Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 pm Anyone else get the postcard with “PRESIDENT TRUMP’S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA”? With a little tiny CDC in the bottom corner?
Yes. So fucked up.
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Johnnie »

This is a really good impression:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I've started a new thing in dealing with Trumpers on Facebook and it seems to drive them nuts so thought I'd pass it along. Be very nice and very serene and tell them that you'll pray for them to find the wisdom to admit that Trump isn't up to the job of leading the country through this crisis and they I hope through prayer they realize the best thing is for him to step aside for the good of all Americans. Used it three times this morning and people are going apeshit.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Welp, he finally got around to accusing healthcare workers of ___________.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe suggest he meant the metro area. Alas it’s only 25MM.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 095995002/

They are flatly admitting Trump was too "distracted" to deal with a pandemic.

Fucking morons.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:44 am https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 095995002/

Fucking morons.
OOOOOOH. Is this the part where they start distancing (A little late, which is on the nose)? I think Mitch is sweating a bit. A new book either just came out or is coming out soon from the guy that runs the most popular UK blog and radio show that goes county by county to show how Mitch has screwed up.

(And those fucking Gannet sites are a war crime.)
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:47 am (And those fucking Gannet sites are a war crime.)
You don't know the half of it. Don't get me started on that. One of the banes of my existence. Though the good news is as the Gannett sites are finally taken over by Gatehouse, they'll all be re-designed and the existing Gannett layouts will be going far, far away.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:47 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:44 am https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 095995002/

Fucking morons.
OOOOOOH. Is this the part where they start distancing (A little late, which is on the nose)? I think Mitch is sweating a bit. A new book either just came out or is coming out soon from the guy that runs the most popular UK blog and radio show that goes county by county to show how Mitch has screwed up.

(And those fucking Gannet sites are a war crime.)
Is that the guy who had Mitch on his program, after Mitch initially refused to go on, and Mitch started attacking the guy for no reason? Mitch came off as unhinged on that one.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I have to imagine someone has explained the optics to Trump if he goes golfing on a weekend where the death toll from COVID-19 could be more than 9/11, but the guy marches to the beat of his own drummer.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 am I have to imagine someone has explained the optics to Trump if he goes golfing on a weekend where the death toll from COVID-19 could be more than 9/11, but the guy marches to the beat of his own drummer.

I think golfing when 10 million people have lost their jobs in the last 2 weeks is not going to be a good look.

But hey, I'm not a super genius like them, so what do I know.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The oped I posted yesterday about McConnell admitting Trump fucked this all up highlights Trump golfing during the impeachment for good measure.

To me, that's the best example of "Trump bitched about this certain thing about Obama and has quadrupled down on it now that he's president."
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 am
To me, that's the best example of "Trump bitched about this certain thing about Obama and has quadrupled down on it now that he's president."
See...but Obama wore a tan suit...and ordered Dijon Mustard...so that was totally different.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 am The oped I posted yesterday about McConnell admitting Trump fucked this all up highlights Trump golfing during the impeachment for good measure.

And Obama never charged the Secret Service $45,000 to his own personal business every time he golfed. Or rented cottages to the Secret Service at $17,000/month on his own personal golf courses when those cottages have a market value of $1,700/month. How the fuck does that not get attention? Hell, the Secret Service ran through their annual budget in a matter of months when Trump first took office, and they went with the kids on overseas business trips and were forced to pay way over market for rooms on Trump properties. "But he donates his salary!"

On a rant related to my last sentence, my wife got a large mailing from the Trump campaign yesterday asking for donations. How does he still brag about being rich and not needing to rely on campaign donations, while he is constantly campaigning and begging for donations? Every MAGA hat is a campaign donation on his campaign website. Actually, I bet most are counterfeit, or at least I tell myself that to make me feel better.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The anti-Trump ads for the election just keep writing themselves. Honestly, the problem is too much good material.

(I don't believe in the myth of the "centrist" voter, but I DO think that the ads so far have mostly been aimed at people who might have been on the fence about Trump until this, as few of those folks as there maybe are. But even if there's only 70,000 in WI, MI and PA that's the ballgame. The sheer drumbeat of stupidity out of the White House to will drive down his numbers on his response to COVID-19 to at least the same as his overall approval rating, maybe even lower unless there's a miracle cure coming soon.)
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

brian wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm The anti-Trump ads for the election just keep writing themselves. Honestly, the problem is too much good material.

