tennbengal
The Dude

Re: The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Post by tennbengal »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

GoodKarma wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:58 pmThis whole refusal-to-concede isn't about staying in office the next four years...it's about $$$ and opportunity after Trump is out of office and the proverbial "energize the base".
I don't know that I agree with this, especially if his biggest fear is prosecution.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Hand recount in Georgia.

FFS
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

wasn't that expected and automatic because of the margin?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am wasn't that expected and automatic because of the margin?
Not necessarily a hand recount, but the political realities in GA made that likely. Still, it won't likely change but a few hundred votes and could even pad Biden's final total. Will just take a lot of time.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Good. Fuck 'em. And when the recount shows Biden won, get the Democratic vote pissed off they tried to pull that shit and use that to get out the vote on January 3.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:03 pm Good. Fuck 'em. And when the recount shows Biden won, get the Democratic vote pissed off they tried to pull that shit and use that to get out the vote on January 3.
Running that GOP disinformation campaign eh Ljam? The runoff is on the 5th.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Needless to say, every day that the Georgia daily news cycle is about Trump's temper tantrum, and not about how Ossoff is a communist and Warnock is a black person, is a good day for the Democrats.

Meanwhile, welcome to the resistance.....Boris Johnson
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Pa GOP legislators hold a news conference where they want to audit, delay results, and change electors.

JFC 🤦🏻‍♂️
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

It’s terrifying that PA GOP Majority Leader is changing his tune now about State Electors.

GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

mister d wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:40 am
GoodKarma wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:58 pmThis whole refusal-to-concede isn't about staying in office the next four years...it's about $$$ and opportunity after Trump is out of office and the proverbial "energize the base".
I don't know that I agree with this, especially if his biggest fear is prosecution.
Trump is an obvious criminal but I don’t buy that he’s worried about prosecution. He’s skated on everything he’s done in the past and there is no evidence (or precedent - and we know how much Democrats love political norms) that he’s going that a former President is going to be charged with anything related to his time in office.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Probably it's a lot like his taxes. Not much can be done legally but they'll show that he's broke and has massive debt to foreign holders and is a shitty businessman. That probably scares him more than actual prosecution.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Chief of Staff apparently going to be Ron Klain:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The level of petty is staggering:

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:51 pm Chief of Staff apparently going to be Ron Klain:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
I take this as a sign that this will be looked at well - as I have already seen "moderates" liking it, and now:

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Jake Tapper linked a piece he wrote on Jan 30 this year in the Atlantic warning about coronavirus, and predicting how Trump would fuck it up. Feels like he had a crystal ball.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Thanks for the heads up, this piece:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... us/605752/
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:58 pm Thanks for the heads up, this piece:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... us/605752/
Thanks for linking. Was putting the beast to bed.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Well done, McConnell et al:

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Even if the immediate intent is "grift", he'll still push it as far as he can. It can be a trial balloon and a scam at the same time.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

So Biden is already talking about a 4-6 week National Lock down..

Can I get my vote back?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:17 am Even if the immediate intent is "grift", he'll still push it as far as he can. It can be a trial balloon and a scam at the same time.
For certain.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Please let this be true:

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

As far as rumoring goes, that one would be swell if it were true on any level.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

psunate77 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:31 am So Biden is already talking about a 4-6 week National Lock down..

Can I get my vote back?
You can, but you have to do it in person.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Biden is talking about doing what SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE back in April and May? Good for him. Meanwhile, we are looking tens of thousands of additional deaths between now and Jan. 21 and hospitals are being over-run. If there were a G-d, the only people getting this would be Trump voters.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:48 am Biden is talking about doing what SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE back in April and May? Good for him. Meanwhile, we are looking tens of thousands of additional deaths between now and Jan. 21 and hospitals are being over-run. If there were a G-d, the only people getting this would be Trump voters.
I get that and have no real issue as it should have been done before, BUT you will need to provide support for businesses and individuals if you are going to do that, and let's be honest, The Dems chances of winning the senate is pretty slim. I don't see Senate passing any assistance or stimulus bill.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A shutdown should come with checks for individuals again, and monies for restaurants, theaters and the like. Small businesses too. Nothing about that is rocket science. And if McConnell blocks it, then I don't see how that is a DEM problem...
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:14 am A shutdown should come with checks for individuals again, and monies for restaurants, theaters and the like. Small businesses too. Nothing about that is rocket science. And if McConnell blocks it, then I don't see how that is a DEM problem...
It’s tough to call out McConnell because he really does not give a fuck, and it’s an American problem.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:14 am A shutdown should come with checks for individuals again, and monies for restaurants, theaters and the like. Small businesses too. Nothing about that is rocket science. And if McConnell blocks it, then I don't see how that is a DEM problem...
The Dem problem here and historically is in the messaging. If they really believe in a massive stimulus package, to the benefit of most of society, it shouldn't be that hard to stage things so that the Republicans look awful if they block it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sure, but the GOP will label Biden a dictator high on power trying to destroy our freedoms, and they will hope it destroys the economy and people who lose jobs will blame Biden. And they probably will blame Biden. I hate our political system and media so much. I wish there was a way to hit a reset button and make it make sense.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

