Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

Post Reply
Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Trying my hand at some Warren Sharp ish here....going to mess with these as the season goes on as they are kind of barebones right now (for example I want to add a "Trubisky Factor" for good defenses to punish bad QBs, etc.) and see if I can make something passable. Week one was a mix of Neighs and Nays, so tweaks made and here goes nothin:

image.png
image.png (26.99 KiB) Viewed 250 times
And thus my smoking wet bets for the week (red means meh, yellow means ok and green means NEIGHHHHH):

image.png
image.png (29.51 KiB) Viewed 250 times
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm

On a pure betting line basis the only one I think is really far off this week is Cleveland giving 6 points for some reason to Cincinnati. The Bengals had opportunities in week 1 and Burrow should continue to improve while Cleveland should not be giving 6 points to any team that isn't the Jets.
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 7831
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by govmentchedda » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Grabbing Bengals, Niners, and Pats from there.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19401
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by mister d » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:20 pm

Is the model built on the current rosters?
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21292
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by brian » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm

You don't have to spill any secret sauce, but how much are you advantage are you attributing to home-field?

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm

brian wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm
You don't have to spill any secret sauce, but how much are you advantage are you attributing to home-field?
Haaaa there's no worries about that. I gave each team a value for early and late season advantage but lowered most of them down to near zero to account for the corona season.

HF advantages this week:
image.png
image.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Mostly based on travel.
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm

mister d wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:20 pm
Is the model built on the current rosters?
My interpretation of them, yes. So I docked the Saints WRs a bit this week for example.
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21292
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by brian » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Cool, thanks.

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 pm

My value column is misleading - that's value OVER the spread. So for example BUF +5.5 means 5.5 on top of the 5.5 pt spread.
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:32 pm

Week 1 was hit or miss but it actually did pretty much spit out LAC 16 - CIN 13. Minor victories!
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16133
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by A_B » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm
On a pure betting line basis the only one I think is really far off this week is Cleveland giving 6 points for some reason to Cincinnati. The Bengals had opportunities in week 1 and Burrow should continue to improve while Cleveland should not be giving 6 points to any team that isn't the Jets.
Short week and Cleveland is the home team right?

ETA: I hadn't seen your remarks about HFA.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12112
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by The Sybian » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm
On a pure betting line basis the only one I think is really far off this week is Cleveland giving 6 points for some reason to Cincinnati. The Bengals had opportunities in week 1 and Burrow should continue to improve while Cleveland should not be giving 6 points to any team that isn't the Jets.
I don't see any situation short of the 49ers team bus crashing where they can't cover 7 points over the Jets. The Jets were absolutely atrocious on offense, and now Bell is out for a few weeks, and I don't think the Bills offense is nearly as good as the Jets made them look. The Jets were starting their 5th string ILB, and he went down in the first quarter. They are so pathetic.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19401
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by mister d » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm
My interpretation of them, yes. So I docked the Saints WRs a bit this week for example.
Gotcha, so subjective values into an objective model. Are you going to track values over the weeks to see how they change and where you hit/missed on your initials?
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:57 pm

mister d wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm
Gunpowder wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm
My interpretation of them, yes. So I docked the Saints WRs a bit this week for example.
Gotcha, so subjective values into an objective model. Are you going to track values over the weeks to see how they change and where you hit/missed on your initials?
Essentially at this point yes.

I'm planning on it - I save each week for posterity.
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

User avatar
Rex
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4815
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Rex » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 pm

Way off, waaaaaaaay off on that Dolphins game.

Try hex #008e97 for Miami aqua.

User avatar
Rex
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4815
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Rex » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 pm

backdoor cover machine is very good

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 7831
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by govmentchedda » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Yuh
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 am

Haaa yeah that one should count as a loss
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 7831
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by govmentchedda » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am

Don't tell that to my bookie.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21292
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by brian » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am

Backdoor covers count just as much as a dominating cover.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16133
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by A_B » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:24 am

brian wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am
Backdoor covers count just as much as a dominating cover.
You know what I'll take the backdoor thanks.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6860
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by tennbengal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 am
Haaa yeah that one should count as a loss
Always take Burrow plus the points....

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11631
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by sancarlos » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:56 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:15 pm
Gunpowder wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 am
Haaa yeah that one should count as a loss
Always take Burrow plus the points....
So, bet on Cincinnati every week?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

Gunpowder
The Dude
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 am
Location: NAPES, FLURRDA
Contact:

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by Gunpowder » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:29 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:56 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:15 pm
Gunpowder wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 am
Haaa yeah that one should count as a loss
Always take Burrow plus the points....
So, bet on Cincinnati every week?
Well, I don't think it's crazy to weigh the possibility of back door covers against big spreads.
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6860
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by tennbengal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:15 pm

GIven how hard Burrow fights at all times, yup.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16133
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by A_B » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:46 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:15 pm
GIven how hard Burrow fights at all times, yup.
Sorry Cleveland’s running’s backs were too good to cover.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6860
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by tennbengal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 pm

A_B wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:46 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:15 pm
GIven how hard Burrow fights at all times, yup.
Sorry Cleveland’s running’s backs were too good to cover.
They were great. A year ago that is a 41-10 bengals loss. A little different with Burrow. He doesn't quit. Unlike a LOT of his teammates.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16133
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Biz Horse Week 2 Projections

Post by A_B » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:31 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 pm
A_B wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:46 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:15 pm
GIven how hard Burrow fights at all times, yup.
Sorry Cleveland’s running’s backs were too good to cover.
They were great. A year ago that is a 41-10 bengals loss. A little different with Burrow. He doesn't quit. Unlike a LOT of his teammates.
Totally agree. Just saying the five minute kill the clock offense didn’t work when you get 15 yards a carry instead of six.

And again. The bengals offense is not bad. The defense needs is parts back.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

Post Reply