Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Pruitt »

Fucker deleted the tweets too.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by brian »

Like everything Trumpian it’s just projection anyway. He thinks he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:42 pm Like everything Trumpian it’s just projection anyway. He thinks he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.
Obama got one so of course he needs one.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sarcasm again!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:33 pmSarcasm again!
No I meant it.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

And for today's laugh of the day:

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

For the first time in his life, Donald Trump is married to someone in their 50's.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:27 pm For the first time in his life, Donald Trump is married to someone in their 50's.
But he will never sleep with someone over 40.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:27 pm For the first time in his life, Donald Trump is married to someone in their 50's.
But she has a lot of parts that are under 20.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah ... LIKE HER IQ!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:39 pm Yeah ... LIKE HER IQ!!!
BAM!!!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Q: "Why are they doing this?"
Wife: "Its supposed to be a show of support for hospital and other workers ..."
Q: "That's really nice."
Me: "If you were a doctor or nurse, would you want money spent on supplies and your pay or on airplanes flying over?"
Q: "Oh."

I'm ruining their childhoods.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:26 am Q: "Why are they doing this?"
Me: "If you were a doctor or nurse, would you want money spent on supplies and your pay or on airplanes flying over?"

I can imagine them writing "Fuck You New York" in the sky.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I don't know how many have watched this show, but this is perfect
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

What time did they pass? I went outside, but my next door neighbor's lawn service was mowing their lawn so I couldn't even hear anything. When they stopped for a minute around 12:20 I heard a distant plane, not sure if it was them or another plane. As I typed, I heard much more powerful sounding plane noises, but didn't see anything. Oh, well.

I had the same thought at first, stupid waste of money and Trump's petty desire for military parades like a dictator. OTOH, pilots need to continue flying and people were getting excited to see it, so WTF?

During the MLB allstar game in Boston in 1999(?) the flyover went over my apartment. Holy fuck was that terrifying. The whole building was shaking and the windows rattled. I really thought they were going to break. Unreal how loud it was.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

We went for a walk, a bunch of people were at the park at the end of the street and around ~12:12 when it should have been happening or just happened, people started checking phones and I saw pics from a minute before in Newark so it was just a complete miss. Did get to see a passenger plane fly over a few minutes later which was awesome.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:00 pm We went for a walk, a bunch of people were at the park at the end of the street and around ~12:12 when it should have been happening or just happened, people started checking phones and I saw pics from a minute before in Newark so it was just a complete miss. Did get to see a passenger plane fly over a few minutes later which was awesome.
Did you clap and cheer wildly?
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:53 am I don't know how many have watched this show, but this is perfect
That’s incredible.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:47 am

I can imagine them writing "Fuck You New York" in the sky.
The Twitterverse sent out the Rumor Balloon on Saturday, stating that this was going to happen in the DC area at 12:15... actually at the very nearby Suburban* Hospital. Obviously was just a rumor, but we spent a nice 45 mins hanging out in the sun at a school playground near the hospital, social distancing.

Problem? The hundreds of people that flocked right up to the hospital, no social distancing, no masks.

Fucking idiots.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And, yeah, they are spinning this that because they can't do Air Shows, they are losing hours on training/flight time, so this fills that void.

Meh. This doesn't really rate for me in terms of "Shitty Things This Administration is Doing" scale.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Turns out I did hear the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds when I stopped typing and ran out. I didn't see them, but lots of people in town said they saw a large plane followed by 3 or 4 small at a high altitude. Looks like they were heading to Philly and Trenton an hour a little later. Consensus is they were refueling, but I can't imagine they would need to refuel for such a short trip. Planes supposedly came out of McGuire AFB near Trenton. Maybe 2-3 hours of flying.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 pm And, yeah, they are spinning this that because they can't do Air Shows, they are losing hours on training/flight time, so this fills that void.

Meh. This doesn't really rate for me in terms of "Shitty Things This Administration is Doing" scale.
Its more I don't want her falling for false action or non-World Cup patriotism.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If an entire generation of kids turn sour on Air Shows, beautiful. Thank you for your service.

I've had to work two of them and it was a grueling experience.

When I'm done and retired I'm going nowhere near a military base for an Air Show, let alone for any other reason.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:45 pm

If an entire generation of kids turn sour on Air Shows, beautiful. Thank you for your service.

I've had to work two of them and it was a grueling experience.

When I'm done and retired I'm going nowhere near a military base for an Air Show, let alone for any other reason.
Skipping the BX privileges?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

To some extent, yes. But not completely. Stuff is usually cheaper online with delivery to my house. Unless I get a GS job on base or something.

