Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:52 am
A_B wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 am There probably is something wrong with him. But you could make a video like that about any one of us if we were on camera as much as these guys are.

It’s like the Biden cognitive decline stuff. I was so nervous to actually see him speak after I'd been reading. But my wife had something on, and I was surprised to see how normal and intelligent he was.

If you watch Trump talk, yeah it’s terrible, but he seems fine from a physical or cognitive fitness perspective.
I can tell you if you had filmed me 24 hours a day for my adult life you'd never see me drinking water like that.
Because it would be bourbon?

The candidate is feeble was one of the bigger attacks against Biden planned by the Trump team so it's a good strategy to show Trump like this. Next up, have some ads to counter the Hunter attacks.
I just saw that the Ukrainian government completed an investigation and found the Bidens did nothing wrong. Not that facts have ever gotten in the way of Trump or the GOP attacks, but maybe they will let this line of attack go. I really haven't heard anything about Hunter or Burisma in a long time. I don't think that conspiracy had any legs beyond the base.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by tennbengal »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 am There probably is something wrong with him. But you could make a video like that about any one of us if we were on camera as much as these guys are.

It’s like the Biden cognitive decline stuff. I was so nervous to actually see him speak after I'd been reading. But my wife had something on, and I was surprised to see how normal and intelligent he was.

If you watch Trump talk, yeah it’s terrible, but he seems fine from a physical or cognitive fitness perspective.
Bunk. It's fair game. the ENTIRE MEDIA WORLD went into crisis mode over HRC being dehydrated. We are not supposed to talk about whatever the fuck is going on with Trump?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I can tell you if you had filmed me 24 hours a day for my adult life you'd never see me drinking water like that.

The candidate is feeble was one of the bigger attacks against Biden planned by the Trump team so it's a good strategy to show Trump like this. Next up, have some ads to counter the Hunter attacks.
co-sign.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:58 am

Exactly. I get the point, but Trump ALWAYS sounds like he is struggling to find words and stops sentences halfway through. Part of that is he has no fucking clue what he is talking about and trails off, like when he talks about "the Cyber" or "the Nuclear," he doesn't finish the sentence, throws out half a phrase and stops. I've seen a couple videos of Trump on talk shows from 20-25 years ago, and it's shocking. He was actually discussing policies and sounding intelligent. Can't believe it is the same guy.
I made this point 3 years ago. When you watch clips of him from Stern back in the day, he actually comes off as very sharp, witty and intelligent. I hate to type that, but it's the truth. Guy was a total fucking douchebag (I've never liked the guy, and The Apprentice made my skin crawl), but he was definitely "with it."

Which is why this weird ass version of him is so scary to me. He's obviously not well.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ed Romero” wrote:Next up, have some ads to counter the Hunter attacks.
Seems like the Trump kids give plenty of ammunition.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

They should commit to viciously going in on Baron.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:14 am
Yeah, but Trump's kids are off limits. The lack of self-awareness, especially from Junior, is astounding. He went off numerous times attacking Hunter for being the beneficiary of nepotism.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

So Bolton held onto some info for awhile to make money selling books. For years, there will be more books written from witnesses who thought it would be better to stay quiet while the country falls apart under Trump. Bunch of real patriots.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Yeah, fuck Bolton. Hopefully if Trump is broomed out in November evidence turns up of his wrongdoings in addition to Trump, Barr et al and he spends the rest of his days in federal prison as well. Fuck them all with a rusty dildo.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:03 pm
Yeah, but Trump's kids are off limits. The lack of self-awareness, especially from Junior, is astounding. He went off numerous times attacking Hunter for being the beneficiary of nepotism.
I don't think his kids should be off limits on any level. The unwritten rule is about a) how old they are and b) if they are seen and they act in an apolitical way.

These fucking dipshits? They put themselves directly in the cross hairs on a daily basis.

Fuck 'em.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Obviously, per Mr. D's half-joke, Baron isn't an acceptable target.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So if Trump asked China to help him win in 2020, why does it remain beyond belief that he asked and took assistance to win in 2016 from Russia?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Or what if both are biased lies, TB???

(I still think the most likely case of serious interference would be tacit allowance of hacking versus direct assistance.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:52 pm Obviously, per Mr. D's half-joke, Baron isn't an acceptable target.
Yes, Barron is off-limits (even though Rush Limbaugh called Chelsea Clinton the 'White House Dog' when she was a kid, and he got a Medal of Freedom) definitely. As is Tiffany (she never comments on politics, as far as I've seen).

However, Don Jr? Ivanka? Jared? Eric? Fair game...
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:53 pm So if Trump asked China to help him win in 2020, why does it remain beyond belief that he asked and took assistance to win in 2016 from Russia?
Maybe because the Russia stuff was investigated really aggressively by the FBI and the Mueller team for nearly 3 years and they didn’t find that?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Didn't see that coming!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Joe K wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:26 pm
tennbengal wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:53 pm So if Trump asked China to help him win in 2020, why does it remain beyond belief that he asked and took assistance to win in 2016 from Russia?
Maybe because the Russia stuff was investigated really aggressively by the FBI and the Mueller team for nearly 3 years and they didn’t find that?
Did they not?
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 pm Didn't see that coming!
Ha, you got me! Now remind me who from the Trump campaign was found to have done that...
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Joe K wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:05 pm
Ha, you got me! Now remind me who from the Trump campaign was found to have done that...
?

