Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:02 pm Bunch of rats sideways glancing at each to for approval before jumping.
Correct. Though once the flow starts...
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

Eh. Feels more like the next chapter in the Murk & Sue "hey, we're concerned enough to give a statement and absolutely nothing else" act.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:28 am But in the final analysis I'm sure Murky will come back around to Daddy Trump.
Yup. If she didn't turn on him after her comments about Trump learning from impeachment, then becoming even more of a dictator she is irredeemable. I can't tell if she genuinely dislikes Trump, but is afraid to go against him, or if she wants to support him, but is afraid it will cost her reelection because her constituency is against Trump.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 pm Eh. Feels more like the next chapter in the Murk & Sue "hey, we're concerned enough to give a statement and absolutely nothing else" act.
Yeah, I think so. Collins has to realize she's a lost cause, and she's been angling for those sweet Republican post-office dollars.

Is Murkowski even up for re-election this year? If so, the fact that I was unaware makes me think she isn't in any real danger of losing.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:20 pm
mister d wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 pm Eh. Feels more like the next chapter in the Murk & Sue "hey, we're concerned enough to give a statement and absolutely nothing else" act.
Yeah, I think so. Collins has to realize she's a lost cause, and she's been angling for those sweet Republican post-office dollars.

Is Murkowski even up for re-election this year? If so, the fact that I was unaware makes me think she isn't in any real danger of losing.
A Republican losing in Alaska would be very unlikely. I still think the thing to remember is legacy matters to a lot of these soulless automatons more than you realize. Sure, some don't care and just want those sweet, sweet dollars, but the chance to be remembered in history as helping lead from within to remove the worst president in history matters to some of them. They just don't want to be the first up the hill only to have their head lopped off, so like PDX said they're looking around waiting to charge. That charge will probably never happen. But somewhere deep in their cold, cold hearts they want to.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I have zero idea of the veracity of any of this, but it's an interesting read.

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I really hope this is legit and that Uncle Blazer is not Louse Mensch's uncle.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

1) The Burr stuff always seemed REALLY suspicious to me.

2) I guess the only place that thread seems a little far-fetched is the military coup angle. Although, not that far-fetched, it hinges on an extremely unlikely premise (cops were told to instigate riots by killing a black man.) Although, it does seem likely that Trump and his cabal, seeing no other options, were opportunistic in stoking the flames of the protests and then trying to push troops out into the cities.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

I think that thread is complete bullshit. And frankly, with so much of the country turning against Trump I have no idea why any liberals are still holding onto Russiagate/Putin conspiracies when so much of them have been discredited.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:51 pm 1) The Burr stuff always seemed REALLY suspicious to me.

2) I guess the only place that thread seems a little far-fetched is the military coup angle. Although, not that far-fetched, it hinges on an extremely unlikely premise (cops were told to instigate riots by killing a black man.) Although, it does seem likely that Trump and his cabal, seeing no other options, were opportunistic in stoking the flames of the protests and then trying to push troops out into the cities.
It's less far-fetched if you look at Floyd's death and the response less as organized and more as a "happy accident" for Trump. But I agree. It's 99.9 percent likely it's bullshit but it's still an interesting read.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

And honestly, the Burr stuff IS really weird but that can be explained by any number of things.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Just read this thread and you’ll see how deranged that Blake’s Mustache guy is. Alex Jones level conspiratorial nonsense.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Yeah, that seems a lot more far-fetched.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That reads like some ridiculous American political fanfiction.

There were TWO investigations! Richard Burr is a secret hero! There was an attempted military coup!
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I got Collins and Murk confused. Collins is up in Maine, and if the Dems run a decent candidate, I think she is out. The other Senator from Alaska is up, a Republican named Daniel something. Fact I never heard of him, if he is running again he must be safe.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It took 18 years for the government to acknowledge that Fred Hampton was assassinated, so I try to not give the people in power too much credit. If anything, this week should have taught us that our law enforcement institutions are mostly in place to keep us subjugated, not protect us.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:14 pm

I got Collins and Murk confused. Collins is up in Maine, and if the Dems run a decent candidate, I think she is out. The other Senator from Alaska is up, a Republican named Daniel something. Fact I never heard of him, if he is running again he must be safe.
Collins is absolutely done. I would bet any amount of money straight up on this and would probably be willing to give 2 to 1 odds. AZ will almost certainly be flipped as well.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Yeah, McSalley down 11 points in AZ. She's cooked.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Also, I am discounting that stuff from the Barr/Burr conspiracy theorist guy as obviously pretty far-fetched.

