The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

P.D.X.
The Dude

Re: The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Post by P.D.X. »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm My sister who works for Senator Hirono has been locked in a bathroom with a couple of other staffers since this started.

They're fine, but a whole lot more than a little upset.
At least they don't have to designate a pee corner.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Each and everyone of them should be drug out of the Capital with their head hitting each step. Hopefully knocking their cosplay helmets off if they had one on. They are all ready brain damaged fucks. A little more head trauma won't hurt them. Like I said before, fuck them all. The need to be tried for treason or terrorism or whatever it is that will cause them to be executed by the federal government. This shit is so uncalled for. Hang 'em in the Mall, quarter them in the Mall. I don't really fucking care at this point. Just they all need to be executed, along with the Senators that publicly stated they were objecting. Fuck 'em.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:13 pm
mister d wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Hopefully she tweeted this after the IEDs were confirmed.
Whatever, man.

At a BLM protest here at the end of May, four guys burned a SLC police car.

I am not okay with that being considered terrorism. If you are, good for you.
I really don't think we have to equate action for action here. I can respect that opinion, I guess I just don't get why you'd be as willing to stand up for those fighting against oppression and unjust violence in an overwhelmingly peaceful way as you are people who's entire ethos is looing for a fight. I don't think this is two sides of the same coin. I think there are some similarities but one doesn't have to equate to the other. This is not the same action and this is not a couple bad actors that bumrushed a gate and got in. This is their movement. The rules to not apply to these people because they are white and this is their country.

Just saying, I get it but I don't?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

I'm on team duff here.
duff wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 pm Each and everyone of them should be drug out of the Capital with their head hitting each step. Hopefully knocking their cosplay helmets off if they had one on. They are all ready brain damaged fucks. A little more head trauma won't hurt them. Like I said before, fuck them all. The need to be tried for treason or terrorism or whatever it is that will cause them to be executed by the federal government. This shit is so uncalled for. Hang 'em in the Mall, quarter them in the Mall. I don't really fucking care at this point. Just they all need to be executed, along with the Senators that publicly stated they were objecting. Fuck 'em.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I'm not standing up for these assholes. I'm standing up for the people who protest police killings of black men but do so in a way that often leads to things like vandalism or theft or destruction of property. I'm standing up for the people who organize or speak at those events knowing that such terroristic violence is possible or likely. I'm standing up for the people who broke some windows at the county prosecutor's office here last summer. Or put red paint on some streets, buildings, and public installations.

Anyway, here is the federal criminal code definition of domestic terrorism. It requires acts dangerous to human life that are intended to intimidate or coerce a population or influence policy by intimidation or coercion.
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that--
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended--
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;
I don't think throwing a rock through the window of a Walmart, or a prosecutor's office, or the US Capitol counts. Or illegally entering the building.
Or causing damage once you are there.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Seems like they were enabled.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

"hiya boys, come on right in, i'll move this aside for you..."
Johnnie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:28 pm Seems like they were enabled.

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Should be able to figure out who those DC capitol police were and fire the fuck out of them.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:27 pm I'm not standing up for these assholes. I'm standing up for the people who protest police killings of black men but do so in a way that often leads to things like vandalism or theft or destruction of property. I'm standing up for the people who organize or speak at those events knowing that such terroristic violence is possible or likely. I'm standing up for the people who broke some windows at the county prosecutor's office here last summer. Or put red paint on some streets, buildings, and public installations.

Anyway, here is the federal criminal code definition of domestic terrorism. It requires acts dangerous to human life that are intended to intimidate or coerce a population or influence policy by intimidation or coercion.
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that--
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended--
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;
I don't think throwing a rock through the window of a Walmart, or a prosecutor's office, or the US Capitol counts. Or illegally entering the building.
Or causing damage once you are there.
OK. I hear your point and I understand your thoughts on the idea that this is somewhere near some of the protests that we've seen in other places recently.

I'll respectfully disagree with your assessment that the actions we're seeing do not qualify almost word for word under the federal criminal code. There are staffers hiding in bathrooms and Congress was evacuated from the building. I don't think those things happen if there's not an attempt to intimidate or influence the policy or conduct of the government. If you see it differently that's fine. I think most of this falls directly under this code. You don't have to be actively shooting people to be deemed violent or have the threat of violence. At no point did you see protesters yelling "WE JUST WANT IN TO HAVE A RESPECTFUL DISCOURSE".
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:28 pm Seems like they were enabled.

Why does this shock you? They gave Rittenhouse water after he murdered two BLM protesters. You still think they are going too carry Trump out of office on the 20th? Them and the SS will probably help him block the door.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Reports that the woman who was shot in the capital building has died
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

She also tweeted this.

