Potential future Swamp poker game -next game TBA (watch this thread)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, DaveInSeattle, rass

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by brian » Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 pm
I might do this. How much are we talking for a Buy-in?
Either $10 or $20 a man. Likely at the lower end of that to start.

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by tennbengal » Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 pm
I might do this. How much are we talking for a Buy-in?
Hasn’t been voted on - $20 has been floated.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12374
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by sancarlos » Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 pm

I’d be in for 20 if it was a night that works for me. I need to go register with PokerStars.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by tennbengal » Sat May 23, 2020 10:18 pm

When you’ve registered - find the swamp home game and apply so I can approve you.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 24, 2020 11:35 am

duff wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:36 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 pm
I might do this. How much are we talking for a Buy-in?
All he has are half-pennies and some WWI ration stamps.
I popped.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
wlu_lax6
The Dude
Posts: 7596
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by wlu_lax6 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm

just downloaded the software and ask to join the club......weak-tight poker for the win

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by tennbengal » Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 pm

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm
just downloaded the software and ask to join the club......weak-tight poker for the win
Will approve it as soon as I get home from work.

Can we get one more into the pool?

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12374
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game - Tuesday, April 28 8:30 PM ET

Post by sancarlos » Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Scratch that - I don't need your email, but if you want me to send you the invite, I will need your email.

If you don't want to send your email, Go to PokerStars and join Club 3555591 with password or code of PokerFrog!

Someone try and join and let me know if you are able to find it and get in.
I tried going to both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania sites and they both say not available in my state (CA). I tried to go to PokerStars.com and it re-routed to PokerStars.bet but gave me an error message when I tried to download. Little help on what I'm doing wrong?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

P.D.X.
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3899
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game - Tuesday, April 28 8:30 PM ET

Post by P.D.X. » Wed May 27, 2020 4:55 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Scratch that - I don't need your email, but if you want me to send you the invite, I will need your email.

If you don't want to send your email, Go to PokerStars and join Club 3555591 with password or code of PokerFrog!

Someone try and join and let me know if you are able to find it and get in.
I tried going to both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania sites and they both say not available in my state (CA). I tried to go to PokerStars.com and it re-routed to PokerStars.bet but gave me an error message when I tried to download. Little help on what I'm doing wrong?
Pokerstars.bet is the correct site, fwiw. I did a quick google and didn't see any issues for CA. I'd imagine that if there's a regional conflict it would give you a message other than a download error. Of course if that is the case you can use a VPN to set your location elsewhere but I have no experience with that. (A buddy of mine in WA did that successfully.)

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12374
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game - Tuesday, April 28 8:30 PM ET

Post by sancarlos » Wed May 27, 2020 5:56 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Scratch that - I don't need your email, but if you want me to send you the invite, I will need your email.

If you don't want to send your email, Go to PokerStars and join Club 3555591 with password or code of PokerFrog!

Someone try and join and let me know if you are able to find it and get in.
I tried going to both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania sites and they both say not available in my state (CA). I tried to go to PokerStars.com and it re-routed to PokerStars.bet but gave me an error message when I tried to download. Little help on what I'm doing wrong?
Ok, I cleared my cache, and then it worked. I registered and asked to join.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by tennbengal » Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 pm

You are set and approved!

We are at 12 now - next step finding a common date that works for a tournament. Will put up a poll tomorrow.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by A_B » Wed May 27, 2020 6:56 pm

I’m available any time except the first time you try to set up.
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by tennbengal » Wed May 27, 2020 6:59 pm

A_B wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:56 pm
I’m available any time except the first time you try to set up.
I’m counting on that times 11.

P.D.X.
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3899
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game TBD

Post by P.D.X. » Wed May 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Yeah let's just skip to the 2nd time slot.


tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sat May 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Hey! Six registered - let's go the rest of youse.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Se7en.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Register for the tourney!

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Still only 8 registered. For those who want to play - please register! That means you go into the club, and register for tourney. It will cost you 20,000 of your fake pokerstars chips to do so.

If we get to within 15 minutes of the tourney and if we are still at 9 or less I will switch the tourney setting to nine at a table so we can play together.

Having not really had engagement on whether to buy-in for tonight with real money - I am of the mind to hold off on that until the next one and let people try this out tonight - but my mind can be changed if people feel strongly about a real money buy-in.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by A_B » Sun May 31, 2020 3:40 pm

I’m giving someone ten dollars tonight
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by bfj » Sun May 31, 2020 4:19 pm

A_B wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:40 pm
I’m giving someone ten dollars tonight
All donations are welcome

I’m just saying
Enjoy every sandwich.

