Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by psunate77 »

Trump finally did something I can support

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Johnnie »

I guess he's doing Zuckerfuck a favor by making Reels a thing.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

psunate77 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:41 am Oh Boy

Disappointed that this is the big PC.. This will never happen.

Read this thread...the level of corruption is mind-blowing...

LaPierre spent $3.6 million on car service...in 2 years! That's crazy...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Freedom isn't free!
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.49.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.49.09 AM.png (121.6 KiB) Viewed 525 times
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Looks like money laundering to me at first glance.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Travel agents are a necessary expense in the internet age... Ironically, the gun nuts should be furious at LaPierre and the NRA, but instead they will blame this on the Dems, and I'm sure Trump will call it a political witch hunt and a hoax. I'm thrilled seeing all the money wasted on lavishing LaPierre and his family and friends that would have otherwise been spent on funneling money into GOP campaigns. I saw the NRA raised $50 million in their PAC for Trump's campaign. Trump, the guy who still claims he self-funded his campaign while sending out obscene amounts of requests for contributions.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Joe K wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 pm Man you guys raise some good points. The decision this November is gonna be really tough!
At this point I know you just don’t like me and am mocking my posts but maybe read the thread first, dude. It’s a discussion started by Brian and others about the future of the GOP assuming a convincing Biden win. It has nothing to do with who to vote for in November.
I know things got a bit hot back then, but I didn't think it was enough to chase a guy away. This post from June 25th was Joe K's last one. I'm always sad when somebody who added something to the board quits us.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:20 pm
Joe K wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 pm Man you guys raise some good points. The decision this November is gonna be really tough!
At this point I know you just don’t like me and am mocking my posts but maybe read the thread first, dude. It’s a discussion started by Brian and others about the future of the GOP assuming a convincing Biden win. It has nothing to do with who to vote for in November.
I know things got a bit hot back then, but I didn't think it was enough to chase a guy away. This post from June 25th was Joe K's last one. I'm always sad when somebody who added something to the board quits us.
Aw shit
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I did rib him but didn't mean it to be personal. Sorry Joe!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Maybe he just died of COVID.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

COVID-PDX
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Borderline ironic, right? Biden Bros?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

What's going on?

Oh just a presidential press conference...at his golf club...on a Friday afternoon...during a global pandemic.

Doomed....
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I wish JoeK would come back.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The New Tone...
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:56 pm What's going on?

Oh just a presidential press conference...at his golf club...on a Friday afternoon...during a global pandemic.

Doomed....
What’s going on? Don’t look here, look there!

Friday Night Massacre: Postmaster General removes or reassigns 23 career officials at the USPS. He really is doing almost everything he can to steal the election but he’s not done yet.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Just further proof the best path forward is for Dem leadership to silently disappear and just wait until November.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Trump is signing a EO today for extended UE. People are praising him. Lol.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I actually am having one of those days where I don’t think he can be beaten due to the outright cheating that no one seems to want to stop.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

tennbengal wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:30 pm I actually am having one of those days where I don’t think he can be beaten due to the outright cheating that no one seems to want to stop.
Not the only one.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Trying to find mellow with this - but if votes are not counted...

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:36 pm
tennbengal wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:30 pm I actually am having one of those days where I don’t think he can be beaten due to the outright cheating that no one seems to want to stop.
Not the only one.
Same.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Always. If one side will cheat and the other side won’t stop them ...
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:35 pm Always. If one side will cheat and the other side won’t stop them ...
So...not trying to be a dick...but what can the Dem's do? Yell and scream on the Media? Impeach him again?

The System (such as it is) relies on the members of Trump's party standing up to him. Which, as we all saw earlier this year, is not going to happen.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I, for one, would love to see the "statesman" temperament go away.

A really well timed, "Fuck this fat, orange moron and his fucking bullshit" or a "This dumb sack of monkey shit says he's 'tough on Russia,' but his extremely soft and penetrable asshole has determined otherwise" on television every once in a while would be nice. Or at the very least, quote tweet him and go "No, you fucking ape. This isn't how it works."

I'm absolutely tired of the decorum. And I don't think acting like this would sway voters at all. The lameness of Democrats is akin to the class nerd constantly being handled by the class bully. I'm sick of it. Do something rude and don't apologize. That would be a good start for me.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

You could also publicly shame and harangue the weakest 4 Republican senators every time you're on TV and establish the meme that All it takes is the 4 of you to grow a fucking backbone, end McConnell's stranglehold on the Senate, and be a fucking American for once. Caucus with the Democrats and put a different individual as Majority Leader to help fix America. Otherwise, fuck you and fucking bullshit, you enabling pieces of shit.

Does the average American realize that that is possible? Probably not. Or fuck, you know that 7 senators visited Russia a couple years back on the 4th of July? And Rand Paul went there to personally meet with Putin and hand him some sort of letter?

Senator AOC would call this shit out. Not a peep elsewhere.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Failing all of that, they could write legislation to protect the postal service, including overturning that 75-year retirement fund bullshit, etc., shout from the mountaintops about the November election and absentee/mail-in ballots, and on and on and on.

I know the legislation will never get acted upon, but the can open their mouths and never shut up about it.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

He probably thinks people were cheering for him refusing to answer and owning the libs by walking out.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Seems pretty disrespectful by Paula Reid. There is a time and place for that type of questioning. This wasn’t it.

😝
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

EO or not. Does Trump even have the power to cut the payroll tax without Congress??
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:13 pm He probably thinks people were cheering for him refusing to answer and owning the libs by walking out.
But they were, weren't they?

He was at his golf club surrounded by customers.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:47 pm
A_B wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:13 pm He probably thinks people were cheering for him refusing to answer and owning the libs by walking out.

Oh. I thought the cheering started when she pressed him.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:51 pm
Pruitt wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:47 pm

Oh. I thought the cheering started when she pressed him.
If only there was a way to find out the truth...

I'll check Fox and see!
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

They were cheering him.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:33 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:36 pm
Not the only one.
Same.
I’m resigned to this as well. And when the election is over, it will only get worse. I’m going to vote in person because I don’t believe my absentee ballot will be counted, but I live in NJ so it won’t even matter.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:58 pm
mister d wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:35 pm Always. If one side will cheat and the other side won’t stop them ...
So...not trying to be a dick...but what can the Dem's do? Yell and scream on the Media? Impeach him again?

The System (such as it is) relies on the members of Trump's party standing up to him. Which, as we all saw earlier this year, is not going to happen.
Bingo. I’m reading people say Dem leadership is hiding. Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden have all talked about the USPS thing - Biden even got slammed by factcheck.org for pushing a baseless conspiracy theory that Trump was kneecapping the Postal Service to impede voting by mail.

Plus, sure they could all scream about this. Make it a singular focus. Then we’d hear how the Dems are hiding out instead of talking about Covid. Or unemployment. Or health care. Or billionaires. Or Russia. Or emoluments. Or tax returns. Or obstruction of justice. Or Trump’s constant lying.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.