However, the entire time I've been at Kirtland the clearance section of HD TVs has been exceptional. I've just never been compelled to buy one.

Last major purchase from there was Bose Headphones. They were about $75 off. Next major purchase if not a TV that I'm compelled to get? Probably a gun. They get stupid cheap around Black Friday. We'll see though.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Posted without comment because the comment would be bad.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm Posted without comment because the comment would be bad.
This was always the endgame of the “protests” against the quarantine.

This exchange was from 2 weeks ago when those protests started:
Joe K wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 pm
The Sybian wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:37 pm
Joe K wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:54 pm I’ve seen some good faith arguments made that different parts of the country should be subject to fewer restrictions. However, this whole astroturfed “protest” movement is one of the more cynical things I’ve seen in American politics—and that’s saying a lot. While the economic toll on workers and small business is very real and devastating, clearly this is a case of big-money right wing groups who (1) care more about business profits than tens of thousands of lost lives, and/or (2) are making the cynical play that because the only hard-hit swing state has been Michigan, it’ll help the GOP electorally to seem like the party that wanted to “open the economy.”
Especially when you consider the same groups backing these protests are also pushing for legislation allowing businesses to require workers to return to their jobs and preventing workers from suing if they get sick or die because they were forced to return.
Exactly. It’s not really about whether workers should have the choice to return to the office. It’s about whether employers can require workers, at the cost of their livelihoods, to return to work with or without health protections.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:32 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 pm And, yeah, they are spinning this that because they can't do Air Shows, they are losing hours on training/flight time, so this fills that void.

Its more I don't want her falling for false action or non-World Cup patriotism.
No, yeah, I wasn't judging. I'm on record here stating all the military bullshit at sporting events is absolute horse shit. Much more doing my own inventory in this moment.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Texas Workforce Commission is looking at developing parameters for possibly allowing people to qualify for unemployment benefits if they refuse to return to work. I'll believe it when I see it though.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, that's the status quo of the law in most if not all states. It'd be difficult to make an exception in law to allow workers to refuse to return to work and continue collecting unemployment, especially when most states are completely overrun with unemployment claims. It's compounded since most people have health insurance through their employers. It's amazing how much leverage employers have in this country, and half the workers join the GOP in fighting for the rights of corporations over workers.

I'm already seeing a lot of my clients dealing with this, as they are trying to bring back furloughed workers. A lot of workers are ignoring the notices to return to work, and many are asking to extend their furloughs so they can collect benefits rather than return to work. Some may be legit afraid to go to a worksite, but many I've seen are allowed to work from home and pulling this. My favorite, a guy claimed he can't return to work and asked for paid leave through the Family First Coronavirus Response Act (the act provides leave for parents if their childcare is closed due to the pandemic) for his 18 year old son that lives with his divorced wife in another state.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:53 pm So he may come across as decent, but I'm good. He should know better as a former Navy SEAL.
A rebuttal to Crenshaw's book: The Stories Dan Crenshaw Tells Himself
“The problem with today’s society is that it is swelling with the wrong role models,” he writes. “Abandoning traditional heroes for new and exciting villains who represent self-indulgence, loud-mouthed commentary, angry fist-shaking activism, or insulting spitfire politics.”

This is, he says, infecting our entire society, which “has grown out of control often at the expense of logic, decency, and virtue.” We now “mock virtue without considering how its abandonment accelerates our moral decay” and “don a mantle of fragility, of anger, of childishness, and are utterly shameless in doing so.”

“A culture characterized by self-pity, indulgence, outrage, and resentment is a culture that falls apart,” he argues.

On Earth 2, this may have been the launching pad for a courageous and ambitious primary campaign that stands up for virtue in the face of our fragile, angry, childish, shameless, self-indulgent, loud-mouthed, insulting, self-pitying, and resentful president.

Here on Earth 1, the book is called Fortitude and its author is Rep. Dan Crenshaw, one of the most visible defenders of Donald Trump.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Unfettered capitalism rears its ugly head again.

Hope that restricting access to abortions helps GOP voters sleep after their homes have been foreclosed upon.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Working hard on what's important to America...

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

One of those moments where it's tough to believe someone didn't just get a hold of his account and is taking the piss.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Anti Trump Republicans are better at hit pieces on Donald than Democrats.

He tweet stormed about these folks.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Most of the Dem ads are about as good as that, but I'll grant it's arguably more effective coming from a group of Republicans.