But the killing of George Floyd? Even for police brutality that one really feels odd to me. Cop dude and cop dudes with him KNEW they were being filmed, right? It was obvious as hell that people were standing there with cameras. He even looks directly at them several times. He has him pinned so long, and keeps him pinned even after they don't feel a pulse, all the while knowing he is being filmed.

It's just...odd. But IF you wanted to touch off nationwide protests, seems to me that is one way to do it. I have had the fleeting thought that if Trump and those around him wanted to provoke people in the streets so they could activate the armed vigilante groups and pieces of the military, this is how you would do it.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm Also, I am discounting that stuff from the Barr/Burr conspiracy theorist guy as obviously pretty far-fetched.

But the killing of George Floyd? Even for police brutality that one really feels odd to me. Cop dude and cop dudes with him KNEW they were being filmed, right? It was obvious as hell that people were standing there with cameras. He even looks directly at them several times. He has him pinned so long, and keeps him pinned even after they don't feel a pulse, all the while knowing he is being filmed.

It's just...odd. But IF you wanted to touch off nationwide protests, seems to me that is one way to do it. I have had the fleeting thought that if Trump and those around him wanted to provoke people in the streets so they could activate the armed vigilante groups and pieces of the military, this is how you would do it.
I'm more likely to believe that Bernie is compromised by Putin than that.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:06 amWell, social distancing is out the window... Either we will see some major spikes in COVID cases in 2-3 weeks, or we will end the limitations on what can remain open. While I love seeing all the videos of cops hugging protesters, they aren't fucking wearing masks! The NYC video was the worst. The highest ranking uniformed officer was in the middle of a circle of protesters holding hands and hugging everyone. He and the others speaking to him were all screaming to be heard over the crowd. All I could think about was how many people are getting COVID because of this.
It really is fucking wild that we aren't social distancing and COVID is a damn afterthought right now. I guess all the "herd immunity" types should be rejoicing, right?

Like, the disease is deadly. And 2 months ago there were memes about being locked up in your house and we need to do so for each other. But after seeing photos like that I'm just like..."Uh, sports can come back now, right?"

I'll wear a mask and sit a seat apart from others, but man the flip from "Oh my God this disease is bad and has a Russian roulette streak to it" to "Fuck this disease. We need to fucking end police brutality and fix race relations immediately" while admirable and honorable makes me think...we really didn't have to socially distance in the first place?

I honestly feel a bit rude putting it like that. Man, if I were a conspiracy theorist I'd be connecting this to Pepe Sylvia and Carole Baskin.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I think you're close. People are just finally fed up. George Floyd just lit the spark. I hate to say it, but if Hillary had won, George Floyd doesn't lead to the same kind of national public outrage and protest that it has. I'm not saying those marching don't care about the cause of police brutality and racial equality, but it was just the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm Also, I am discounting that stuff from the Barr/Burr conspiracy theorist guy as obviously pretty far-fetched.

It's the idea that the Feds (Trump people) get to a local law enforcement level to try to instigate riots. It's not completely insane, just seems like they'd want to control the operation.

Look, I'm the guy that was putting out the notion that Trump would fall back on Putin's bombing of apartments if things got sideways. I'm not the guy that's going to completely discount that murdering a black man in broad daylight with witnesses doesn't look extremely odd.

Just seems like they'd do something like plant one of their own to carry it out, rather than rely on a dude with a very sketchy record to pull it off. And rely on those other 3 assholes to stand around with thumbs up their asses.
Last edited by Nonlinear FC on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:36 pm
The Sybian wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:06 amWell, social distancing is out the window... Either we will see some major spikes in COVID cases in 2-3 weeks, or we will end the limitations on what can remain open. While I love seeing all the videos of cops hugging protesters, they aren't fucking wearing masks! The NYC video was the worst. The highest ranking uniformed officer was in the middle of a circle of protesters holding hands and hugging everyone. He and the others speaking to him were all screaming to be heard over the crowd. All I could think about was how many people are getting COVID because of this.
It really is fucking wild that we aren't social distancing and COVID is a damn afterthought right now. I guess all the "herd immunity" types should be rejoicing, right?

Like, the disease is deadly. And 2 months ago there were memes about being locked up in your house and we need to do so for each other. But after seeing photos like that I'm just like..."Uh, sports can come back now, right?"

I'll wear a mask and sit a seat apart from others, but man the flip from "Oh my God this disease is bad and has a Russian roulette streak to it" to "Fuck this disease. We need to fucking end police brutality and fix race relations immediately" while admirable and honorable makes me think...we really didn't have to socially distance in the first place?