Beefy Frank Jackson at your service.

P.D.X.
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3899
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by P.D.X. » Sun May 31, 2020 5:53 pm

Yeah I’d prefer to play for stakes even if small. $10 is a good number. I may be a few mins late but am registered.

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 7:06 pm

$10 good with me.

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4834
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by BSF21 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Guys I hope I’m not ruining anything here but I’m just not up for it tonight. Hope y’all have a good time and I’ll get in on the next one. Promise.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm

No worries.

The system won't let me adjust the six to a table to a nine without canceling the tournament and doing a new one and I don't wan to mess with that - so hopefully Giff and/or Pruitt can register. At least one of them. That would give us two tables of 5 at least.

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 7:50 pm

I've emailed Giff (NOT a euphamism) but don't have contact info for Pruitt. Hopefully at least one of them can play to get us to 10 - two tables of at least five would be great.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:03 pm

I can be the treasurer tonight, if that works for everyone.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:03 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:50 pm
I've emailed Giff (NOT a euphamism) but don't have contact info for Pruitt. Hopefully at least one of them can play to get us to 10 - two tables of at least five would be great.
I just texted Giff.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm

Done. If I am not at your table can you remind them all $10 buy in - send it to you?

What’s your PayPal? Venmo?

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:06 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Done. If I am not at your table can you remind them all $10 buy in - send it to you?

What’s your PayPal? Venmo?
Paypal and Venmo are both my Swamp handle at the google email service.

And Giff is out for tonight with apologies.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
wlu_lax6
The Dude
Posts: 7596
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by wlu_lax6 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:11 pm

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:06 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Done. If I am not at your table can you remind them all $10 buy in - send it to you?

What’s your PayPal? Venmo?
Paypal and Venmo are both my Swamp handle at the google email service.

And Giff is out for tonight with apologies.
funds sent via paypal

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Just emailed Pruitt. His address (with a giant foreign telecom company) is in the emails for the 'Crash.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:14 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm
No worries.

The system won't let me adjust the six to a table to a nine without canceling the tournament and doing a new one and I don't wan to mess with that - so hopefully Giff and/or Pruitt can register. At least one of them. That would give us two tables of 5 at least.
Can you set up a second one as a nine-top as a backup (say, for 9:40) or is there some sort of lag with their app/site that you can't do it right away?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by brian » Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm

Not sure why we can't just do 9. It's one full table. Almost makes it easier in a way.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by brian » Sun May 31, 2020 8:23 pm

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:14 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm
No worries.

The system won't let me adjust the six to a table to a nine without canceling the tournament and doing a new one and I don't wan to mess with that - so hopefully Giff and/or Pruitt can register. At least one of them. That would give us two tables of 5 at least.
Can you set up a second one as a nine-top as a backup (say, for 9:40) or is there some sort of lag with their app/site that you can't do it right away?
Though to answer this question. we could setup a second tournament for whenever if we needed to, though I'm not sure why we would.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12374
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by sancarlos » Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Having never played online before, I'm confident I'll embarrass myself.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:26 pm

brian wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:23 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:14 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm
No worries.

The system won't let me adjust the six to a table to a nine without canceling the tournament and doing a new one and I don't wan to mess with that - so hopefully Giff and/or Pruitt can register. At least one of them. That would give us two tables of 5 at least.
Can you set up a second one as a nine-top as a backup (say, for 9:40) or is there some sort of lag with their app/site that you can't do it right away?
Though to answer this question. we could setup a second tournament for whenever if we needed to, though I'm not sure why we would.
I just don't know the functionality of their site. Just spitballing.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by brian » Sun May 31, 2020 8:27 pm

I can setup a Zoom on my work account if y'all want to do that. Worked out nice for PDX's home game with his buddies.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by brian » Sun May 31, 2020 8:27 pm

brian@secondstreet.com is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: brian@secondstreet.com's Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting
https://secondstreet.zoom.us/j/9185398955

Meeting ID: 918 539 8955
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,9185398955# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,9185398955# US (San Jose)

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Potential future Swamp poker game -first game SUNDAY, MAY 31

Post by tennbengal » Sun May 31, 2020 8:49 pm

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:14 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm
No worries.

The system won't let me adjust the six to a table to a nine without canceling the tournament and doing a new one and I don't wan to mess with that - so hopefully Giff and/or Pruitt can register. At least one of them. That would give us two tables of 5 at least.
Can you set up a second one as a nine-top as a backup (say, for 9:40) or is there some sort of lag with their app/site that you can't do it right away?
I would have had to cancel it and start it over - next time will just set it to nine . Sorry. My bad on that.

Post Reply