Twitter:The New Batch

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12140
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by The Sybian » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:38 pm

brian wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm
The Sybian wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm
Just curious (but not curious enough to listen to a longer segment of Shapiro), but how does he make the leap to this one song encapsulating the entire purpose of the feminist movement?

Ben Shapiro is infuriating, because he is highly intelligent, seems to believe what he says in the few times I've listened to him, but he always has a missing step in his logic to come up with conclusions, or he just factually misrepresents a strawman Lefty argument that nobody believes. Or, in the case of the Christian baker, he completely misunderstood basic concepts of employment law while touting his expertise because he holds a Harvard Law degree.
There's not a big mystery here. It's because they're black (and proud to be black, more importantly).
I don't know, Shapiro doesn't strike me as racist, but he is super prude and offended by sexuality. He is a devout Orthodox Jew and has some super old-fashioned and Talmudic beliefs on dating and sexuality.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4784
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Steve of phpBB » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:48 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:38 pm
brian wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm
The Sybian wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm
Just curious (but not curious enough to listen to a longer segment of Shapiro), but how does he make the leap to this one song encapsulating the entire purpose of the feminist movement?

Ben Shapiro is infuriating, because he is highly intelligent, seems to believe what he says in the few times I've listened to him, but he always has a missing step in his logic to come up with conclusions, or he just factually misrepresents a strawman Lefty argument that nobody believes. Or, in the case of the Christian baker, he completely misunderstood basic concepts of employment law while touting his expertise because he holds a Harvard Law degree.
There's not a big mystery here. It's because they're black (and proud to be black, more importantly).
I don't know, Shapiro doesn't strike me as racist, but he is super prude and offended by sexuality. He is a devout Orthodox Jew and has some super old-fashioned and Talmudic beliefs on dating and sexuality.
I'm pretty sure he also has a well-established record of racism, particularly as directed to Muslims. Wasn't he cited as an inspiration by a guy who murdered a bunch of Muslims at a mosque? (In Quebec I think?)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19461
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by mister d » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:51 pm

I'm with Syb, hard to find evidence of Shapiro as a rac... wait ... hold up a sec ...
image.png
image.png (229.19 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Ah well.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12140
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by The Sybian » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:02 pm

mister d wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:51 pm
I'm with Syb, hard to find evidence of Shapiro as a rac... wait ... hold up a sec ...

image.png

Ah well.
I stand corrected...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 11479
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnnie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:54 pm

He, like nearly every Republicunt conservative, default to bad faith arguments because he caters to an irrational base of assholes and needs to feed their ridiculous belief set.

But also like Brian says, racism.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 11479
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnnie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Their entire ilk will vote for a white man who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, but if a couple strong, independent black women brag about their pussies DOWNFALL OF AMERICA LED BY FEMINISM.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12140
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by The Sybian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:38 am

Johnnie wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:57 pm
Their entire ilk will vote for a white man who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, but if a couple strong, independent black women brag about their pussies DOWNFALL OF AMERICA LED BY FEMINISM.
They hold Cardi B to a higher standard than the President.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16188
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by A_B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm

The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 11479
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnnie » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:54 am

This tweet is funny....and then came the replies.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4784
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Steve of phpBB » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Lol.

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11682
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by sancarlos » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:52 pm

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Johnny Carwash
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4878
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am
Location: Land of 10,000 Sununus

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnny Carwash » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Image
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by DaveInSeattle » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:43 pm


User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19461
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by mister d » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:40 pm

rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11682
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by sancarlos » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:47 pm

I guess i let the emotion get the better of me, and now I’m in Twitter jail for 24 hours. I feel like some kind of bad dude!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
cerrano
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by cerrano » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:47 pm
I guess i let the emotion get the better of me, and now I’m in Twitter jail for 24 hours. I feel like some kind of bad dude!
I hope you really did all you could to earn it.
"i'm just a middle-aged black woman trying to get into the senate."

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11682
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by sancarlos » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am

Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
MaxWebster
Brandt
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by MaxWebster » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:26 pm

i don't know who made that rule, but it sucks. Outstanding line sc.
sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6901
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by tennbengal » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
I wonder if "trip and fall off a tall cliff" lands you in twitter jail...

User avatar
dem3pigs
Jackie Treehorn
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by dem3pigs » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
I wonder if "trip and fall off a tall cliff" lands you in twitter jail...
I’ll let you know...

