Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Good thread about what Bannon, et al were arrested for.

Sounds like pretty cut&dried fraud. Not even anything that complicated.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Butterfly lady is getting the last laugh...

‘We Build the Wall’ Victim: ‘I Wish Them Well in Their Cavity Searches’
A south Texas butterfly conservationist has a message for Steve Bannon and three others arrested on Thursday for fraud and money laundering in what the feds describe as a border wall fundraising scheme.

“I just wish them well in their cavity searches,” says Marianna Treviño-Wright, executive director of the National Butterfly Center.

Treviño-Wright was targeted by We Build the Wall late last year, when she sought to stop the construction of a barrier beside the center’s nature preserve along the American side of the Rio Grande, 100 acres that the organization employs to educate the public “about the value of biodiversity, the beauty of the natural world, the wonder of butterflies, particularly, and the powerful role they play in maintaining healthy ecosystems and sustainable food resources.” We Build the Wall’s founder, disabled Air Force combat veteran Brian Kolfage, tweeted allegations that Treviño-Wright was in league with a drug cartel and sex trafficking children.

A Nov. 15, 2019, tweet featured a video of a car being chased down a dusty road by two Border Patrol vehicles, sirens wailing.

“Here’s border patrol chasing Reynosa Cartel members right next to the Butterfly center which openly supports illegal immigration and sex trafficking of women and children. Come on butterfly center we did our homework,” he wrote.

A tweet the next day read, “What’s not funny @NatButterflies is how you decline to comment on the rampant sex trade taking place on your property and the death bodies? Any comment? Or is it all for the butterflies? Should I post the govt reports of such crimes or maybe we’ll give it to the media!”
Truly reprehensible people. They were stealing money, while accusing an environmentalist of being a child trafficker.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Huh. Prob swings Vermont to the dem column...
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:25 pm Huh. Prob swings Vermont to the dem column...
Ha. I've gotten into some discussions with people about Vermont Republicans. They should sue over the GOP moniker as they are truly old skool Republicans. The only "regular" Republicans have been carpetbaggers.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

More to this??
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

psunate77 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:07 am
More to this??
Sounds like a loud and public cry for help that the two very driven parents decided to listen to.

Sad, very sad.

But it would have been a fascinating "Black Mirror" or sci-fi movie if it were written before phones and social media took over people's lives.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Huh. I thought her mother banned her from social media months ago.

Just scrolled her Twitter. She does not pull any punches! She's better than half the journalists in America right now. A sample...

And it doesn't stop there. She's brave. And I hope she gets the help and assistance she needs.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Watch her TikTok videos.. Something else

https://www.tiktok.com/@datjerseygirl?lang=en
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Trump got to be livid today, first Kellyann resigns the night before the convention, then this..

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/two-do ... onvention/

Two Dozen Former GOP Lawmakers come out against him.
Fox News reports that the list of former GOP lawmakers is headlined by Jeff Flake, the former Arizona senator who frequently clashed with the president before retiring in 2018.

The other Republicans endorsing Biden are former Sens. John Warner of Virginia, Gordon Humphrey of New Hampshire, and former Reps. Steve Bartlett of Texas, Bill Clinger of Pennsylvania, Tom Coleman of Missouri, Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, Charles Djou of Hawaii, Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma, Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland, Jim Greenwood of Pennsylvania, Bob Inglis of South Carolina, Jim Kolbe of Arizona, Steve Kuykendall of California, Ray LaHood of Illinois, Jim Leach of Iowa, Connie Morella of Maryland, Mike Parker of Mississippi, Jack Quinn of New York, Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island, Chris Shays of Connecticut, Peter Smith of Vermont, Alan Steelman of Texas, Bill Whitehurst of Virginia, Dick Zimmer of New Jersey, and Jim Walsh of New York.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Some rabbit hole led me to Claudia Conway's Twitter yesterday, and she is damned brutal towards her mother. While George attacks Trump in publicly opposing what his wife says on TV, she directly attacks her mother in the most brutal ways. If she was an adult, I'd say it's beautiful, but coming from a 15 year old girl against her extremely public mother, it's just devastatingly sad. Being a 15 year old girl is hard enough, but to pile on your mother being the most disgusting mouthpiece for Trump is unbearable. Then having your inner-circle father, a Republican, constantly blasting the Republican President your mother is a spokesperson for... That's just too much for a kid.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Feels like there's a lot of David Berman in this.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:35 am Feels like there's a lot of David Berman in this.
Well, according to wiki, Berman became estranged from his father in “about 2006”, the year he turned 39, so that’s a bit different.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Senate committee made criminal referral of Trump Jr., Bannon, Kushner, two others to federal prosecutors

This is from last week. I'm not sure we talked about it much. Insane that the bipartisan Russia report isn't just a blockbuster that upends the newscycle for weeks.

