Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

People don't give money or time to organizations they don't believe in.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:16 pm People don't give money or time to organizations they don't believe in.
Ah, you won't support change until there's change.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

What was the over/under on this?

Trump stokes Kamala Harris 'birther' theory
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Oooh, this ought to be entertaining!

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Who fucking cares? Why is this even a story? Is one single person going to hear the stories here, real or false, and say “that’s the last straw!”? Might as well be Trump releasing it himself. Here guys look at the birdie while we’ve got guys out shooting our own citizens and rounding up mailboxes to steal an election.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's nice for a day for a salacious headline, but this isn't fixing the Post Office sabotage.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:50 am It's nice for a day for a salacious headline, but this isn't fixing the Post Office sabotage.
Just more misdirection from the truly important stuff. And our media just gobbles it up and regurgitates it for retweets, likes, and unique visitors.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I don't know about y'all, but I'm reading way more about the Post Office stuff than this book.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm What was the over/under on this?

This is perfect. Seriously. You want to further alienate suburban moms? Remind them of the bullshit Obama birther stuff.

Keep yapping Trump.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 am

This is perfect. Seriously. You want to further alienate suburban moms? Remind them of the bullshit Obama birther stuff.

Keep yapping Trump.
He thinks the birther shit is what got him elected. And in many senses, he is probably right. I don't think that note is going to hit again, but he can't run on his record, and he can no longer run on changing a broken system. They are grasping for straws, and there really isn't much to grasp here.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:22 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 am

Keep yapping Trump.
He thinks the birther shit is what got him elected. And in many senses, he is probably right. I don't think that note is going to hit again, but he can't run on his record, and he can no longer run on changing a broken system. They are grasping for straws, and there really isn't much to grasp here.
My concern is that all these "littler" things get combined to greater effect, not to minimize the birther stuff. The birther stuff plays well with his base in small towns... where there won't be concerns over voting in person due to COVID and not as many people will request mail-in ballots due to long lines being an impossibility.

How much does the voting turnout need to get altered in cities in swing states (long wait times, mail chicanery, concern over COVID and social distancing to turn people off from in-person voting) to have a tangible effect on the results?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Right. And I think a bunch of people that aren't hard core Trump ppl voted for him despite that type of bullshit. They either didn't really track it, or they ignored it because they didn't like Hillary or bought into the drain the swamp bullshit.

And now, people are just sick of his act. He's playing "the hits," but people are just sick of it. Ppl want some semblance of normalcy at this point. He is the chaos king.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Trump retweeted this...

Did a quick Google for "Trump Lion" and this came up near the top:

Trump tweets 2020 campaign logo linked to alt-right and white supremacy groups
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sure would be a shame if he ends up killing his brother.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The great feminist speaks!!!

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 pm The great feminist speaks!!!

Yet he couldn't be bothered to honor John Lewis last week. Or even acknowledge his life, because Lewis didn't go to his inauguration.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Taken literally, that says we should build a statue of women who voted for Trump. Which might be really funny.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

mister d wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:57 pm Taken literally, that says we should build a statue of women who voted for Trump. Which might be really funny.
One could be calling the police for black people having a picnic, one could be putting raisins in cole slaw...
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

You've come a long way, Suburban Housewives.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

We already knew it, but the graphic helps to illustrate.

Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas...
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Governor just announced Kentucky will have early in-person voting beginning Oct 13 for anyone in Kentucky. No reason needed. Deal struck with the Republican Secretary of State.

I'm not sure what recourse, if any, our state legislature has to overturn, but they will try.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm We already knew it, but the graphic helps to illustrate.

I dunno. People will get their ballots in one way or another. For those who vote by mail, won’t they be mailing them within the town or county where they live? Maybe some ballots will be delayed, but I really think the left side is freaking out a little too much.

(Which I suppose is a good thing if it makes people focus on the need to mail early.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

CO does the drop-box thing, which seems like an obvious solution.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:24 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm We already knew it, but the graphic helps to illustrate.

I dunno. People will get their ballots in one way or another. For those who vote by mail, won’t they be mailing them within the town or county where they live? Maybe some ballots will be delayed, but I really think the left side is freaking out a little too much.

