Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

L-Jam3
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by L-Jam3 »

Between the boats sinking and Charlie Kirk saying Biden is the most corrupt VP in history, #Dumbkirk is trending.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part V - All Hail King Donald, First of his name

Post by Johnnie »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:47 am Between the boats sinking and Charlie Kirk saying Biden is the most corrupt VP in history, #Dumbkirk is trending.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ha! Like lying to Congress is punishable.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

You'd think that hosting "Wheel of Fortune" would have taught Chuck Woolery how to spell.

Also, why would Trump repost this "phony" (sic) picture?

Moscow Mitch can't be pleased...

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Looks like Trump is about to lose another friend to the prison system.. Postmaster General DeJoy under investigation by the State of NC for campaign fraud and soon by the FBI.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am You'd think that hosting "Wheel of Fortune" would have taught Chuck Woolery how to spell.

Apparently Kevin McCarthy went to Trump and told him the sabotage of the USPS was killing him and Repubs.. McCarthy said Trump acted like he didn't care. Now this. It's fun to see.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am

It seems like Trump wants to embarrass Mitch into actions. Trump only cares when something makes him look bad, and he thinks this is how everyone operates.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

psunate77 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:43 pm Looks like Trump is about to lose another friend to the prison system.. Postmaster General DeJoy under investigation by the State of NC for campaign fraud and soon by the FBI.
Because I can't think of anything in non-conspiracy terms, I could very easily see this as a setup from the start.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:09 pm
psunate77 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:43 pm Looks like Trump is about to lose another friend to the prison system.. Postmaster General DeJoy under investigation by the State of NC for campaign fraud and soon by the FBI.
Because I can't think of anything in non-conspiracy terms, I could very easily see this as a setup from the start.
In a "hey, they got him" kind of way that distracts from the fact that the USPS is still being dismantled without him?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Again, that probably assumes that Trump is playing 4D chess, which I think has been proven time and time again as false. It's pretty easy to see that this was just laziness to vet a candidate for a patronage job where a Trump supporter would get to dismantle a competitor to his business interests. No different that appointing a former Monsanto executive to run the EPA.

There's no "plan" other than dismantling the federal government bit by bit as quickly as possible.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:24 pmIn a "hey, they got him" kind of way that distracts from the fact that the USPS is still being dismantled without him?
Yup. Maybe take a small hit by fessing up to improper vetting/oversight of a guy with a financial interest in the damage but distance from the damage itself.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Does the woodward stuff move the needle?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics ... index.html
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Trump's supporters just say, "Fake news. You can't trust the media."
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 am Trump's supporters just say, "Fake news. You can't trust the media."
He's got the tapes, though.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:20 am
sancarlos wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 am Trump's supporters just say, "Fake news. You can't trust the media."
You know they just don't care.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Once in a while you see something good on facebook. A friend of mine posted this. I think it states clearly what we all realize intuitively.
The question was asked why people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does. This was a lady named Bev’s answer:
“You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence. They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period. He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it. The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.
If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.
Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense? Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fuck liberals is the only relevant thing. Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about. That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about. It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway. That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever. Fuck liberals.
Look at the issue with not wearing the masks. I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.
You got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness. And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred. And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me. Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness. Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness. They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.
Kindness=weakness. Honesty=weakness. Compromise=weakness.
They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do. They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:20 am
Trump has done a tremendous job handling the pandemic, nobody could have done better. If Hillary was in office, there would have been over 2 million dead and the Dow would have hit zero with unemployment over 50%.

We have numerous examples of Trump calling McCain a loser at televised events, attacking Gold Star families, the Access Hollywood tapes... Nothing matters. Nothing moves the needle. How many times has Trump said he never said something despite numerous videos of him saying it and numerous Tweets where he said it, then his spin team comes out and defends the lie, and the base believes him.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I've found that there are two levels to Trump supporters.

