PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

Post Reply
User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 5908
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by Nonlinear FC » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Welp.

Coming out today that Bo was told about an abusive doctor/trainer within the AD and passed the buck along to the Canham (legendary AD) and nothing was done.

Pretty sad day, TBH.

https://mgoblog.com/content/bo-schembec ... #read-more

Good to see that the vast majority of comments on this hyper-partisan site are moving in the general direction of "take the statue down, rename the athletic hall."

What a fucking bummer. Next issue is what the existing coaching staff knew.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6243
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by Giff » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Are you saying that this is as big a scandal as those two combined?
Muh.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21049
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by brian » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:52 pm

Giff wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Are you saying that this is as big a scandal as those two combined?
At this point, I'd rank them:

1) MSU (by a mile)
2) PSU
3) Michigan

...with as details come out the ground is quickly closing between 2 and 3. But Michigan State's actions in enabling Nassar are beyond the pale. This wasn't a failure of systems, organizations or imagination like PSU and UM. This was pure cowardice, incompetence and misogyny.
Image

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6243
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by Giff » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Agreed.
Muh.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 5908
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by Nonlinear FC » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:17 pm

No, no... I was just putting them in the same ballpark, which they clearly are.

And of me, personally, it stings a hell of a lot more due to my connection to the city and institution.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

psunate77
Maude Lebowski
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by psunate77 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:30 pm

So I take it the NCAA will now allow other coaches to go to the Michigan campus and take players?

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6243
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by Giff » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:30 pm

psunate77 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:30 pm
So I take it the NCAA will now allow other coaches to go to the Michigan campus and take players?
Yup. I heard they're getting with Doc Brown now to take them to 1989.
Muh.

psunate77
Maude Lebowski
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by psunate77 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Giff wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:30 pm
psunate77 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:30 pm
So I take it the NCAA will now allow other coaches to go to the Michigan campus and take players?
Yup. I heard they're getting with Doc Brown now to take them to 1989.

Well in 2012 Big Ten coaches were allowed to go after Penn State players for punishment on a guy who wasn't even a coach, so why not now?

I remember Tim Beckman assistants camped in parking lots to talk to players.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootb ... s_abo.html

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19096
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by mister d » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 pm

"Hey Joe! Joe Pa! Question over here! How many people on this board give even the slightest shit about the on-field fallout from you and your administration covering for a child rapist in order to protect the school's football program and your own legacy?"

Image

"Thanks, coach. That's what we thought!"
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
testuser2
Brandt
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by testuser2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:37 pm

psunate77 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:23 pm
Giff wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:30 pm
psunate77 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:30 pm
So I take it the NCAA will now allow other coaches to go to the Michigan campus and take players?
Yup. I heard they're getting with Doc Brown now to take them to 1989.

Well in 2012 Big Ten coaches were allowed to go after Penn State players for punishment on a guy who wasn't even a coach, so why not now?

I remember Tim Beckman assistants camped in parking lots to talk to players.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootb ... s_abo.html
Nate. Don't be a moron. Your treatment on BWI and here is for your dumbassery. And yes I know you get panned on the PSU boards for writing the same garbage comments. Listen more. Talk less. Try not to be such a clown.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11409
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by sancarlos » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:38 pm

Fans, it appears we have an intra-PSU beef, here.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
testuser2
Brandt
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am

Re: PSU+MSU Level of Scandal at Michigan

Post by testuser2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:50 pm

When your first comment regarding a horrible situation is about how you feel mistreated then you are a clown. No need for him to bring his crap over here.

Post Reply