Racism

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Racism

Post by The Sybian »

And look who is reacting to her comment, all the black people. I'd think she'd be happy to see all the black people leaving.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Wow. Now I understand why all the buses in my town say "Yeknoh."
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Hope this Charleston atrocity isn't the fuse that ignites many powderkegs - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/18/us/ch ... olina.html
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt wrote:Hope this Charleston atrocity isn't the fuse that ignites many powderkegs - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/18/us/ch ... olina.html
That's some old school evil. Was just in Charleston in April, that church is right in the middle of the historic/tourist center of a beautiful city. This sucks.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Will he be the nice quiet kid with great parents who kept to himself or a thug who liked certain music and maybe some weed?

(I'm "glad", in relative terms, to read the church's location isn't way up north.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote:Will he be the nice quiet kid with great parents who kept to himself or a thug who liked certain music and maybe some weed?

(I'm "glad", in relative terms, to read the church's location isn't way up north.)
Mentally ill, of course.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote:(I'm "glad", in relative terms, to read the church's location isn't way up north.)
Just curious, but why does the church's location matter?
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Same way I think midtown / center city would have a wider impact than Harlem / gray's ferry. A certain subsection that might otherwise not be affected will be because the location is more "here" than "there".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

You should be suspicious of anybody that walks into a barber shop and asks for the "Klebold"
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Gunpowder wrote:You should be suspicious of anybody that walks into a barber shop and asks for the "Klebold"
+Props
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote:Same way I think midtown / center city would have a wider impact than Harlem / gray's ferry. A certain subsection that might otherwise not be affected will be because the location is more "here" than "there".

I still don't understand this at all. Nine people died at their church. What does location have to do with that? Are you saying that if it were a northern city there would be more chance that things would change going forward? Because if so, that would imply that southern lives matter less, no?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I'm assuming he was referring to the location of the church within Charleston, but I'm also not clear on what he meant by the comment.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

White people live where it happened, so they'll maybe have to pay attention
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote:I'm assuming he was referring to the location of the church within Charleston, but I'm also not clear on what he meant by the comment.
Well, this would make a little more sense. "Way up north" just doesn't construe "north of the popular part of town" to me. Will hang up and listen.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Count the number of times this white dude who killed black people is correctly termed a 'terrorist' by the major media. You may have to use two hands (but I doubt it.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A_B wrote:
rass wrote:I'm assuming he was referring to the location of the church within Charleston, but I'm also not clear on what he meant by the comment.
Well, this would make a little more sense. "Way up north" just doesn't construe "north of the popular part of town" to me. Will hang up and listen.
Sorry, when I said "way up north", I meant "as far away as you can get from the tourist area while still technically being inside the Charleston city limits". The church was like 50 big steps from the Marriott we stayed at when we visited last year. Its not an area that can be ignored or forgotten about by all but those who live in it.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

howard wrote:Count the number of times this white dude who killed black people is correctly termed a 'terrorist' by the major media. You may have to use two hands (but I doubt it.)

Cool, I may get to use two hands twice today.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

howard wrote:Count the number of times this white dude who killed black people is correctly termed a 'terrorist' by the major media. You may have to use two hands (but I doubt it.)
In one of the photos of the suspect that is circulating, he's wearing a jacket that includes decals of the flags of Apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia. So it sure looks like he satisfies the political motivation element of terrorism.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:You should be suspicious of anybody that walks into a barber shop and asks for the "Klebold"

This should be the picture for the Red Sox magic number of 98.

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Think it's pretty hilarious that Fox News and the rest of the mass media has little old ladies in Topeka worried about Muslim terror attacks when you're probably 1000 times more likely to die at the hands of a right wing terrorist like this asshole, those two assholes in Las Vegas, Jared Loughner, etc.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

From the New York Times quoting a witness:
“He just said: ‘I have to do it. You rape our women and you are taking over our country. And you have to go.’ “

This is chilling, as is the fact that there was a shooting at a church in Memphis. No one inside at the time, but the paranoid part of me screams out that this is either a copy cat or part of a coordinated plan.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:Will he be the nice quiet kid with great parents who kept to himself or a thug who liked certain music and maybe some weed?
From the Times:
Law enforcement officers were at the home of Mr. Roof’s mother in the morning, the uncle, Carson Cowles, said in an interview.

Mr. Cowles said he recognized his nephew in a photo released by the police. He described him as quiet and soft-spoken. Mr. Roof’s father gave him a .45-caliber pistol for his birthday this year, Mr. Cowles said.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Fuck everyone.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote:Fuck everyone.
This. I'm so ready to cash out my 401k and just move to some beach town in Mexico. Not even own a TV. Basically just fuck off and let this country rot to death. Fuck it.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Well, it looks like they got him anyway.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:
From the Times:
Law enforcement officers were at the home of Mr. Roof’s mother in the morning, the uncle, Carson Cowles, said in an interview.

Mr. Cowles said he recognized his nephew in a photo released by the police. He described him as quiet and soft-spoken. Mr. Roof’s father gave him a .45-caliber pistol for his birthday this year, Mr. Cowles said.

Oh yeah...what do you get the kid who's been arrested a few times and has white-supremacy patches sewn on his jacket? A gun! Its the perfect gift!

Now to go pound my head against the wall for about 45 minutes...
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Just imagine flipping races on this one, right? Black kid who got arrested a bunch of times and vocally hated white people gets a gun as a gift from his dad and kills 9 white people. The fucking world would end.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote:Just imagine flipping races on this one, right? Black kid who got arrested a bunch of times and vocally hated white people gets a gun as a gift from his dad and kills 9 white people. The fucking world would end.
You'd be able to visibly see the erections from Bill O'Reilly and the other Fox News anchors.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And there would be infinitely more "they" references than "he" references.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

O/U on how long until conservatives start posting a video of a black person saying that the guy has a point, black people need to stop raping white women.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:Just imagine flipping races on this one, right? Black kid who got arrested a bunch of times and vocally hated white people gets a gun as a gift from his dad and kills 9 white people. The fucking world would end.
I doubt they would have gotten him alive too.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

brian wrote:Think it's pretty hilarious that Fox News and the rest of the mass media has little old ladies in Topeka worried about Muslim terror attacks when you're probably 1000 times more likely to die at the hands of a right wing terrorist like this asshole, those two assholes in Las Vegas, Jared Loughner, etc.
or a cop
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Giff wrote:O/U on how long until conservatives start posting a video of a black person saying that the guy has a point, black people need to stop raping white women.
Jason Whitlock: [cums]
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

howard wrote:
brian wrote:Think it's pretty hilarious that Fox News and the rest of the mass media has little old ladies in Topeka worried about Muslim terror attacks when you're probably 1000 times more likely to die at the hands of a right wing terrorist like this asshole, those two assholes in Las Vegas, Jared Loughner, etc.
or a cop
Damn. Yeah, good point.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote:

This should be the picture for the Red Sox magic number of 98.

I don't think they're going to get there this year.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Wow, this guys name is Dylan as well.

STOP NAMING KIDS DYLAN
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The SC State House is currently flying the US and State flags at half mast and the Confederate flag on top. This is not a joke.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

They are in a lose-lose-lose with the Confederate flag