic over feeling short of breath kicks in.
Just leave it connected?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A pulsox? Mine is finger one - runs on batteries - just turn it on and stick index finger in and quick reading and it turns off. It’s like this:

https://iproven.com/products/oximeter-o ... gI01_D_BwE
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:02 pm A pulsox? Mine is finger one - runs on batteries - just turn it on and stick index finger in and quick reading and it turns off. It’s like this:

https://iproven.com/products/oximeter-o ... gI01_D_BwE
Oh, bengal.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Sorry to hear about your mother DSG.

Hope you get some good news over Thanksgiving.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Now THAT's leadership!

Denver’s mayor urged residents to avoid Thanksgiving travel. Then he flew cross-country to see family.
On Wednesday morning, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock urged residents to stay home and meet family online for Thanksgiving to help curtail the spread of the coronavirus.

“Pass the potatoes, not covid. Host virtual gatherings instead of in-person dinners,” the Democrat tweeted. “Avoid travel, if you can.”

Then, less than an hour later, Hancock boarded a flight on his way to Mississippi for Thanksgiving with his wife and daughter, his spokesman Mike Strott confirmed to The Washington Post.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

These dumbass mother fuckers.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Anttibody test came back this am. Got antibodies. Fwiw the moderna shot side effects were relatively minimal but I knew I got it. Chills and arm pain mostly. Other than worrying about family my pandemic is ovah!
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:21 am Now THAT's leadership!

Denver’s mayor urged residents to avoid Thanksgiving travel. Then he flew cross-country to see family.
On Wednesday morning, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock urged residents to stay home and meet family online for Thanksgiving to help curtail the spread of the coronavirus.

“Pass the potatoes, not covid. Host virtual gatherings instead of in-person dinners,” the Democrat tweeted. “Avoid travel, if you can.”

Then, less than an hour later, Hancock boarded a flight on his way to Mississippi for Thanksgiving with his wife and daughter, his spokesman Mike Strott confirmed to The Washington Post.
Been a fun week out here for this stuff. In addition to the Denver mayor, the mayor of my city had this gem. Needless to say he's received quite the roasting from the locals. To his credit he kept engaging on social media.
With hospitals preparing for the potential to reach capacity due to COVID-19, Longmont's mayor wants to limit who can receive help in his city's two hospitals.

Mayor Brian Bagley is seeking to put an issue on the city council's agenda that would restrict hospitals from caring for patients that live in counties where leaders are not enforcing the state's restrictions.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm My mother got a positive test result for her 70th birthday today.
Spoke to her this morning. It seems to be a very mild case, at least at this juncture.

So, that seems good. For now.

(Just been a long 16 months of ups and downs for her, so cautious optimism is all I allow myself.)
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Sorry to hear that. Happy Thanksgiving y'all.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Hope she's on the mend DSG.

About the Denver mayor, there's a bunch of nonsense here in Washington that Gov Jay Inslee, after issuing public pleas for people to stay home this Thanksgiving, is on vacation in Hawaii. Needless to say, like most stories that come from Facebook, its not true.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

And, of course there's Gavin Newsom. You guys probably already heard about our governor of California, who has been urging people to stay home. Who got caught attending a crowded festive dinner with lobbyists at the 3-Michelin-Star restaurant, The French Laundry. I've been a Newsom supporter, but this shit is just discouraging.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Along with the hypocritical behavior of politicians, the Thanksgiving dire warnings become less meaningful in the context of what many were saying and doing before Thanksgiving. In Massachusetts, they've allowed indoor seating in bars and the governor is pushing for schools and day cares to open (without offering the necessary funding). I see full playgrounds with unmasked students, full barbershops and small bars (granted at less than half capacity but it's still a small enclosed place) for the last few weeks, and now politicians are saying if you want to have Thanksgiving with your grandmother, make funeral arrangements. They can go fuck themselves. Families are taking risks to see each other, which is bad when you have an entire country doing it, but the behavior leading up to Thanksgiving was so much worse:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... gatherings
According to state health department reports, the largest sources of coronavirus infections are workplaces like meatpacking plants and warehouses, institutional settings like prisons and retirement communities, and businesses like restaurants and bars, Murray tells All Things Considered.

"We have seen really large spread happening from things like bars especially and other kind of indoor gatherings like that, where people spend a long time in proximity with a lot of people," she says. "And I think that those places need to be closed down, for at least until we can get a handle on the current surge."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This is worth a quick watch, if only for Williams' dry "breath-taking moment of situational awareness" remark...

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm This is worth a quick watch, if only for Williams' dry "breath-taking moment of situational awareness" remark...

That “Really...You just have to do it smartly and you have to do it safely” moment was so Fox News.
Noli Timere Messorem
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Brother in law had three co-workers test positive, he feels symptoms and will be tested today. I have been in ONE car that wasn't mine in MONTHS. It was this past sunday, helping him move a cabinet.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That right there is why it's not worth being a nice person.

Were you guys masked up in the car at least?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 am That right there is why it's not worth being a nice person.

We were not. Never even thought about that.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The wife's workplace will be receiving and distributing the Pfizer vaccine. In addition to having to make arrangements to store it, (I think they're buying new freezers in addition to learning all about dry ice), it needs to be mixed on-site by the people distributing it.

We've also decided to try to quarantine for the 2 weeks prior to Christmas, and my parents are going to do the same, so they can come up here and spend Christmas Eve/Day with us (and the girls). I never leave the basement except to go grocery shopping, so not much effort for me. My wife will be skipping a couple of testing events at work, the oldest will be giving up two weeks of unofficial winter track practice, and the youngest, who decided she wants to train with her soccer team this winter (outside) after skipping the fall season, will get one training session in this weekend and then will skip the next 2 or 3.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:08 am
rass wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 am That right there is why it's not worth being a nice person.

We were not. Never even thought about that.
Shit man. Hopefully the waiting is the hardest part.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:17 am The wife's workplace will be receiving and distributing the Pfizer vaccine. In addition to having to make arrangements to store it, (I think they're buying new freezers in addition to learning all about dry ice), it needs to be mixed on-site by the people distributing it.

We've also decided to try to quarantine for the 2 weeks prior to Christmas, and my parents are going to do the same, so they can come up here and spend Christmas Eve/Day with us (and the girls). I never leave the basement except to go grocery shopping, so not much effort for me. My wife will be skipping a couple of testing events at work, the oldest will be giving up two weeks of unofficial winter track practice, and the youngest, who decided she wants to train with her soccer team this winter (outside) after skipping the fall season, will get one training session in this weekend and then will skip the next 2 or 3.
Also on this train. Played my last pickup hockey last night and bowing out of league nights and pickups for the next 2 weeks. Wife is giving up shelter volunteering with the pups. It's gonna suckkkkkkk.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Good luck, AB.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Good luck, AB
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

AB, good luck.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The (new) wife has her friend coming this weekend. The friend went through a particularly nasty divorce, and then spent some time in Aspen with some disreputable folks. I'm basically expecting to be infected, so we scheduled a test for early next week. I'm already planning a full quarantine for the hopes that I can have Christmas Eve this year.

The sucky part is that I've needed to use my asthma rescue inhaler a few times in the recent days.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:56 am The (new) wife has her friend coming this weekend. The friend went through a particularly nasty divorce, and then spent some time in Aspen with some disreputable folks. I'm basically expecting to be infected, so we scheduled a test for early next week. I'm already planning a full quarantine for the hopes that I can have Christmas Eve this year.

The sucky part is that I've needed to use my asthma rescue inhaler a few times in the recent days.
Upside the ratio is correct for some fun. Steer into the skid bud.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."