Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

Biden’s weekly appearance was to talk about his dad driving a fucking car. There’s fighting a fight you can’t win (impeachment) and there’s abdicating. Impotent press releases are the latter.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

Or do you need me to say that something the fight is more important than the result and that not all historical gains came from outright first time victories?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pass your relief bill, know it’s going to fail in the senate and then make a show of refusing to engage in anything until they address your demands. Not by imposing a law that doesn’t exist to get it passed, by standing outside wherever and creating a spectacle the press covers.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Make sure your sound is on.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Does even know what just happened??
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Some say he's still smiling at this very moment.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I love that Trump's name in a mirror looks Russian
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 pm Some say he's still smiling at this very moment.
This cracked me up.

I'd love to see the next 5-10 seconds as he realized (if he realized) what happened. Maybe he has the restraint to ignore it and not create a bigger scene and smile and walk away.

BTW, I watched Fear City, a Netflix 3 episode docu-series on the FBI's use of surveillance and the RICO Act to take down heads of the NYC Crime families in the 80s. Rudy was the US Attorney for the SDNY at the time, and largely responsible for the success of the prosecutions. It was absolutely amazing seeing interviews with a young Rudy after seeing him the last couple of years. He was highly intelligent, sharp and savvy. Even had a full head of hair! Just such a stark contrast makes it obvious that he either had a mental breakdown or some cognitive degenerate illness. Also fun (for me) to see former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff as a young gun prosecutor. In his late 20s, Chertoff was completely bald and looked like a poorly aging 50 year old.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:32 am
Johnnie wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 pm Some say he's still smiling at this very moment.
This cracked me up.

I'd love to see the next 5-10 seconds as he realized (if he realized) what happened. Maybe he has the restraint to ignore it and not create a bigger scene and smile and walk away.

BTW, I watched Fear City, a Netflix 3 episode docu-series on the FBI's use of surveillance and the RICO Act to take down heads of the NYC Crime families in the 80s. Rudy was the US Attorney for the SDNY at the time, and largely responsible for the success of the prosecutions. It was absolutely amazing seeing interviews with a young Rudy after seeing him the last couple of years. He was highly intelligent, sharp and savvy. Even had a full head of hair! Just such a stark contrast makes it obvious that he either had a mental breakdown or some cognitive degenerate illness. Also fun (for me) to see former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff as a young gun prosecutor. In his late 20s, Chertoff was completely bald and looked like a poorly aging 50 year old.
Yeah, I will even say NYC actually ran really well under him compared to now, but he has really gone off the deep end the last few years.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I had no idea David Cross had a stand up that came out within the last year.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 am

All of those things could have been said 3 years ago, just the correlating images are more recent examples (in some cases).
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:33 am
Johnnie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 am

All of those things could have been said 3 years ago, just the correlating images are more recent examples (in some cases).
Yeah, it's from his special/tour from 2017 I believe.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It's from "Oh, Come On" released on Netflix in 2018, but from his 2017 tour.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm watching on Prime right now and it says it was filmed in 2018 but came to Prime in 2019.

I think the one from Netflix is Making America Great Again! where when he's saying shit about Trump and a woman actually gets up and leaves in the middle of it.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:44 am I'm watching on Prime right now and it says it was filmed in 2018 but came to Prime in 2019.

I think the one from Netflix is Making America Great Again! where when he's saying shit about Trump and a woman actually gets up and leaves in the middle of it.
OK, that sounds right. I knew it was around 2017/2018. I don't think he's toured or done anything new in a couple of years.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The part that starts about :20 is too on the nose.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

"signed them like they're butter"
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Staged?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

This is not really directed at you man, but I could not possibly be more tired of the overly magnified parsing of every fucking thing this fuckhead does or says or tweets.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wet
And
Powerful
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Eh. I think the original works.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:01 pm Eh. I think the original works.
Well,
Actually
Pal...
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

At least he's focusing on the important issues.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

This is why people who believe in the deep, hidden conspiracies drive me crazy.

Look at what's happening in plain sight! Get mad at these things rather than fanciful nonsense.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 pm This is why people who believe in the deep, hidden conspiracies drive me crazy.

Look at what's happening in plain sight! Get mad at these things rather than fanciful nonsense.
And they will call that Postal Worker "Deep State", as if he is nefarious for pointing out that the Admin is actively working to make sure a vital government agency can't function. Then Republicans will point to the USPS as an example of government doesn't work, so we need to privatize everything.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Trump says he’s blocking Postal Service funding because Democrats want to expand mail-in voting during pandemic
“Now, they need that money in order to make the post office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo. He added: “Now, if we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money. That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting, they just can’t have it.”
Lukashenko would be proud.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Susan Collins: [dramatic frown]
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:32 pm Trump says he’s blocking Postal Service funding because Democrats want to expand mail-in voting during pandemic
“Now, they need that money in order to make the post office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo. He added: “Now, if we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money. That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting, they just can’t have it.”
Lukashenko would be proud.
If a secret recording came out with him saying this, it'd be a scandal, but he says it on national TV and it goes unchecked. Every damn time.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If only there were anyone tasked with fighting against this sort of thing.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:08 pm If only there were anyone tasked with fighting against this sort of thing.
I'm sure another Inspector General is about to get fired, and no replacement will get appointed. Amazing how the job of an IG is ultimately under the President, whose administration the IG investigates. Nobody thought to create a system where a corrupt President couldn't just remove the people charged with weeding out corruption. Again, Congress has the ability to call this into question and hold the President accountable, but nobody thought a Congress would ever be so beholden to Party loyalty that they wouldn't do their jobs. We should have seen it with Nixon, as Congress initially hesitated, but enough Republicans stood up to tip the balance.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Good thing she gets only 60 seconds at the DNC conference!

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:08 pm If only there were anyone tasked with fighting against this sort of thing.
There is. It's called Congress. What have you done to help the Democrats get a majority in the Senate?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:30 pm Good thing she gets only 60 seconds at the DNC conference!

That chyron says it all.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:32 pmThere is. It's called Congress. What have you done to help the Democrats get a majority in the Senate?
Made a weekly drive to West Virginia so I could enthusiastically in-person canvas for Joe Manchin.

Like what does that even mean? I've done my part in voting every time for the D, be it corporate compromise or other, and that's gotten me exactly here.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And I prooooooomise you, if the progressive movement ever breaks off into a viable 3rd party that isn't beholden to corporations, the Dems won't have a chance at obligating my vote ever again. Biden + Harris is their cake-and-eat-it-too phase, we'll see where it gets them.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 pm Like what does that even mean? I've done my part in voting every time for the D, be it corporate compromise or other, and that's gotten me exactly here.
We know you know that you can do things like volunteering and donating.