Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by psunate77 »

DT wins at the SCOTUS level and it’s a non- election challenge.

Pretty big win and could hurt Dems big time.

mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Yeah, I thought he died, but I wasn't certain.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

psunate77 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 am DT wins at the SCOTUS level and it’s a non- election challenge.

Pretty big win and could hurt Dems big time.

Man you really don't take well to the subtle messages do you?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 am I'm not surprised when shipments of stuff get delayed for one reason or another.

Military members getting to their deployed locations also get stranded or get "lost" in the shuffle.

Logistics is taken for granted and only during a mess up does it even get acknowledged.
Yeah, I think that even if we had a competent, dedicated, and motivated government, the distribution of the vaccine would be complete chaos for the next few months. This is such uncharted territory, and our country is so fucking huge, with so many moving parts when it comes to government, it would be a miracle if there weren't serious problems.

I just basically assume that for practical purposes, the US won't "have a vaccine" for Covid until March. And *then* it take a long-ass time to vaccinate 250-300 million people.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

While true, Steve, having the dumbest, laziest, most mendacious motherfucker alive sure as hell didn't make it any easier.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:56 pm
Johnnie wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 am I'm not surprised when shipments of stuff get delayed for one reason or another.

Military members getting to their deployed locations also get stranded or get "lost" in the shuffle.

Logistics is taken for granted and only during a mess up does it even get acknowledged.
Yeah, I think that even if we had a competent, dedicated, and motivated government, the distribution of the vaccine would be complete chaos for the next few months. This is such uncharted territory, and our country is so fucking huge, with so many moving parts when it comes to government, it would be a miracle if there weren't serious problems.

I just basically assume that for practical purposes, the US won't "have a vaccine" for Covid until March. And *then* it take a long-ass time to vaccinate 250-300 million people.
The only White House strategy was vaccines -- no mask education, little contact tracing, not enough testing, keep everything open, and just wait for vaccines -- and now it's reasonable there's no plan to get them out quickly in Operation Warp Speed?

It's one thing to make Johnnie wait an extra week or two before going to Korea and for other minor mess ups, but having the company that made the vaccine, (which was your only strategy to save lives (well, maybe herd immunity too)) say we have a million of these and no one is telling us where to send them is an appalling joke that's costing lives.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:56 pm

It would take a long time if everyone wanted the vaccine. Almost none of the people in my immediate circle are willing to take it in about the first 6 months
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I still feel, four years later, that I am way more right on Russians installing Trump in WH and Trump knowing about it than JoeK was (missing you anyway JoeK):

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Twitter is doing this automatically doing this now:

It's cute, but only serves in the pettiest of capacities. It will be fun to see his account get shut down in January though.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.