Bundesliga - Spring 2020 (post???) CV19 restart

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Bundesliga - Spring 2020 (post???) CV19 restart

Post by mister d »

Tritt ein Ziel!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Really got a lot of joy out of the normalcy of European soccer on weekend mornings and afternoons.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

govmentchedda wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:07 pm Really got a lot of joy out of the normalcy of European soccer on weekend mornings and afternoons.
Outside of all the actual real important shit we need to skip re: spending time with family and friends, samesies.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I wish I’d been more into the league before all this. If the PL started up, I’d be watching every goddamn match I could find (while ignore the atleast partial hypocritical nature of it given my feelings on the NFL!).
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:44 pm I wish I’d been more into the league before all this. If the PL started up, I’d be watching every goddamn match I could find (while ignore the atleast partial hypocritical nature of it given my feelings on the NFL!).
It's an incredible league with amazing/interesting history in terms of clubs and derbies.

I know you know this intuitively, just saying that the EPL thing is just as contrived for us as finding a team in the Netherlands, Germany or S. Korea.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

The old bar had a werder Bremen scarf so I'll enjoy a relegation battle I guess.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:47 am It might be amplified sideline noise (which seems risky) or a combination of sideline and canned?
The President of the Bundesliga said they would not use fake crowd noise, as he thought that would be disrespectful to the fans. I only watched the Dortmund game, pretty sure it was coaching staffs and players screaming, and it echoed horribly in the empty stadium. The volume seemed off on the color guy. They did pipe in music after goals, which was weird, but not as weird as the no-touch celebrations. Players looked so awkward after goals. Other than that, I was just thrilled to get to watch a live game. Slightly weird, but not as weird as I expected. Seems really stupid that they can't touch each other and must wear masks except while playing. Why keep the bench in masks and 6 feet apart? These guys are tested every day, and in constant contact with each other off the field. I wonder if it's just for show to keep the people feeling weird being near each other or not in masks, or just avoiding the being in bad taste hugging and high fiving while everyone else is quarantined.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Dortmund goal celebrations are a lot more huggy this week.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Didn't see it cause the YouTubetv got cut off but werder Bremen stringing together points.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:52 pm Didn't see it cause the YouTubetv got cut off but werder Bremen stringing together points.
And Schalke absolutely shitting the bed.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:10 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:52 pm Didn't see it cause the YouTubetv got cut off but werder Bremen stringing together points.
Third straight Schalke game I've seen. They are horrible.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:03 pm
I watched the last 30 minutes of that match. That was some uninspiring soccer. I don’t watch much bundesliga but it just seems slow and deliberate. Is it a German thing?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 pm
I watched the last 30 minutes of that match. That was some uninspiring soccer. I don’t watch much bundesliga but it just seems slow and deliberate. Is it a German thing?
Well, that was the team in second last against a team that hasn't won in 12 games.

But I've been watching the last three weeks and have yet to see a really good game. Some great displays from the better teams, but a number of blowouts. (Missed the Munich-Dortmund game)
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

AB, I would say I've been pretty impressed with the Bundesliga, but definitely not Schalke. I suppose part of my excitement is just learning something new, but I have really enjoyed it. That said, Schalke are so so bad. McKinnie is good, but probably being asked to do more than he should, but there are so many brain farts (shit passes, players not in sync, etc.) with them. Schalke also don't really have a striker, and apparently aren't playing their better keeper because he's off to Bayern at the end of the season.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Also, Canada's Alphonso Davies is absolutely fantastic.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:23 pm AB, I would say I've been pretty impressed with the Bundesliga, but definitely not Schalke. I suppose part of my excitement is just learning something new, but I have really enjoyed it. That said, Schalke are so so bad. McKinnie is good, but probably being asked to do more than he should, but there are so many brain farts (shit passes, players not in sync, etc.) with them. Schalke also don't really have a striker, and apparently aren't playing their better keeper because he's off to Bayern at the end of the season.
Maybe it was two out of form sides but just about every facet seems slightly off. Crosses didn’t connect. Defenders didn’t clear. I dunno. I was glad to have something to watch but it just felt less than.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

#gladtobebach
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:17 pm
A_B wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 pm
Well, that was the team in second last against a team that hasn't won in 12 games.

But I've been watching the last three weeks and have yet to see a really good game. Some great displays from the better teams, but a number of blowouts. (Missed the Munich-Dortmund game)
Before I got to your last sentence, I was going to say Munich Dortmund was an extremely well played match. Dortmund had the better of the play, just couldn't get off the final pass or shot too many times. I've only watch Dortmund's 3 games, recording their 4th. I really enjoy their fast paced, attack minded passing game. It's too bad Sancho isn't fully fit, because he is electric when he comes off the bench.
-Pruitt
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:23 pm AB, I would say I've been pretty impressed with the Bundesliga, but definitely not Schalke. I suppose part of my excitement is just learning something new, but I have really enjoyed it. That said, Schalke are so so bad. McKinnie is good, but probably being asked to do more than he should, but there are so many brain farts (shit passes, players not in sync, etc.) with them. Schalke also don't really have a striker, and apparently aren't playing their better keeper because he's off to Bayern at the end of the season.
I've been watching Schalke game to see what the hype about Rabbi Matondo is about

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 40931.html
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

There's zero fun transfer stuff right now, just all bad. Sane out, Sterling being chased by United now along with Sancho and Matondo. Lame.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Brilliant 'keeper assist for RB Leipzig. Really hoping the Goats get back in this one. Also hoping that 'Goats' is an actual nickname for them.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Seemed like the ref had it in for Leipzig there for a bit. He whistled the ball for a Leipzig free kick when there was a 2 on none advantage to be played, and he didn't call a penalty when he likely should have. Then, a short bit later, he did call for a penalty against Leipzig, that VAR overturned because the Koln attacker was offside. Leipzig are fun to watch.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

P.D.X. wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:42 pm Brilliant 'keeper assist for RB Leipzig. Really hoping the Goats get back in this one. Also hoping that 'Goats' is an actual nickname for them.
Their nickname is “The Billy Goats”, so close enough. And their logo kicks ass.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Shitty review goes again Dortmund.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Yeah, that was shaky. I've got money on them. Bring on Gio!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Hey hey
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Huzzah!!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Aim at his meaty Norwegian forehead!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Interesting to see Dusseldorf sponsor is white on white design. Thought it was due to a contract issue or such but just a 125th anniversary kit design where they and uhlsport agreed to be basically hidden on the kit.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:58 am Shitty review goes again Dortmund.
Yeah, that was horrible. Clearly hit his shoulder, and his arm could not have been any closer to his body. No movement of the arm made towards the ball at all. Not nearly as bad as the "ghost goal" given after VAR review in the Leverkusen - Hoffenheim game:

-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Not sure if he is trolling reporters, shy, or isn't proficient in English, but I choose to believe he is trolling.

-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:48 pm Not sure if he is trolling reporters, shy, or isn't proficient in English, but I choose to believe he is trolling.

I think my man was born in England.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rass is team taking the piss.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Think Wagner's time at Schalke may be up