(Which I suppose is a good thing if it makes people focus on the need to mail early.)
isn't the issue not about people getting their ballots, but rules concerning counting returned ballots in terms of when they are postmarked and when they are received by the election boards in various counties? i think there is plenty to be worried about but i agree that if this is made an issue and it leads to more conscientious behavior by the electorate, then there still might be a chance to save our republic.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

If people are in a state that requires ballots to be received by election day, then yeah, they should get their ballots in early, use a dropbox, or vote in person.

Luckily there are enough people who care about the outcome who will volunteer to make calls to voters to make sure they do that.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

steve, good lord, that's a bit tone deaf. Ballots in many states have to be RECEIVED by election day to count. The more he slows that down in blue areas, the more he games the system.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:07 pm steve, good lord, that's a bit tone deaf. Ballots in many states have to be RECEIVED by election day to count. The more he slows that down in blue areas, the more he games the system.
Ballots slower to arrive in people's hands, slower to get returned...

No, it's totally fine.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I searched my county Board of Elections and found multiple drop box locations. If they don't get my ballot in the mail on time, I'll just suck it up and go to my local spot in person.

What the Dems need to do is push those two bullets, non-stop, for the next 2.5 months.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:05 pm If people are in a state that requires ballots to be received by election day, then yeah, they should get their ballots in early, use a dropbox, or vote in person.

Luckily there are enough people who care about the outcome who will volunteer to make calls to voters to make sure they do that.
slowing down the mail now could lead to the failure to postmark many ballots by election day, disenfranchising a lot of voters who legally should not be disenfranchised. if they do submit ballots by the deadline but the USPS can't literally postmark them in a timely fashion because the trump admin wants it that way, people will lose their voting rights.in pa, i think they have to be received by the election board by 8pm election day, unless a federal court allows a 3 day grace period. while everyone should get their ballots in with enough time, the trump admin is arbitrarily fucking with how that process works, and that isn't consistent with the spirit of the rule of law, so yeah, i think there should be some worry.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I honestly think this shit is going to backfire. It's going to piss off a lot of folks that might've been "meh, whatever" about voting into sending a fuck you message to Trump.

You can't fuck with Americans like this. It's not a sustainable path to re-election.

I know I come off as Pollyanna sometimes, but they would be so much better off if it wasn't Trump out front on all of this. The fact that he said, on the record, that he's actively working to suppress the vote... That's not how you're supposed to fraud, folks. He's a ratfuck and he's too stupid to keep his Fucking Moron mouth shut, and that's not going to work in the end.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, I’m seeing lots of Trump-supporting ads on my Facebook feed these days. I finally couldn’t take it anymore when I got one that accused the Biden campaign of “outright corruption”. I commented, “Trump accuses someone else of corruption??? That’s high comedy!” (That last part was an homage to Hood* and one of his favorite sayings.)

Anyway, you wouldn’t believe how many wack job nerves I appear to have hit, based on the replies.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

My uncle who lives outside of Dallas and is a big time republican told me last night he is voting for Biden and that gives me great hope. He also says most of his friends that are Republicans are going for Biden makes me wonder if DT has lost his party?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I’m curious - how often do folks here walk from their homes or offices to use the curbside US Mail drop boxes? Not including the ones that are at post offices.

I don’t think I’ve used one in years.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:13 am I’m curious - how often do folks here walk from their homes or offices to use the curbside US Mail drop boxes? Not including the ones that are at post offices.

That's literally how I mail everything (if not at the actual post-office itself). But if I am mailing something it probably has value/confidentiality so I don't feel great about just leaving it at our mailboxes for pick-up.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Our suburb is so small, I don't recall seeing a mailbox anywhere other than the post office (the police department serves our town and the other one that makes up our school district). Of course, I'm not worried about voting in my town because it is small, but has lots of resources at their disposal. Larger cities (even Syracuse itself) are much more concerning.

Also, when you fuck with the USPS, you are fucking with TimGod, who was my friend before I introduced him to the Swamp.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think all of this is a show to give a “legal” out for Trump stealing the election. They’ll do whatever they need to, including outright refusal to allow voting or count ballots, and enough people will say “well, he won because of the post office thing, that was bad but not illegal and a lesson learned for next time” and move on.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:13 am I’m curious - how often do folks here walk from their homes or offices to use the curbside US Mail drop boxes? Not including the ones that are at post offices.

Fellow white affluent males, climate change can't be real, it snowed in Provo three years ago!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.