Swampcrash 2020 - WEEK THIRTEEN

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Swampcrash 2020 - WEEK THIRTEEN

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:08 pm I'd also like to shout out this season of Survivor for being all winners and reminding me of a bunch of seasons I had not rewatched in quite some time.
I can't believe Survivor is still on. I watched the first two or three seasons, just figured the Amazon had to be a location.

And Sanchez Vicario was a big name. I didn't think of her and would have been afraid to guess she made the French Finals even if I did.

Pissed at myself for not thinking of Moncton as I went through the 80s-90s AHL teams. Can't believe more of you people went St. John's over Halifax though.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Ryan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 pm I had to double-check on Gabby Sabatini because she seemed like a right answer due to stereotypes and all - but only two Grand Slam finals in her entire career (Wimbledon and US). 9 other semifinal appearances, though.
Yeah, I was surprised I got that wrong. Google showed me not only that I was wrong, but that man, she's still smoking. She might have gotten even better looking.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:20 pm
Ryan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 pm I had to double-check on Gabby Sabatini because she seemed like a right answer due to stereotypes and all - but only two Grand Slam finals in her entire career (Wimbledon and US). 9 other semifinal appearances, though.
Yeah, I was surprised I got that wrong. Google showed me not only that I was wrong, but that man, she's still smoking. She might have gotten even better looking.
Just took a look, completely agree. She had some horrible 80s style hair through the 80s and 90s.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Diamond
Maude Lebowski

Post by Diamond »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:02 pm

Side question - anyone in your neck of the woods making Honeycrisp vodka? My wife picked up a bottle that 1911 makes and it was pretty darn good.
1911 is the only one I've seen. There's so many defects with HCs that they wind up with a ton of culls so there's a lot of honeycrisp-only products out there - hard and sweet cider etc. If I see another distiller doing it I'll sing out.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

BTW, I caught BFJ on the very last question to steal the win. Even more amazingly, I've now won 5 in a row!
Totally Kafkaesque
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

tennbengal wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm Woo! I think I was tied with Cerrano before the last question.
that was a good game, bengal. i made it a game with the golf course answer considering we gave the same answer on the two previous questions. fuck ocho cinco. and myself.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World