I swear. The next AG better handle this shit.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pmI swear. The next AG better handle this shit.
My one disappointment in seeing Kamala Harris being nominated for VP is that it means she can't be named AG.

I wonder if Adam Schiff or Eric Swalwell would want the job though.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:47 am Some rabbit hole led me to Claudia Conway's Twitter yesterday, and she is damned brutal towards her mother. While George attacks Trump in publicly opposing what his wife says on TV, she directly attacks her mother in the most brutal ways. If she was an adult, I'd say it's beautiful, but coming from a 15 year old girl against her extremely public mother, it's just devastatingly sad. Being a 15 year old girl is hard enough, but to pile on your mother being the most disgusting mouthpiece for Trump is unbearable. Then having your inner-circle father, a Republican, constantly blasting the Republican President your mother is a spokesperson for... That's just too much for a kid.
Agreed. There have been a few folks across the interwebs and in here that have called out the Lincoln Project grift, but man, nothing like a takedown from your own daughter:

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am
mister d wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:35 am Feels like there's a lot of David Berman in this.
Well, according to wiki, Berman became estranged from his father in “about 2006”, the year he turned 39, so that’s a bit different.
I think that's when he cut off all contact, not when they began having issues due to his work.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 pm
Johnnie wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pmI swear. The next AG better handle this shit.
My one disappointment in seeing Kamala Harris being nominated for VP is that it means she can't be named AG.

Don't be surprised if it's Catherine Cortez-Masto as AG, especially now that Nevada has a Democratic governor to replace her. I think she'd be pretty good. Definitely some backbone.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Wow, I hadn't seen that stuff about Claudia Conway seeking emancipation. That's sad all around. I guess that was finally what it took for her parents to maybe begin to acknowledge the fucked-up life they've created for themselves and their kids.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Don't be surprised if it's Catherine Cortez-Masto as AG, especially now that Nevada has a Democratic governor to replace her. I think she'd be pretty good. Definitely some backbone.
I thought swallwell was great in hearings.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

I would love to see Katie Porter or Tlaib from Michigan as AG, but Biden go to win first and with DeJoy not putting machines back and now CDC not recommending asymptomatic testing things are all against the Dems in Nov.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

psunate77 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:07 am

I would love to see Katie Porter or Tlaib from Michigan as AG, but Biden go to win first and with DeJoy not putting machines back and now CDC not recommending asymptomatic testing things are all against the Dems in Nov.
My biggest concern is the fallout if Trump loses and declares the election illegitimate. His base will believe him and all hell will break loose. Curious to see how the GOP, especially those in the Senate respond. On the one hand, Trump loses whatever power he holds over them, and I don't see how they could strong arm their way into keeping Trump in power. I think its more likely the Dems win the Senate than beat Trump, so if Biden wins, I think it's almost guaranteed the Dems take the Senate, so the GOP Senators can't continue to protect Trump. I still think they doubled down on hundreds of horrible things, so they can't ever break and admit they were wrong the first 1000 times.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

My biggest quibble with "Trump will declare the election illegitimate and the R's will follow" is that it would fly in the face of the downticket R's who do win legitimately. Would they really go along with the charade if they secured their seats through legitimate means? There's no upside for them. Of course it might just turn into some dumb "elections only count when R's win" theater.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 am My biggest quibble with "Trump will declare the election illegitimate and the R's will follow" is that it would fly in the face of the downticket R's who do win legitimately. Would they really go along with the charade if they secured their seats through legitimate means? There's no upside for them. Of course it might just turn into some dumb "elections only count when R's win" theater.

This is basically what happened in the Kentucky Governor's race. EVERY SINGLE DOWNTICKET republican won their race, but Bevin didn't. He said on Election night there were some "irregularities" and didn't concede immediately, but like you said, no one else was willing to stick their neck out for a guy who was the only R that couldn't get it done.
Last edited by A_B on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I will not be shocked by actual bloodshed in the streets on and after election day like we're some 3rd world country.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:59 am I will not be shocked by actual bloodshed in the streets on and after election day like we're some 3rd world country.
(I think it happens election day)
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:59 am I will not be shocked by actual bloodshed in the streets on and after election day like we're some 3rd world country.
Do you blame them? Biden is personally going to show up at their homes and take their guns.

I said it before, if Biden did two things, he would assure himself victory. 1) Legalize weed.. 2) said he is for self protection and the second ammendment
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

psunate77 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm
Do you blame them? Biden is personally going to show up at their homes and take their guns.

