Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post by HaulCitgo »

You're gonna talk for Puerto ricans? They'll be another hurricane. And one after that. And one after that. They won't even remember the name.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 pm You're gonna talk for Puerto ricans? They'll be another hurricane. And one after that. And one after that. They won't even remember the name.
Ultimately, though, if the Republicans somehow manage to tone down their anti-Latino bigotry and adopt other policies that are enough to appeal to Puerto Rican voters, isn't that a good thing?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:04 pm The fact that Rhode Island and Wyoming simultaneously exist in this country makes any argument against any statehood or splitting a state up completely pointless. It's all a power grab none the less and in the future will be used against the original intent.
Speaking of Rhode Island, we need to free Providence Plantations and give it its own statehood! Been oppressed and ignored for too long.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:40 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 pm You're gonna talk for Puerto ricans? They'll be another hurricane. And one after that. And one after that. They won't even remember the name.
Ultimately, though, if the Republicans somehow manage to tone down their anti-Latino bigotry and adopt other policies that are enough to appeal to Puerto Rican voters, isn't that a good thing?
Sort of. But seems like Latin/Caribbean politics is complicated in that it's tons of different nationalities. Some fall on the side of democrats but some not. They've got internal disputes amongst themselves and all different than the issues facing Mexicans and central Americans. Maybe a good thing but probably more multifaceted.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:40 pmUltimately, though, if the Republicans somehow manage to tone down their anti-Latino bigotry and adopt other policies that are enough to appeal to Puerto Rican voters, isn't that a good thing?
Republicans eschewing explicit bigotry and doing the bare minimum needed to appear to help a minority group might be the death knell of the Democratic party. And probably also the Republican party.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:02 am If they take both the Senate and the White House and keep the House, the Dems should just use the nuclear options and remove the filibuster and pack the Court. Fuck 'em. Don't they have anyone in the Senate willing to play hardball?
No. They do not.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This will get worse unless and until Democrats do something about it.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.