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 13837
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by rass » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:44 pm

dem3pigs wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
I wonder if "trip and fall off a tall cliff" lands you in twitter jail...
I’ll let you know...
“Die in a motor-boating accident”
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12140
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by The Sybian » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:24 pm

dem3pigs wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
I wonder if "trip and fall off a tall cliff" lands you in twitter jail...
I’ll let you know...
Whoah! Welcome back to you, and your avatar.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 11479
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnnie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 pm

There are definitely things I want to say, but not out loud or on social media. I'll wait until my DD214 is in hand for any of that.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11682
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by sancarlos » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:55 pm

Hey welcome back, D3P!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
dem3pigs
Jackie Treehorn
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by dem3pigs » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:14 pm

dem3pigs wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
I wonder if "trip and fall off a tall cliff" lands you in twitter jail...
I’ll let you know...
Well, the answer is yes it does. I have a pic but don’t remember how to add that. Glad to be back all!

P.D.X.
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3636
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by P.D.X. » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:23 pm

dem3pigs wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:14 pm
I have a pic but don’t remember how to add that.
Most of us are still figuring it out.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2693
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by bfj » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2693
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by bfj » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 pm

dem3pigs wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 am
Somebody posted, “What is the best thing Donald Trump could do for America right now?” I replied, “Commit suicide.” I realize one shouldn’t joke about some things, but I was just being flip. Now I’m in Twitter jail.
I wonder if "trip and fall off a tall cliff" lands you in twitter jail...
I’ll let you know...
I've missed her, uh, you. Welcome back.
Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16193
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Pruitt » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm

bfj wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:50 pm
Damn! That is awesome.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by DaveInSeattle » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Adam Carolla is having a moment...


User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5464
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by DSafetyGuy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:02 pm

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm
Adam Carolla is having a moment...

He's not having a moment, he's gone pretty much full right-wing in the last three or so years. David Wild stopped appearing as a guest on his podcast because Carolla's followers were making death threats to him on twitter.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16193
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Pruitt » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:08 pm

From third rate comic to right wing jagoff.

The new Dennis Miller.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 11479
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnnie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 pm

He fell for the Facebook bullshit like everyone else.

Plus he can't use an apostrophe correctly. What a dumbass.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by DaveInSeattle » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:21 pm

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:02 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm
Adam Carolla is having a moment...

He's not having a moment, he's gone pretty much full right-wing in the last three or so years. David Wild stopped appearing as a guest on his podcast because Carolla's followers were making death threats to him on twitter.
Oh, I knew that he'd gone off the Dennis Miller deep end. Just pretty amazed about how moronic that was.

Of course, I shouldn't be surprised when someone who does live shows with Dennis Prager says something incredibly stupid.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5464
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by DSafetyGuy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am

Johnnie wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 pm
He fell for the Facebook bullshit like everyone else.

Plus he can't use an apostrophe correctly. What a dumbass.
Nah, he's been headed that way for a long time. He relies on his personal experience of one man as to "how you can succeed", thinks that school is a waste of time for his kids, etc. Or at least that was before I quit listening to his podcast a few years ago, but he was still hanging with Prager and doing things of that ilk then.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19461
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by mister d » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:20 am

Even at the time, watching any of "The Man Show" was predicated on believing they were both in on the jokes and on the right side. One was not.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 11479
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Johnnie » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:57 am

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am
Johnnie wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 pm
He fell for the Facebook bullshit like everyone else.

Plus he can't use an apostrophe correctly. What a dumbass.
Nah, he's been headed that way for a long time. He relies on his personal experience of one man as to "how you can succeed", thinks that school is a waste of time for his kids, etc. Or at least that was before I quit listening to his podcast a few years ago, but he was still hanging with Prager and doing things of that ilk then.
Yea, something about his podcast completely made me stop listening a long while back. It got repetitive. The guests were stale. And I was tied of his advertising on top of that. I don't distinctly remember his politics, but when you write a book called "In 50 years we'll all be chicks" and rail mindlessly against culture changing, it gets grating.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by DaveInSeattle » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 pm

Breaking news...


User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21343
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by brian » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:18 pm

That tracks.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4784
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Twitter:The New Batch

Post by Steve of phpBB » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 am

This is some serious shit.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

Post Reply