I said it before, if Biden did two things, he would assure himself victory. 1) Legalize weed.. 2) said he is for self protection and the second ammendment
It doesn't matter if he tattoos it on his forehead they're just going to lie anyway.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Yes, I blame adults who literally cannot comprehend that a systematic door to door confiscation isn't possible.

Just like when Obama didn't do it. It's bullshit fearmongering.

And it may mean nothing overall, but I just wish a damn politician would go on the and state it outright in very clear words: "Your politicians are fucking lying to you. I'm not going to confiscate your guns. The second amendment is going nowhere. But the NRA? THEY stole your money and used it to live lavish lifestyles, be lobbyists for gun manufacturers, and NOT be lobbyists for you, the gun owner."
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

So Melanie is going to speak at convention. I have a belief that she is desperate for a divorce, and shortly after they are out of office she’ll file. I can therefore imagine a pathway where she ranks the speech on purpose.

Fantasy, I know, but a boy can dream.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Square Rob wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:44 pm So Melanie is going to speak at convention. I have a belief that she is desperate for a divorce, and shortly after they are out of office she’ll file. I can therefore imagine a pathway where she ranks the speech on purpose.

Supposedly (according to recent books/stories), their pre-nup was redone after he won the presidency, so while I don't doubt she's desperate to get out I don't think she'd do anything that would risk her potential payday though ideally there won't be anything left of his "empire" after the NYAG, SDNY and everyone else is done with him post-election.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:56 pm
Square Rob wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:44 pm So Melanie is going to speak at convention. I have a belief that she is desperate for a divorce, and shortly after they are out of office she’ll file. I can therefore imagine a pathway where she ranks the speech on purpose.

Supposedly (according to recent books/stories), their pre-nup was redone after he won the presidency, so while I don't doubt she's desperate to get out I don't think she'd do anything that would risk her potential payday though ideally there won't be anything left of his "empire" after the NYAG, SDNY and everyone else is done with him post-election.
I'm sure he will try to find a way to bury his assets. I know he claims Mar-a-Lago as his primary residence, and in Florida primary residences are untouchable in civil lawsuits, which is why people like OJ, investment bankers and the main partner in the law firm I used to work for live in insanely expensive houses in Florida to protect their assets. He somehow also has a tax-avoidance scheme in Mar-a-Lago that forbids him from living there for more than something like 30 days a year, while simultaneously claiming it as a residence which requires living there for far more than 30 days a year (too lazy to look it up).
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

I saw a story yesterday on the NYT and didn't get a chance to share it, but apparently Don Jr shared with friends that he thinks his dad is going to lose and he fears that possibility of prosecution after.

Here is the story, and it is on the NYT if you have a subscription

https://theweek.com/speedreads/933371/d ... e-november

I originally thought this story was bull and they did deny it, but thinking of how much talking they all do, him telling people that is very possible.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

As has been reported repeatedly, most of the inner circle didn't think they were going to win in 2016. So, grain of salt and all that.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

To be clear, last night was terrifying. The open lawlessness from venue selection to the rest of it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:27 am To be clear, last night was terrifying. The open lawlessness from venue selection to the rest of it.
I'm a bit surprised about the lack of caring about the President delivering the acceptance speech at the WH, conducting a pardon and naturalization ceremony during the convention, and the Sec State delivering a speech while on a work trip to Jerusalem. All of that is tax money and public offices being used to directly benefit a campaign. Maybe it's my time as an ethics officer in a Federal agency, but these are all such clear blatant violations of law and ethics, some even criminal, yet there will be no consequences. That's what drives me nuts the most, is how he can blatantly violate so many laws and ethics requirements, and there is never any consequence, and it just deeper entrenches his belief that he is a dictator. It's hard to get anyone to care about something that seems trivial, but there is an enormous advantage in showing Trump at the WH, it has a psychological effect of making him seem more Presidential. The pardon and the naturalization were just disgusting blatant shows, and it's shameful that they used these people as props. Just shameful and disgusting. As for Pompeo, he recently signed a damned legal opinion memo defining the illegality of Executive branch employees making political speeches, even in their private capacity. But to complain about this ignores the 1000s of worse on-going violations committed every damned day. FFS, how is Jared still in the WH after failing 90+ attempts to fix his background investigation, then they have the audacity to attack Biden for nepotism!!! Seriously, I am going to lose my sanity by the time this election comes, and buckle up for the shit show when we have to wait 2 weeks for the mail in ballots to be counted. It'll be 2000 all over again, but instead of Bush campaign interns pretending to be protesters disrupting recounts, there will be armed fuckwits in the streets being cheered on by the Malignant Narcissist in Chief, whose mental illbess won't allow him to accept defeat. Or worse, he actually wins.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Yes to all that.

Terrifying.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Complete failure of a media scared into both-sidesism and focused more on entertainment than their actual responsibilities.