The OFFICIAL 2020 Self-Quarantine Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: The OFFICIAL 2020 Self-Quarantine Thread

Post by brian »

I can very easily identify my leaks in real poker and video poker and am powerless to stop them. Should probably mention that to a therapist one day.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:48 pm
Pruitt wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 pm Online poker with friends is helping keep me sane. Two regular weekly games scheduled.

Highly recommended.
You guys play for real money and have an extra seat for any games?

I might be interested in crashing a game at some point if that's something anyone is cool with (or if we want to do a Swamp game).

I'm not a ringer. I'm probably as good as any of you guys or any rando you'll sit next to in Vegas. I know what I'm doing but I don't have the patience to really be an elite player. That's why I stick to 3-6/4-8 limit or 1-2 NL (depending on the house). I like the friendly, not cutthroat games and just want to drink for free and bleed blinds and limp in in late position. But then I just say fuck it and start limping all the time.
We're friendly but full.

HoweverI'm open to a swamp game
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Also open to a swamp game.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:02 am
Pruitt wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 pm Online poker with friends is helping keep me sane. Two regular weekly games scheduled.

Highly recommended.

I might be interested in crashing a game at some point if that's something anyone is cool with (or if we want to do a Swamp game).

I'm not a ringer. I'm probably as good as any of you guys or any rando you'll sit next to in Vegas. I know what I'm doing but I don't have the patience to really be an elite player. That's why I stick to 3-6/4-8 limit or 1-2 NL (depending on the house). I like the friendly, not cutthroat games and just want to drink for free and bleed blinds and limp in in late position. But then I just say fuck it and start limping all the time.
We're friendly but full.

HoweverI'm open to a swamp game
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Highly recommended.

We've been doing this regularly if you want in on our game. 10-20$ gets you in been playing on PokerStars.

Which leads me to ask Pruitt, have you had issues with that? We started a tournament 2 nights ago in our "home club", and had a slew of problems. The first table has a error when you tried to register, but took your chips anyway (they're play chips but you only get so many without buying them for real money), so I was down 40k to that. Then we got everyone in on the table and the thing froze in the middle of the tournament and wouldn't deal anymore. Then we started a cash game and tried to approximate our positions at the tournament table, and that stopped dealing an hour in with no reason it just said "Dealer will stop after next hand" and it never came back. It was frustration city.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Yikes. I'm setting up a game tonight and that's not great to hear.

(Also down for a Swamp game)
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Think I can hold out for a Swamp game -- that would be awesome. We'll have to try to figure out a night where we can get at least six or so of us together.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I'm in for giving away my money in a Swamp poker game.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

BSF21 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am

Highly recommended.

We've been doing this regularly if you want in on our game. 10-20$ gets you in been playing on PokerStars.

Which leads me to ask Pruitt, have you had issues with that? We started a tournament 2 nights ago in our "home club", and had a slew of problems. The first table has a error when you tried to register, but took your chips anyway (they're play chips but you only get so many without buying them for real money), so I was down 40k to that. Then we got everyone in on the table and the thing froze in the middle of the tournament and wouldn't deal anymore. Then we started a cash game and tried to approximate our positions at the tournament table, and that stopped dealing an hour in with no reason it just said "Dealer will stop after next hand" and it never came back. It was frustration city.
That happened on Wednesday night when we were playing with "play chips.", but last night's real money tournament went off flawlessly.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

EdRomero wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:11 pm Ooh, I just saw Crash Into Me is in a play-in game. He's the type of guy who complains they played too many popular songs at a concert. Deep tracks only!
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Big day yesterday at the local grocery store - not only did they have a 12-pack of toilet paper (our usual brand, even), but also isopropyl alcohol by the quart, which we're using to disinfect credit cards, keys, phones, etc.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Sabo wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:57 am I'm in for giving away my money in a Swamp poker game.
I'm also interested, depending on what time the game is. I was pretty good 10-15 years ago but have barely played since 2012 and probably suck now.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Joe K wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:23 am
Sabo wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:57 am I'm in for giving away my money in a Swamp poker game.
I'm also interested, depending on what time the game is. I was pretty good 10-15 years ago but have barely played since 2012 and probably suck now.
date/time depending, but I would be in.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Playing with home friends tonight. Need to write down the hierarchy of hands on a cheatsheet.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I'd play if you need another sap. IF not, I'll be the Joe Pera character.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

My 10 year-old daughter is killing it in the kitchen. I get a pretty solid lunch delivered to me every day. Not just some grilled cheese or such. She is just expanding her skills on a daily basis. We are not sending her to culinary just yet, nor has she started making demands for new kitchen gear, but she is going way nicer than what I would put together for myself, my son, and her.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

If anyone needs something fun to do with their little ones this afternoon, the org I work for is having a dance party. All donations are appreciated.

