Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Why can't he drink a glass of water?

brian
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by brian »

Neurological decline.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:13 am Neurological decline.
This doesn't look so great either...

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Looked like he was having trouble standing.

Good.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Joe K wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:40 am I sure hope there aren’t any laws against Presidents criticizing public companies. Sometimes they deserve the criticism! I’d love to see Biden go hard after Amazon for its labor and antitrust practices—not that I expect him to do so.
There’s no laws against anyone criticizing anyone. One could be liable for defamation, but there are a complicated immunities that limit your right to sue an official for that.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

”White Boy Bob” wrote: The stairs that I ascended were very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, were very slippery. The last thing I was going to do is “fall”. Final ten feet I ra—
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'm not on twitter, so I really don't know - but does it have a spell check?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Pruitt wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

No, but web browsers and most phone keyboards do.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:25 pm
Pruitt wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

No, but web browsers and most phone keyboards do.
iPhone autocorrects “wimpier” into “wimpier”.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 am Take a suck of that, Donald.
Probably deserves its own thread. This is a BIG DEAL. Frankly stunned it was 6-3 majority.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don't know how to handle good news. More than half serious.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 am I don't know how to handle good news. More than half serious.
I keep flinching, waiting for the bad part to become known.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Right. "However, to qualify for these protections, you must have GAY branded on your hand as proof you're different" and then there are only three approved branding sites across the country and the fee is $35K and only hedgefund guys get it to exploit some known loopholes or something like that.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:35 am
mister d wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 am I don't know how to handle good news. More than half serious.
I keep flinching, waiting for the bad part to become known.
The bad part is that Roberts and Gorsuch simply went along with this so they could look more reasonable when they rule against DACA.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The echo chamber gets smaller and smaller...

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Former Swamper, who if I'm properly recalling the impetus for his joining, I'm so tantalizingly close to finding in those archived pages... Damn.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am
And if anyone tried to stop him from holding an event in an arena, he'd cry that his 1st Amendment Rights were being violated. So unfair, no President has ever been treated so badly. Sad.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And, not for nothing, but there TONS of options... almost infinite, really... where he could hold one of these outside. I've read/heard from dozens of experts that going from an indoor setting to an outdoor one drastically reduces the risk factor. To the extent that the outdoor rallies where the majority of people were wearing masks is going to be incredibly less risky than just one of these Fucking Moron Festivals.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:41 pm And, not for nothing, but there TONS of options... almost infinite, really... where he could hold one of these outside. I've read/heard from dozens of experts that going from an indoor setting to an outdoor one drastically reduces the risk factor. To the extent that the outdoor rallies where the majority of people were wearing masks is going to be incredibly less risky than just one of these Fucking Moron Festivals.
Excellent point, not sure why they won't do an outdoor rally. I wonder if they will let cult members wear masks during the rally. Trump won't like the optics of his whole crowd wearing masks.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its crazy to think about, but there will be a subset of those in attendance who believe the virus is real and deadly but will choose to attend without a mask to honor Trump.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:44 pm Its crazy to think about, but there will be a subset of those in attendance who believe the virus is real and deadly but will choose to attend without a mask to honor Trump.
Your love of Trump will protect you from the virus.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm Excellent point, not sure why they won't do an outdoor rally.
I can only come up with:

1) It would be an admission that they're making concessions for the virus (and science!)

2) Harder to fill a stadium than an arena
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

P.D.X. wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:58 pm
The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm Excellent point, not sure why they won't do an outdoor rally.
I can only come up with:

1) It would be an admission that they're making concessions for the virus (and science!)

Also going to be in the mid-90s in Tulsa. They'd be dropping like flies after a couple of hours in the sun.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I can only come up with:

Hard core YUP on point #1. Walking around the Denver airport, the white dudes not wearing masks almost universally had a shit eating, come at me bro grin on their smug prick ass faces.

There are middling stadiums all over the dang place (texas high school, mls sized venues, smaller college football stadia). Maybe he needs to be in venues that house professional sports teams??
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pm
I can only come up with:

Hard core YUP on point #1. Walking around the Denver airport, the white dudes not wearing masks almost universally had a shit eating, come at me bro grin on their smug prick ass faces.

There are middling stadiums all over the dang place (texas high school, mls sized venues, smaller college football stadia). Maybe he needs to be in venues that house professional sports teams??
I've heard reports a bunch of times that they make half empty venues look packed. I remember one event he bragged about the crowds, the lines outside that couldn't get in, while reporters showed video of sheets closing off large sections of the stands and nobody outside the venue. Maybe it's impossible to make even a small outdoor venue look packed.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:25 pm

I've heard reports a bunch of times that they make half empty venues look packed. I remember one event he bragged about the crowds, the lines outside that couldn't get in, while reporters showed video of sheets closing off large sections of the stands and nobody outside the venue. Maybe it's impossible to make even a small outdoor venue look packed.
They did this at a rally near one of our mines. Trump Jr and Guilfoyle were the draws and they got like 150 people, so all the camera shots were tight.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pmHard core YUP on point #1. Walking around the Denver airport, the white dudes not wearing masks almost universally had a shit eating, come at me bro grin on their smug prick ass faces.
I was sooooooo close on this one ...
mister d wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 amThe handshake will become a virtue signal for "anti-snowflake" performative-masculine shitheads.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I can only come up with:

While those are legitimate points (#2 in particular for his ego), at the 2012 DNC, they pulled the plug on Obama doing his speech at the Panthers' stadium at about 4pm the day before due to weather forecast of thunderstorms. He spoke at the basketball arena instead (where the first three days of the convention were held) and it dumped during the late afternoon when earlier events would have been underway at the stadium. They would have to have a backup venue ready, just to be safe.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This one might give Trump a stroke. And kudos to these guys for getting all the free airtime with these.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jesus. Wow.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Summary?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Trump is not well.

(You could have watched it like five times between our posts! This isn’t a dsafe complaint letter. )
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

There probably is something wrong with him. But you could make a video like that about any one of us if we were on camera as much as these guys are.

It’s like the Biden cognitive decline stuff. I was so nervous to actually see him speak after I'd been reading. But my wife had something on, and I was surprised to see how normal and intelligent he was.

If you watch Trump talk, yeah it’s terrible, but he seems fine from a physical or cognitive fitness perspective.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 am There probably is something wrong with him. But you could make a video like that about any one of us if we were on camera as much as these guys are.

It’s like the Biden cognitive decline stuff. I was so nervous to actually see him speak after I'd been reading. But my wife had something on, and I was surprised to see how normal and intelligent he was.

If you watch Trump talk, yeah it’s terrible, but he seems fine from a physical or cognitive fitness perspective.
I can tell you if you had filmed me 24 hours a day for my adult life you'd never see me drinking water like that.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

A_B wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 am There probably is something wrong with him. But you could make a video like that about any one of us if we were on camera as much as these guys are.

I can tell you if you had filmed me 24 hours a day for my adult life you'd never see me drinking water like that.
Because it would be bourbon?

The candidate is feeble was one of the bigger attacks against Biden planned by the Trump team so it's a good strategy to show Trump like this. Next up, have some ads to counter the Hunter attacks.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 am

Exactly. I get the point, but Trump ALWAYS sounds like he is struggling to find words and stops sentences halfway through. Part of that is he has no fucking clue what he is talking about and trails off, like when he talks about "the Cyber" or "the Nuclear," he doesn't finish the sentence, throws out half a phrase and stops. I've seen a couple videos of Trump on talk shows from 20-25 years ago, and it's shocking. He was actually discussing policies and sounding intelligent. Can't believe it is the same guy.
-Pruitt