They are either cultists who will allow literally anything he does to skate by because they hate the Libz or they are the types that lean conservative and let it skate by because "Libz do it too."

If there is a such a thing as a person who completely gained self awareness with an "a ha" moment because of Trump's bullshit, they seem to be few and far between. Maybe some policy had a direct negative effect or something.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

That's unbelievable, honestly. I mean, I believe it happened, but how he was actually on the right track and sabotaged himself.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:15 am Does the woodward stuff move the needle?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics ... index.html
It will move it some. We're on the margins, but it will move it on the margins. Even if it means less people going to the polls and voting for him and just sitting it out.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

This guy is a real jerk!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Ouch. My post wasn't that bad.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Audio.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

His cult members don't care.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If I'm a crooked politician the last person I'd ever want to talk to about anything is Bob Woodward.

Unless I'm Trump because I'm literally invincible politically.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:27 pm His cult members don't care.
Right, but a solid percentage of his voters are not his cult members.

Hillary said that half his supporters were deplorable. Maybe she understated it a bit - it was probably 2/3. But the others can be convinced to either vote for Grandpa Joe or not vote.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:50 pm
Right, but a solid percentage of his voters are not his cult members.

Hillary said that half his supporters were deplorable. Maybe she understated it a bit - it was probably 2/3. But the others can be convinced to either vote for Grandpa Joe or not vote.
After 4 years of a constant shit storm of horrific statements, revelations, accusations from his closest aids, lawyers, cabinet members, open admission of crimes, openly attempting to dismantle every government institution... If somebody still supports him, there is absolutely nothing going to change their minds at this point. Trump could break into their homes, rape their children and kill their spouses in front of them, and they will make an excuse. They won't believe the "lying Liberal Media" no matter what, even when they just flat out broadcast Trump giving a live speech. Nothing matters to these people.

Sancarlos' quote above is the perfect statement on this. Logic, facts and reality mean nothing.
-Pruitt
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

I guess when your cronies are fixing the election you don't have to spend money on ads?

Honestly, is he going to bankrupt his campaign?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Anyone going to top this response from Mitt?

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

It chops at the margins.

ETA- what steve said.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I can't believe there's any margins to chop. Everything at this point needs to be about GOTV basically. I'm not saying Biden shouldn't play it up, obviously he should but there's literally nothing that's going to cause Trump to lose support at this point.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:38 pm I can't believe there's any margins to chop. Everything at this point needs to be about GOTV basically. I'm not saying Biden shouldn't play it up, obviously he should but there's literally nothing that's going to cause Trump to lose support at this point.
There’s margins to chop. Even if it is just some number that would have voted for him staying home.

It’s anecdotal- but I’ve seen that first hand at my workplace.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Very curious, was there a final straw moment? Or one line crossed that triggered this person? I fear there might be a large contingent of people voting for Trump, but afraid to admit it. I think that's a large part of the polls showing Hillary so far ahead in 2016.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:23 pm Anyone going to top this response from Mitt?

Him and the rest of the Republican members of the Senate are complicit fucking cowards.

It would have taken exactly 4 of them to break with the party and become independents who caucus with the Democrats to dethrone Moscow Mitch. But nope. They didn't do that. Bunch of fucking jellyfish.

Great, he voted to impeach on 1 of 2 counts brought to the Senate and marched in BLM protests after George Floyd's death, but he's still an empty suit nobody. Fuck that guy.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:52 pm
tennbengal wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Very curious, was there a final straw moment? Or one line crossed that triggered this person? I fear there might be a large contingent of people voting for Trump, but afraid to admit it. I think that's a large part of the polls showing Hillary so far ahead in 2016.
Several persons, actually. Accumulation. SO much that they just trail off or admit that there's problems.

ETA - I am not talking about the core who would have marched in Charlottsville - I am talking about the ones at the edges that pretend their silence isn't complicity - that crew is finding it harder to pretend. And some of them around my workplace won't vote for him again. I think there's others out there.