The Dude

Re: NFL 2020

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 am Holy shit.

I would guess justin Herbert put him up to it? (This was at bottom of page so if someone beat me to this joke my apologies)
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Lol.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
dem3pigs
Jackie Treehorn

Post by dem3pigs »

rass wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 am That's crazy.

The Chargers had some issues with a prior team doctor, too
There really are a lot of reasons why the Chargers lose more games in the last minute than any team, in any sport, in history.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

dem3pigs wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:12 pm

There really are a lot of reasons why the Chargers lose more games in the last minute than any team, in any sport, in history.
Did they lose at the last second today, or just not win?

That must have happened at around the same time of Steelers last TD, or maybe it was the 2 minute warning, because I picked up my phone at a break and Twitter was pretty much all “not again Chargers.”
dem3pigs
Jackie Treehorn

Post by dem3pigs »

rass wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:18 pm
dem3pigs wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:12 pm

Did they lose at the last second today, or just not win?

That must have happened at around the same time of Steelers last TD, or maybe it was the 2 minute warning, because I picked up my phone at a break and Twitter was pretty much all “not again Chargers.”
They dropped a TD pass in the corner of the end zone as time ran out. Their new QB seems to be decent enough, but just like under Rivers they come up short way more than they should. In other news Rivers came up shirt for the Colts today. Some things never change.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

If "cultural fit" means what I think it means, I'm officially a Las Vegas Raiders fan (I can't really think of another team I could root for and I have the connection of getting married there).

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

What's the implication there?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

She's pretty outspoken on Twitter about her support for President-Elect Biden. And this is a notoriously conservative ownership (I probably should've jumped ship after the inmates running the asylum comments a few years ago).
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sure, but they were 3-3 with Hopkins when the inmates comment was made and only 2-6 with no Hopkins now.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yeah, but we may get a 16-team playoff this year, so there's still hope.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Giff wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:01 pm She's pretty outspoken on Twitter about her support for President-Elect Biden. And this is a notoriously conservative ownership (I probably should've jumped ship after the inmates running the asylum comments a few years ago).
Got it, thanks.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Maybe they could hire Kayleigh McEnany. She will be unemployed soon and would be "a cultural fit".
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:33 pm If "cultural fit" means what I think it means, I'm officially a Las Vegas Raiders fan (I can't really think of another team I could root for and I have the connection of getting married there).

Become a Jets fan, there are an abundance of vacancies...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Sorry Brian...

WHEN THE PATRIOT WAY GOES WRONG: Matt Patricia brought a demanding, domineering approach to Detroit, and the Lions have been losing ever since.
One player's agent had sent him champagne for a Christmas gift, and he had kept it in his locker, waiting for the right moment to uncork the celebration. Saying goodbye to Patricia, at least until OTAs, seemed like just the reason to party. Before the Lions' last team meeting, mid-morning, a group of 10 to 15 players took orange juice from the cafeteria and mixed it with the champagne to make mimosas.

They chilled and sipped out of Solo cups, finally relaxing after a season of long practices, tough conditioning and routinely getting cussed at by their head coach, who had a long list of rules that a former player described as taking the fun out of the game. "It was a free-for-all," he says. The stifling Patriot Way experience had been a culture shock many veteran players were elated to be done with.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I wonder when these fucking rocket scientist and brain surgeon coaches are ever gonna figure out that you can't manufacture culture in a program or locker room. It has to be developed over time through the actual personality of the coach. If you're faking it for the sake of just trying to be Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick, it's never gonna work. There's more than one way to win, but so many football coaches are fascist automatons, they've never figured out that players react to authenticity and not theatrics.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Exactly. Does Joe Paterno stick around long enough to reach 298 wins if he walked in during the summer of 1966 and announced that his assistant coaches had free reign to fuck any child they wanted inside team facilities? Of course not! You work tirelessly to build up goodwill over years and decades in order to reach a level where no scandal is big enough to erase your status as a deity among the fanbase, some of whom even attended the university. Matt Patricia, by being an NFL head coach you may have reached a level only a select few coaches ever do, but you and your type will never, ever have a seat at the legends table in hell.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:43 pm I wonder when these fucking rocket scientist and brain surgeon coaches are ever gonna figure out that you can't manufacture culture in a program or locker room. It has to be developed over time through the actual personality of the coach. If you're faking it for the sake of just trying to be Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick, it's never gonna work. There's more than one way to win, but so many football coaches are fascist automatons, they've never figured out that players react to authenticity and not theatrics.
Eric Mangini!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:43 pm I wonder when these fucking rocket scientist and brain surgeon coaches are ever gonna figure out that you can't manufacture culture in a program or locker room. It has to be developed over time through the actual personality of the coach. If you're faking it for the sake of just trying to be Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick, it's never gonna work. There's more than one way to win, but so many football coaches are fascist automatons, they've never figured out that players react to authenticity and not theatrics.
Yep...Pete Carroll maybe a goofball, but his players (except for Earl Thomas) seem to like working with him.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I always thought Jim Caldwell was the right temperament for the Lions HC job and they couldn't wait to run him out of there. Patricia is like Schwartz but without all of the actual enthusiasm and defensive acumen. You know, the good parts.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:16 pm
Yep...Pete Carroll maybe a goofball, but his players (except for Earl Thomas) seem to like working with him.
Rah rah cheerleader stuff wears very thin when you don't win. Ask anyone in NE
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Has anyone seen NFL positives and close-contact holdouts plotted by day of the week?
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:19 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:16 pm
Rah rah cheerleader stuff wears very thin when you don't win. Ask anyone in NE
Following Parcells/Bledsoe had more to with some players easing up, and he should get some credit for the development of Bruschi, Malloy, Johnson, McGinest, and Law. Also losing Curtis Martin and having Ben Coates and Bruce Armstrong rapidly declining had much more to do with the decline than rah rah stuff.