https://pathfindersforautism.org/dance-party/
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:50 am My 10 year-old daughter is killing it in the kitchen. I get a pretty solid lunch delivered to me every day. Not just some grilled cheese or such. She is just expanding her skills on a daily basis. We are not sending her to culinary just yet, nor has she started making demands for new kitchen gear, but she is going way nicer than what I would put together for myself, my son, and her.
Give some examples. My 8 year old is asking to get more involved and I'd love to have her doing some lunch stuff without help.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

download.png
download.png (241.8 KiB) Viewed 830 times
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:50 am My 10 year-old daughter is killing it in the kitchen. I get a pretty solid lunch delivered to me every day. Not just some grilled cheese or such. She is just expanding her skills on a daily basis. We are not sending her to culinary just yet, nor has she started making demands for new kitchen gear, but she is going way nicer than what I would put together for myself, my son, and her.
Mine is 13 but I've also been eating way better. To the point where I have to temper my reaction or the wife gets touchy. Still haven't bought that flour cookbook Mr D recommended but will get done sooner than later. Did buy a 25lb bag of flour.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:05 pm
Give some examples. My 8 year old is asking to get more involved and I'd love to have her doing some lunch stuff without help.
Today was Stuffed French Toast and apples
Last week we had a gourmet Grilled Cheese with veggies and homemade bread (Bread machine)
She has a variety of Egg-based options (omelets, scrambled, quiche, and such)
over the weekend they were flatbread pizzas with homemade pizza dough
veggie pasta dish is in the planning stages and some interesting homemade mac & cheese
plus lots of baking...she is trying to master healthier cupcakes and cookies
She also is working on potatoes. Mostly homemade baked chips, but

homemade pizza bagels are a good starter if you can go toaster oven
pretzels can be good if you have dough ready to go

some of it is worth an investment in tools
slow cooker and lots of measuring cups/spoons
magic bullet is great because she can make smoothies and homemade salsas
some safer peelers and cutting options (apple cutter)
waffle iron/forman grill for pannis

I have also found that letting them prep chef is a good starting point. Let your daughter measure and make small custard cup of ingredients so you can just do the cooking later.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:45 am
mister d wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:05 pm
Today was Stuffed French Toast and apples
Last week we had a gourmet Grilled Cheese with veggies and homemade bread (Bread machine)
She has a variety of Egg-based options (omelets, scrambled, quiche, and such)
over the weekend they were flatbread pizzas with homemade pizza dough
veggie pasta dish is in the planning stages and some interesting homemade mac & cheese
plus lots of baking...she is trying to master healthier cupcakes and cookies
She also is working on potatoes. Mostly homemade baked chips, but

homemade pizza bagels are a good starter if you can go toaster oven
pretzels can be good if you have dough ready to go

some of it is worth an investment in tools
slow cooker and lots of measuring cups/spoons
magic bullet is great because she can make smoothies and homemade salsas
some safer peelers and cutting options (apple cutter)
waffle iron/forman grill for pannis

I have also found that letting them prep chef is a good starting point. Let your daughter measure and make small custard cup of ingredients so you can just do the cooking later.
Also don't remember which swamper's wife wrote the kitchen skills book. I checked it out from the library (sorry I did not buy a copy) and used it to teach me (and my daughter) some basic how tos.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Shit! I have that somewhere....and can't remember. Some old school Swamp 1.0 name. howard would know.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Costello
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Or chedda. Thanks.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Notes on Cooking: A Short Guide to an Essential Craft
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

They re-paved our street today which means we can't leave the house (with the cars) until this evening which would normally be kind of annoying, but under the circumstances -- eh, who cares?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:04 pm Notes on Cooking: A Short Guide to an Essential Craft
I have that book! Its very useful!
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Sounds like your daughter is on some next level. So whats for lunch?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, that's legit. Q is more into baking right now, which she mostly does herself minus stuff like pouring out of the huge canola bottle or taking things out of the hot oven. Eggs are next.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:04 pm Notes on Cooking: A Short Guide to an Essential Craft
BTTG’s wife, wasn’t it?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:00 am Sounds like your daughter is on some next level. So whats for lunch?
Today she was banned from the kitchen for not getting enough distance-learning school done. So salad that my better half made.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:32 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:00 am Sounds like your daughter is on some next level. So whats for lunch?
Today she was banned from the kitchen for not getting enough distance-learning school done. So salad that my better half made.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Daughter is in the kitchen making a chocolate chip cookie cake.

Things could be a lot worse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The children are rebelling!

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

It's probably a boon to the greater good that the temperatures have been relatively cool this month, reducing the temptation to sneak out to a park or the shore. But some of us who are more or less dutifully staying home would love to be able to throw open the windows and doors and hang out on the back porch or in the backyard without bundling up. I'm still wearing gloves to walk the dog in the morning!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 am It's probably a boon to the greater good that the temperatures have been relatively cool this month, reducing the temptation to sneak out to a park or the shore. But some of us who are more or less dutifully staying home would love to be able to throw open the windows and doors and hang out on the back porch or in the backyard without bundling up. I'm still wearing gloves to walk the dog in the morning!
35 degrees and windy here today. Gloves, hoodie, coat and toque.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:15 am
rass wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 am It's probably a boon to the greater good that the temperatures have been relatively cool this month, reducing the temptation to sneak out to a park or the shore. But some of us who are more or less dutifully staying home would love to be able to throw open the windows and doors and hang out on the back porch or in the backyard without bundling up. I'm still wearing gloves to walk the dog in the morning!
35 degrees and windy here today. Gloves, hoodie, coat and toque.
Finally a decent day today here where it's not blowing 25. Gonna be almost 70 by 4 and sunny.

Rain the rest of the week...

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

84 and sunny here. Gonna get up into the 90s next week. Not too psyched we're only getting two weeks of spring this year apparently.