Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by psunate77 »

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Pruitt »

I Created Veep and Even I Couldn’t Make the Last Week Upl
The suitable cultural reference here would be Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen, who, like Trump, is a huge and peculiarly colored guy who thinks he’s unbeatable and is an incorrigible dick-swinger.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This could go in so many threads, but I will go with this one.

Just, holy fuck:

duff
Donny

Post by duff »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 pm This could go in so many threads, but I will go with this one.

Just, holy fuck:

Finally, North Dakota is beating California in something! Way to give it to them libs! That surge was something to watch. Did the whole population become infected.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I think fallout from proximity to Sturgis bike thing, right?
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

We went to Yellowstone a couple of months ago and outside of the park and Jackson Hole there were very very few people wearing masks in WYO. We stopped in some podunk town to get gas and I was looked at very weirdly when I was filling the car. The gas station had a huge Trump/MAGA hat display in the window. My wife's college roommate lives in rural CO and they're very MAGA/antimask and now their town is seeing a surge, so I think it's just general "muy freadomms" rather than just a big event (though Sturgis probably helped.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Perfectly normal behavior

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

In my opinion all that's missing is Ellen.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Eh. Old white guy dance. Now, he's clearly high as a kite otherwise he'd never do that.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:28 pm We went to Yellowstone a couple of months ago and outside of the park and Jackson Hole there were very very few people wearing masks in WYO. We stopped in some podunk town to get gas and I was looked at very weirdly when I was filling the car. The gas station had a huge Trump/MAGA hat display in the window. My wife's college roommate lives in rural CO and they're very MAGA/antimask and now their town is seeing a surge, so I think it's just general "muy freadomms" rather than just a big event (though Sturgis probably helped.
My dad is pissed at the state of things in my hometown (SE Wyo). Says he’s one of the only people wearing a mask when he goes to the store.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I’m in Matt Gaetz country right now. I was surprised to see how many folks *were* wearing masks at the Walmart yesterday.

When I stopped at a McD’s for coffee about 20 miles from Baton Rouge, the white redneck-looking dudes were wearing masks. The Black men were not. Not what I was expecting.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I refuse to believe any of those people were not paid for their appearance. If you live in Beverly Hills and are Republican, you are not going to shit like that.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I regularly baffled by the weird Israel obsession with these people. I mean, they do realize that Israel is run by the jews, right?
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 am I regularly baffled by the weird Israel obsession with these people. I mean, they do realize that Israel is run by the jews, right?
They want a strong Israel to start the war that brings back the Messiah. Jesus ain't returning until there is a nuke dropped in the Middle East. I mean, it's in the Book of Revelations, FFS.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 am I regularly baffled by the weird Israel obsession with these people. I mean, they do realize that Israel is run by the jews, right?
I know we've talked about it before, but they believe the End Times are upon us and for that to happen Israel needs to be a Jewish state. They think we're living in Revelations and are actively rooting for the world to end (thus, who gives a fuck about climate change, etc., etc.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Right. This is another reason why people like Barr who are extremist Christians actively want a war with Iran.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 pm I think fallout from proximity to Sturgis bike thing, right?
Pretty sure they also held a massively attended state fair over the last few months, as well.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Looks like Texas is rigged

BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 am
They want a strong Israel to start the war that brings back the Messiah. Jesus ain't returning until there is a nuke dropped in the Middle East. I mean, it's in the Book of Revelations, FFS.
*Revelation

You're never going to win Swamp Jeopardy! with that kind of weak mistake.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

BSF21 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:58 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 am
*Revelation

You're never going to win Swamp Jeopardy! with that kind of weak mistake.
No one's gonna win swamp jeopardy if I have anything to say about it.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I almost cringed for him

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A lone voice in the audience yelling out "I have Fios!" would have killed.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm I almost cringed for him

I bet he hates it when he opens his cable bill and they've jacked his rate like 40$ and he spends 3 hours on the phone with them arguing about it and they relent and give him HBO for a month and that was chapter 13 in the art of the deal or some shit.

they're just like us guys!
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm
Why does he keep mocking the bad first pitch, does anyone care that an elderly public health official can't throw well? Oh, Trump is still butthurt that he is the only President not to throw out a first pitch. Answered my own question there.

It drives me nuts when he plays both sides here. He blames Fauci for being wrong by first saying not to get masks, then quotes Fauci when he refuses to wear a mask despite universal agreement that masks work. He constantly takes credit for all the steps to prevent the spread, then criticizes all of the steps (masks, quarantine, closing certain businesses...) yet blames the Dems or State governments for the downside of these measures. Infuriating.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Oh lol I had no idea what "Bad arm!" referred to. Thought Tony maybe had a pinched nerve or something.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... d6e0ce1dc7

Just chronicling the most recent chapter of the shitshow this administration embodies every fucking day.

I truly hate these people.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

JFC, his password was "maga2020" with no two-step verification. How much is he paying Rudy as his Cybersecurity consultant? He campaigned on Hillary using a private server (which was actually more secure than her government server), yet he conducts his work on a personal iPhone with no security measures. Amazing nobody has hacked his Twitter and sent Tweets, which is how he sends issues orders and communicates with world leaders. Except for when he later says his Tweets were jokes, and not policy decisions.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And that's why I call him the Troll in Chief!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I know this doesn't surprise anybody at this point. But, sometimes I stop and marvel at this man's capacity to tell lies when what he is saying is so obviously not the truth. He can say black is white and red is green and his supporters will back him up, anyway.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And another framing of that is that every time he does it and gets called on it, everyone that's not a raving lunatic supporter gets another reason not to vote for him.

Trump is the best weapon to end Trumpism.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Biden now running 2 points better than Obama in 2008 by the way.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:41 pm I know this doesn't surprise anybody at this point. But, sometimes I stop and marvel at this man's capacity to tell lies when what he is saying is so obviously not the truth. He can say black is white and red is green and his supporters will back him up, anyway.
It really is stunning to watch. He doesn't flinch.
Totally Kafkaesque
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Shirley wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm
sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:41 pm I know this doesn't surprise anybody at this point. But, sometimes I stop and marvel at this man's capacity to tell lies when what he is saying is so obviously not the truth. He can say black is white and red is green and his supporters will back him up, anyway.
Seriously. He retweeted this

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I’ve dealt with people like that in a few cases. Once or twice they were my clients. They’re salesmen. They think of words only as a means to an end, so they’ll say whatever is useful for them at the time. And they just assume everyone else is doing the same.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Wrong thread.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:23 am
I’ve dealt with people like that in a few cases. Once or twice they were my clients. They’re salesmen. They think of words only as a means to an end, so they’ll say whatever is useful for them at the time. And they just assume everyone else is doing the same.
That's called sociopathy. I grew up with a kid who was a pathological liar, and it drove me nuts. Everyone knew he lied about everything, but he seemingly never got caught, because he just refused to ever admit he was lying or back down from an exaggeration. He'd take it so far, everyone would just give up and placate him because there was no end. I really think he'd convince himself his lies were real because he couldn't let any of them go. It's like his ego couldn't handle admitting to himself he was a liar. I get the same visceral reaction to Trump's lies and it always brings me back to that kid. His other annoying quirk was constantly bragging about everything his family got for free because his father worked in purchasing for a company that did some sort of manufacturing or engineering or something. "I got ticket to this concert, FOR FREE!" I always thought it was sad his family had to accept handouts, because just about everything he had was free from some company trying to court his father's company's business. By the time we were in high school, I realized his father was just accepting bribes or his company severely lacked a gift policy.
-Pruitt