Patriot-era Tom Brady

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Patriot-era Tom Brady

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

It's in honor of Tampa great, Wade Boggs.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

😭😭😭
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Give me a Gronkpa Bay t-shirt FOR SURE!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/4/21 ... iots-trade
This deal is fun as hell. For anyone who doesn’t root for the Patriots
I disagree with this. I love the idea of Gronk coming back if he can stay healthy. Not sure about other Patriot fans but I'm rooting for a Tampa, New England Super Bowl.

Last year I was having an ongoing argument with a friend about the decline of Brady (I'm the Brady apologist -- shocking, I know). He was blaming Brady last year for every poor throw (claiming his arm was getting much worse), not trusting new receivers, and saying he's done. I thought the struggles were more of a product of losing Gronk and so many others to injuries. Maybe this year the argument can be settled. I love the two tight end set Brady could have with Gronk, Howard, Evans, and Godwin to throw to. I guess the offensive line may be an issue, but maybe Brady can bring Dante Scarnecchia out of retirement too (someone on twitter suggested that)
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

How about Thuney? Seems like he'll reup or get gone here in the next few hours. Yeah no hard feelings about either of those guys. Easier cause Brady is old and Gronk is broken. Wouldnt have felt the same several years back.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

EdRomero wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:44 am
Last year I was having an ongoing argument with a friend about the decline of Brady (I'm the Brady apologist -- shocking, I know). He was blaming Brady last year for every poor throw (claiming his arm was getting much worse), not trusting new receivers, and saying he's done. I thought the struggles were more of a product of losing Gronk and so many others to injuries. Maybe this year the argument can be settled.
I thought there was real decline last year and it seemed particularly evident later in the year when the weather got worse. Part of the appeal of Tampa Bay has to be that Brady now gets to play almost all his games in warm weather or in domes. It’s interesting to me how much offensive talent now sits in Tampa and New Orleans—two teams banking on 40+ year old QBs not declining. Unlike the AFC, where KC and Baltimore are the two obvious favorites for 2020, I have no idea what to think of the NFC.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

There was some stuff written about a significant elbow injury when his decline started last year, although I guess getting older means a greater likelihood of getting more of those types of injuries as the season progresses.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Wonder if, like how certain grips can affect a pitcher’s elbow, Brady having to throw a regulation football is now affecting his.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am Wonder if, like how certain grips can affect a pitcher’s elbow, Brady having to throw a regulation football is now affecting his.
Ha. The risk for Tampa and New Orleans is that if history is any indicator, when the decline hits for QBs it can hit really hard and fast. Marino, Manning and Favre were all good in their second-to-last seasons (in Favre’s case, really good) but then completely fell apart in their final season.

ETA: given Favre’s famous cellphone exploits, someone can probably have some fun with ellipses and this post.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Stupid motherfucker walked into someones house.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Imagine he got shot?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

There is one house on earth I would walk into without knocking and it certainly isn’t my new coworker as of two weeks ago.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The chances of Brady meeting a legendary fate like getting shot or getting eaten by an alligator have to be exponentially better in Florida.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:07 am First Mookie, then Brady.Who's next? Chara, Pastrnak, Tatum? 2020's been wonderful.
oh no
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don’t get the Chara deal at all. I’m guessing he intentionally took lower dollars than he could have to choose his spot, but I’m surprised his spot wasn’t Boston.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I still maintain Brady will go out by being eaten by an alligator.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:15 pm I still maintain Brady will go out by being eaten by an alligator.
(...imagining the gator saying, "Your strange health regimen can't save you NOW!...)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

He’ll die of a vitamin deficiency or getting his head stuck in railing.