We 'need' some kind of economic downturn event, no? Otherwise they're just going to point at the stock market and *shrug*.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:19 am
It’s tough to call out McConnell because he really does not give a fuck, and it’s an American problem.
Well, if he holds the Repubs in the Senate in line and won't allow relief, then that is an American problem only because of McConnell.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 am We 'need' some kind of economic downturn event, no? Otherwise they're just going to point at the stock market and *shrug*.
Pretty sure the coming wave of deaths and hospitals being over-run will precipitate such. Along with a holiday shopping season that that sector relies upon being a shadow of what it usually is.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

AB, did they hammer McConnell for holding up the stimulus money? I feel like that would be an easy ad. Show that the Democrats passed a relief bill, but McConnell didn't even bring it up in the Senate because he doesn't give a fuck about Kentuckians, and that he's a pussy too scared to get his name on his vote.

"Hey Kentucky, Mitch doesn't give a fuck about you."
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:33 am AB, did they hammer McConnell for holding up the stimulus money? I feel like that would be an easy ad. Show that the Democrats passed a relief bill, but McConnell didn't even bring it up in the Senate because he doesn't give a fuck about Kentuckians, and that he's a pussy too scared to get his name on his vote.

"Hey Kentucky, Mitch doesn't give a fuck about you."
I don't think they did - but AB can correct me on that. Goes back to Mr. D's point that the Dem messaging on this is SO bad. When I was in Cincy during October none of the commercials I saw (and it was impossible to miss them) for McGrath made that point.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:30 am
EnochRoot wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:19 am
Well, if he holds the Repubs in the Senate in line and won't allow relief, then that is an American problem only because of McConnell.
Right but as Delaware pointed out and Sybian alluded, it’s all in the messaging. Biden has to get out in front of the bill with a message to the American People what it means, and why checks are being cut to help people shelter in place. That they will hear about this being about destroying our freedoms, etc. But that’s where he needs to dismiss that with some folksy charm and say...”No, it’s about restoring our freedom.”

There is a way to make mask wearing a patriotic thing.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

We will see. The political climate is SO poisoned now due to Trump and McConnell that I don't know what messaging breaks through.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:42 am We will see. The political climate is SO poisoned now due to Trump and McConnell that I don't know what messaging breaks through.
I just posted in the other thread, the dems should be 100% be asking for a recount of Kentucky. Numbers are not adding up at all.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Is it something in the psyche of Democrats that they are afraid of a fight?

I get it's easy for me to say this. I'm a straight white male. My life is going to be fine whoever is in the White House. And I'm not an elected official who has to worry about getting votes, from both constituents and from Republicans across the aisle. And maybe it's because I was for a long time a Republican who became so angered by them for fucking this country I defected and now I want them ground into dust. But I seriously am confused why they don't throw punches (metaphorically).

I have a true hatred of bullies, stemming from some severe bullying I received as a youth. And what I learned is you have to fight back. Maybe you'll end up with a black eye. Hell, it's likely you will; they're bullies for a reason. But you have to put in their head that if you fuck with me, maybe you'll win the battle, but you're going to take some damage too. And since most bullies are pussies too, that will cause them to back off.

This entire strategy that Democrats do to try and gain small concessions just seems Chamberalainian (yes, I get that there's more to Munich than simply "Chamberlain was a pussy"). Why not fight? Go into it and throw down, it's not like you'd have much to gain rolling over. And then paint the other side as anti-American.

It bothers me that whenever a Democrat wants to shake things up on a national level, the establishment go and eat their own. like they do with AOC. I get Mr. D's frustration even if I don't fully agree.