(I don't believe in the myth of the "centrist" voter, but I DO think that the ads so far have mostly been aimed at people who might have been on the fence about Trump until this, as few of those folks as there maybe are. But even if there's only 70,000 in WI, MI and PA that's the ballgame. The sheer drumbeat of stupidity out of the White House to will drive down his numbers on his response to COVID-19 to at least the same as his overall approval rating, maybe even lower unless there's a miracle cure coming soon.)
You're all going to laugh at me, but I still think there's about a 10-25 percent chance the GOP throws him overboard later this spring/early summer if things get bad enough. The second Trump's approval numbers consistently fall under that 40 percent barrier, they won't hesitate to ditch him. Donald Trump is not popular amongst the GOP insiders/elite, but they're not stupid. They know it would have been suicide up until now to take him on so they have to grin and bear it when Trump says the quiet parts out loud.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:01 pm
brian wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm The anti-Trump ads for the election just keep writing themselves. Honestly, the problem is too much good material.

You're all going to laugh at me, but I still think there's about a 10-25 percent chance the GOP throws him overboard later this spring/early summer if things get bad enough. The second Trump's approval numbers consistently fall under that 40 percent barrier, they won't hesitate to ditch him. Donald Trump is not popular amongst the GOP insiders/elite, but they're not stupid. They know it would have been suicide up until now to take him on so they have to grin and bear it when Trump says the quiet parts out loud.
I'm not laughing at all, but I find that highly unlikely.

One thing that the cult of personality has done is thrown all the other Republicans into the shade. I don;t know who they can pick to ride in on a white private jet to replace the asshole.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It wouldn’t be Pence that’s for sure but with the chance to handpick a candidate at the convention they’d go for an insider Nazi like Tom Cotton. It’s fantastical I admit but this could be a best-case scenario for the GOP to complete the fascist takeover. Those hardcore Trump supporters aren’t gonna stay home once Fox News starts to throw Trump under the bus as well. They’ll leak his Ritalin abuse, they’ll leak it all.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Counterpoint: there is no Republican Party any more. It’s just the Trump Party. In the red hinterland strongholds, anyway.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:01 pm Counterpoint: there is no Republican Party any more. It’s just the Trump Party. In the red hinterland strongholds, anyway.
With four or five months of Fox News telling them what to think they’ll fall in line. Trump is a symptom, not the disease.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

(Laughing.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

These people were brainwashed long before Trump and they’ll likely be brainwashed long after.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:58 am These people were brainwashed long before Trump and they’ll likely be brainwashed long after.
They’re united in their fear and hatred of liberalism. So they’ll stick with whoever leads the fight against it.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

When is someone gonna bother to confirm that Trump has a piece of the action for hydroxchloroquines?

And when it is confirmed, just how deeply concerned is Susan Collins going to be?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Can't imagine other "Wartime Presidents" prioritizing their time like this idiot.

duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 pm Can't imagine other "Wartime Presidents" prioritizing their time like this idiot.

If he only could understand that advertising is down because of his moronic approach to the virus be a major cause of the economy dropping like the majority of us have never seen before.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

He doesn't do anything that's not lining his or his family's pockets.

Major Producer of Hydroxychloroquine Once Paid Michael Cohen Hefty Sum for Access to Trump
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

eh. It’s a generic drug. All those companies are assholes and all could start making it yesterday.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

This explanation makes sense...

Inside Trump’s embrace of a risky drug against coronavirus
He hears about the controversial anti-malarial drug on the phone from friends in New York, including from his personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani. He hears about it in White House meetings from some advisers eager to please the boss, who share anecdotes of the drug working on covid-19 patients. And he hears about it on television, from physicians on Fox News Channel panels who tout its efficacy.

In fact, Fox host Laura Ingraham and two doctors who are regular on-air guests in what she dubs her “medical cabinet” visited the White House last Friday for a private meeting with Trump to talk up the drug, according to two White House officials and another person familiar with the meeting.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Christ, I'm trying to avoid looking at this stuff, but I think this is a meltdown:

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I believe this is known as 'rats leaving the sinking ship'...

Trade Adviser Warned White House in January of Risks of a Pandemic
A memo from Peter Navarro said failure to contain a coronavirus outbreak could lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars in economic losses. It is the most direct warning known to have circulated at a key moment among top administration officials.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The new White House Press Secretary!

We are so fucking doomed...
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 am The new White House Press Secretary!

We are so fucking doomed...
Man, of all the early Trump supporters on the 24 hour news networks, she was the most ridiculous/least credible. So much so, she all but disappeared for several years. Can't believe how low standards for Press Secretary have fallen. Then again, it's not like Spicer of Huckabee-Sanders comported themselves with any dignity.
-Pruitt