I honestly feel a bit rude putting it like that. Man, if I were a conspiracy theorist I'd be connecting this to Pepe Sylvia and Carole Baskin.
Yeah, it's tough to comprehend this while I'll be forced to have 5 year-olds stand 6 feet apart from each other in a line to a sink so I can watch them wash their hands for 20 seconds and then play without sharing while keeping away from each other.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:38 pm I think you're close. People are just finally fed up. George Floyd just lit the spark. I hate to say it, but if Hillary had won, George Floyd doesn't lead to the same kind of national public outrage and protest that it has. I'm not saying those marching don't care about the cause of police brutality and racial equality, but it was just the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.
Yeah, 1000 percent this. People were already, across the board, bugging the fuck out over being in this new normal bullshit. It was palpable, and I live in an area that just isn't seeing a true health impact (which is part of what was driving people mental.)

But this just lit a powder keg. It's also in a string of REALLY bad looking killing of black men, with the most recent national outrage over the jogger.

The fact that The Fucking Moron uses EVERY instance to try and inflame his base and divide the country... Napalm on top of a tire field fire.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:36 pmLike, the disease is deadly. And 2 months ago there were memes about being locked up in your house and we need to do so for each other. But after seeing photos like that I'm just like..."Uh, sports can come back now, right?"

I think one aspect is that as time passes, and more and more stuff seems to be opening up anyway, and as large parts of the country are no longer under as big of a Covid threat, people are more likely to give up on social distancing.

But also, this is fucking important. Not "I want to go to the barber shop" important, but really important. In an emergency situation, you take risks that you wouldn't ordinarily take.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I agree with all of your points. I guess I'm just fatigued from this deployment. These last 7 months have been nuts.

When I came out here Iran was a threat and WW3 was trending. Australia was on fire. Then Kobe died. COVID happened. The world stopped. I stayed longer. And then after being cooped up for a couple months, 40 million Americans lost their jobs, over 105k people died, and we finally galvanized as a nation.

But I've been extreme camping and looking around like I just woke up from a nap and I don't know what day it is because I napped so hard.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It's been a crazy fucking year, no doubt and it ain't even half over and there's the most consequential presidental election in at least 156 years coming up as well. so batten down the hatches.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:10 pm I agree with all of your points. I guess I'm just fatigued from this deployment. These last 7 months have been nuts.

When I came out here Iran was a threat and WW3 was trending. Australia was on fire. Then Kobe died. COVID happened. The world stopped. I stayed longer. And then after being cooped up for a couple months, 40 million Americans lost their jobs, over 105k people died, and we finally galvanized as a nation.

But I've been extreme camping and looking around like I just woke up from a nap and I don't know what day it is because I napped so hard.
By the way, on our little wager, it's borderline a push right now. Barr is pulling prison riot guards, DEA agents and other nonsensical fed law enforement... and mobilizing DMV military bases "just in case." And it took an unprecedented show of military leadership and solidarity to force Trump to STFU and stand down on sending the military out to certain cities/states.

Fucking nuts, man.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pmBy the way, on our little wager, it's borderline a push right now. Barr is pulling prison riot guards, DEA agents and other nonsensical fed law enforement... and mobilizing DMV military bases "just in case." And it took an unprecedented show of military leadership and solidarity to force Trump to STFU and stand down on sending the military out to certain cities/states.

Fucking nuts, man.
I've been trying to keep up. I would like to be a fly on the wall in a meeting where Trump goes "I WANT THE MILITARY TO HANDLE THIS!!" and all the service chiefs look around and go "Nah."

It's like they all banded together and politely, yet firmly intimated that it's an illegal order and they won't follow it.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

That's 100 percent what they did. They are on the right side of history.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

So he’ll fire those guys and replace them with yes-men who will. Because we’re in the shittiest timeline.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

So if his Chief Of Staff isn't in his "inner circle," who is? Ivanka? Kushner?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Ha!

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

He's literally either daring her or baiting her to jump ship via social media (depending on how much credence you give to how much Trump "plans" things)
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

He's making an example out of her, to scare the rest of the Repubs of how he'll treat them if they don't stay on their knees and fellate him 100% of the time. I don't see why this tactic even works, but somehow it does.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 pm He's making an example out of her, to scare the rest of the Repubs of how he'll treat them if they don't stay on their knees and fellate him 100% of the time. I don't see why this tactic even works, but somehow it does.
I'm telling you, he has video of all of them killing hookers. It's the only explanation.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:56 am
sancarlos wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 pm He's making an example out of her, to scare the rest of the Repubs of how he'll treat them if they don't stay on their knees and fellate him 100% of the time. I don't see why this tactic even works, but somehow it does.
I'm telling you, he has video of all of them killing hookers. It's the only explanation.
Like that would seriously move the needle with GOP voters.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I fucking joked about this like three or four weeks ago, but I said something to effect of I wondered how long it would take for Trump to violate the Third Amendment (which has basically been settled law for like 200 years), but yet here we are.