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Steve, respectfully, you need to see all the footage. I've been working through most of this, so I missed some of it, but the folks entering the building used tear gas and weapons. This simply isn't the same as destruction of property from over the summer. People's lives were put directly in danger through this breach of the grounds.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Who said the Police where going to small heads?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I laughed:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Literally within the last hour everyone's been pushed back and the Capitol seems to have been cleared. And the curfew is in effect.

All it took was a plus up of security forces with organization and it regained control.

Like, WTF. That easy, huh.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:16 pm
Pruitt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm My sister who works for Senator Hirono has been locked in a bathroom with a couple of other staffers since this started.

They're fine, but a whole lot more than a little upset.
At least they don't have to designate a pee corner.
She;s still in there - but grateful to be near plumbing.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:06 pm Literally within the last hour everyone's been pushed back and the Capitol seems to have been cleared. And the curfew is in effect.

All it took was a plus up of security forces with organization and it regained control.

Like, WTF. That easy, huh.
I’m not sure I buy that, but it is imperative that they get back to work.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Hopefully the party of law and order goes to full bore to prosecute every single person involved. Every single person.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

It's a hell of a news day when nobody mentions that the Dems took back the Mother Fucking Senate today! Ossoff declared the winner. Looks like he is short of the automatic recount number so far, hopefully he can avoid that. I really didn't think this was possible. Thanks, Trump!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

For those of you not hooked into the Trump feed, I have folks on Fb saying that there's no difference from the BLM protests and what happened today. They are outraged that anyone is outraged.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

duff wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:14 pm Hopefully the party of law and order goes to full bore to prosecute every single person involved. Every single person.
Yes. We keep reading about how cops and prosecutors used video footage and matched it up with tattoo parlor receipts or whatever to identify people who allegedly committed crimes during the summer protests so they could be charged. I'm hoping there's enough decent footage to get a big number of today's insurrectionists.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:20 pm It's a hell of a news day when nobody mentions that the Dems took back the Mother Fucking Senate today! Ossoff declared the winner. Looks like he is short of the automatic recount number so far, hopefully he can avoid that. I really didn't think this was possible. Thanks, Trump!
I think it’s a minor miracle that Georgia counted the votes so quickly that the result was more or less known well before the joint session began.

And it’s not going to be in the recount range. It’s over.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Okay, just spoke to my "inside source" who may or may not have been locked in a washroom in the Hart building all day...

Apparently, the Senators are not at an army base, they are somewhere near the Capital.

And apparently, Senators Cruz and Hawley got pulled out of the room and were told to knock it off by a couple of senior senators that might have included some ugly guy from Kentucky.

Off the record of course.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Here we go again.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

mister d wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:43 am Getting close to testing that pretty terrifying military / law enforcement loyalty line.
Honestly don’t even remember what this was from, but were nearing what I thought was the worst case scenario.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

BSF21 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:13 pm
mister d wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Hopefully she tweeted this after the IEDs were confirmed.
That's a tremendous picture. Times done changed. Not sure if for the better. If ever poor black folks and poor black folks could get together wed all die. Seeing white guys loot the capitol warms my heart. Gave my folks so much shit for the louis vuitton store but y'all people know where its at. They looting the capitol and posing in the chamber. I honestly love it.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:24 pm Okay, just spoke to my "inside source" who may or may not have been locked in a washroom in the Hart building all day...

Apparently, the Senators are not at an army base, they are somewhere near the Capital.

And apparently, Senators Cruz and Hawley got pulled out of the room and were told to knock it off by a couple of senior senators that might have included some ugly guy from Kentucky.

Goddamn that's a fun visual. I hope something like it did indeed happen.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pretty much anyone who objects to the electors when they reconvene is a major dick now, right?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:44 pm
Pruitt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:24 pm Okay, just spoke to my "inside source" who may or may not have been locked in a washroom in the Hart building all day...

Goddamn that's a fun visual. I hope something like it did indeed happen.
We will see (maybe later this evening)

What a fitting end. There's an expression in Judaism "may his name be erased" that is reserved for the truly vile people. Trump certainly qualifies.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:48 pm Pretty much anyone who objects to the electors when they reconvene is a major dick now, right?
Unpatriotic x infinity.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:48 pm Pretty much anyone who objects to the electors when they reconvene is a major dick now, right?
Major Dick? Ted Cruz is all but guaranteed to object still. As is Ron Johnson.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

oh...this is great...

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

There's a comment in this thread that wins the internet for the day:

"I can't imagine white they're not being arrested."

Noli Timere Messorem