Bill Barr said no collusion so we're good.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:07 pm
?

Bill Barr said no collusion so we're good.
So did Andrew Weissman, or whoever it was that authored the Mueller Report. Or do you want to point me to the finding of collusion in the Mueller Report?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Mueller found that he could not nail everything down because Trump and his people obstructed justice.

Nevertheless, Mueller did find (because he tweeted it out) that Trump Jr expressly stated to Russian intermediaries that he loved the idea of Russian help, "especially later in the summer."

Mueller also found that the Trump campaign was aware of Russia's "sweeping and systemic" assistance, expected to benefit from it, welcomed it, and planned press strategies around it. And I think he found that Roger Stone communicated with Wikileaks about it (as did Trump Jr).

And I can't remember if Mueller himself found this, but the Trump campaign aided and abetting Russia's interference by falsely telling the American people that the hacking and leaks weren't being done by Russia.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Seriously, man, I don't know what kind of "enemy of my enemy" thing you have going on, but just because prominent members of the Democratic Party have said that the Trump campaign cooperated with Russia during the election doesn't mean that the Trump campaign didn't cooperate with Russia during the election.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Also, you guys know that the FBI misled the FISA Court to get a warrant on Carter Page, got a friend of Pappadopolous to wear a wire and get him drunk, but still couldn’t find evidence of collusion, right?
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

I’ll let Matt Taibbi do the rest of the talking on this if you guys are actually willing to step out of the echo chamber.

Taibbi on Russiagate
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If WaPo converted the Bolton Book to PDF and let everyone download it for free that would be great. Fuck Bolton.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

No comedian could have done a better job satirizing these people.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Joe K wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:15 pm Also, you guys know that the FBI misled the FISA Court to get a warrant on Carter Page, got a friend of Pappadopolous to wear a wire and get him drunk, but still couldn’t find evidence of collusion, right?
Dude. All that stuff I listed is collusion.

And if your answer is “listen to Taibbi,” that doesn’t help. Might as well cite Glenn Greenwald.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Citing Greenwald while linking to Taibbi would be pretty misleading, Steve.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:52 pm
The Sybian wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:03 pm
I don't think his kids should be off limits on any level. The unwritten rule is about a) how old they are and b) if they are seen and they act in an apolitical way.

These fucking dipshits? They put themselves directly in the cross hairs on a daily basis.

Fuck 'em.
I was being facetious and making the Trumper argument, as they attack Hunter and say it's out of bounds to attack Trump's kids. Junior is out on talk shows and rallies pretty much nonstop, so of course he is fair game. Eric is out there to a lesser degree. Ivanka has a fucking job in the White House despite not getting security clearance and continuing to directly profit financially through her businesses based on her government work, and Jared is in charge of just about everything despite committing numerous felonies by lying or withholding information on his security clearance forms I believe 95 times. He should be in prison and forbidden from touching any government business. Tiffany and Baron should be off limits, and largely have been.
-Pruitt
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:11 am No comedian could have done a better job satirizing these people.

Feels like “Ma’am...this is an Arby’s” would be the only appropriate response to this
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 am

co-sign.
It's also been used here against Biden by non-Trump supporters.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Shotgun blasts to the face."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So was that a Cheney joke or just your run-of-the-mill thinly veiled call for violence by a sitting president?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Facebook removes Trump ads with symbol once used by Nazis to designate political prisoners

Yep... there are just no words for these people.
Facebook on Thursday deactivated dozens of ads placed by President Trump’s reelection campaign that included a symbol once used by the Nazis to designate political prisoners in concentration camps.

The marking appeared as part of the campaign’s online salvo against antifa and “far-left groups."

A red inverted triangle was used in the 1930s to identify Communists, and was applied as well to Social Democrats, liberals, Freemasons and other members of opposition parties incarcerated by the Nazis.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:25 pm Facebook removes Trump ads with symbol once used by Nazis to designate political prisoners

Yep... there are just no words for these people.
Facebook on Thursday deactivated dozens of ads placed by President Trump’s reelection campaign that included a symbol once used by the Nazis to designate political prisoners in concentration camps.

The marking appeared as part of the campaign’s online salvo against antifa and “far-left groups."

A red inverted triangle was used in the 1930s to identify Communists, and was applied as well to Social Democrats, liberals, Freemasons and other members of opposition parties incarcerated by the Nazis.
The only calculus here is to stoke hate and violence among his white power base. It's not like there's an undecided block of nazi voters he's trying to win over.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Any protestors."

White Mugabe has spoken.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

He shoulda went with deplorables.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.