The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Post by govmentchedda »

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:49 am
tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:44 am Seriously, coordinated inside job, right, nonlinear? It's the only thing that tracks...
That's why I was so shocked watching that yesterday. I've been working on K street, and had trouble getting out of that area numerous times because much MUCH smaller groups of protestors mobilized an oversized response and shutdown multiple large blocks of the city in well under an hour.

That shit yesterday was bonkers. And it's not that it took too long to mobilize; more specifically, they should've been pre-placed or at a minimum, staged and ready to target if/when necessary.

That was an unprecedently slow and weak response, when they KNEW that these guys were planning on marching to the Capitol.
One nice thing is that when Trump is gone, the people under scrutiny will have every incentive to pin as much blame on him and his toadies as possible.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:13 am
tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:44 am Seriously, coordinated inside job, right, nonlinear? It's the only thing that tracks...
That's why I was so shocked watching that yesterday. I've been working on K street, and had trouble getting out of that area numerous times because much MUCH smaller groups of protestors mobilized an oversized response and shutdown multiple large blocks of the city in well under an hour.

That shit yesterday was bonkers. And it's not that it took too long to mobilize; more specifically, they should've been pre-placed or at a minimum, staged and ready to target if/when necessary.

That was an unprecedently slow and weak response, when they KNEW that these guys were planning on marching to the Capitol.
One nice thing is that when Trump is gone, the people under scrutiny will have every incentive to pin as much blame on him and his toadies as possible.
Which is where impeaching and convicting a former president becomes necessary, because he will be at the top of the GOP ticket in four years.
Noli Timere Messorem
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

I saw something yesterday that Muriel Bowser told the DC police to stand down or something similar on Tuesday...is that true?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Republican congresspeople are like the Pope now. All they have to do is say something that's morally obvious to anyone with a shred of a conscience and everyone is blown away by it.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

GoodKarma wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:30 am

I saw something yesterday that Muriel Bowser told the DC police to stand down or something similar on Tuesday...is that true?
Not that I'm aware. She was on CNN saying she was working to get more police from surrounding jurisdictions. The thing is... Protecting the Capitol isn't really supposed to be her gig. She was getting pretty exasperated by the questions, because it's the Cap Police and other Fed entities that should've been fielding those questions.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Jerloma wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:39 am Republican congresspeople are like the Pope now. All they have to do is say something that's morally obvious to anyone with a shred of a conscience and everyone is blown away by it.
Prime example: Senate chamber applauding Loeffler for her pulling her objection last night.

Fuck you, cunt.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:24 am That was really great - I give her a ding for the "we're not the party of Antifa we protect our police" crap at the end but everything up to that point was refreshing.
I have to respectfully disagree. She had the full opportunity to express her thoughts, and she made damn sure to mention Antifa to remind the Trump supporters in her district that she’s still on their side. I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt. Fuck “M as in” Mancy Mace.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

If you're interesting in seeing a video of the woman being shot, it's in this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... to_breach

She was trying to climb through a window into a barricaded hall where apparently they were protecting members of congress. I'm not sure why she thought the dudes behind the barricade pointing guns at her were gonna let her through. Added bonus, right near the end, you can see the "Camp Auschwitz" dude just a few feet away from her.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't expect the video to show up in the thumbnail. It's now just a link for anyone interested.
Totally Kafkaesque
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Impeachment and the invocation of the 25th need to be pushed through. All avenues to keep trump from doing any more harm to our Democracy. Invoking the 25th keeps him from pardoning anyone involved in this insurrection and attack on the US. Removes his ability to be Commander in Chief. Impeaching and convicting him keeps him from running again for any Federal office. We cannot let it slide because there are only 14 days until inauguration. Congress should be in session getting everything in order to push this through. Pence and the Cabinet need to be submitting their letter to Congress on the inability of the current POTUS to lead this country. Please pressure your rep and senators to push forward with these actions of government. Don't become lazy and say "2 more weeks and it is over".
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am
Jerloma wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:39 am Republican congresspeople are like the Pope now. All they have to do is say something that's morally obvious to anyone with a shred of a conscience and everyone is blown away by it.
Prime example: Senate chamber applauding Loeffler for her pulling her objection last night.

Fuck you, cunt.
Or Graham saying we need to move on after he tried to fuck with the Georgia results himself and has been helping to pound this narrative for 2 months.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:58 am If you're interesting in seeing a video of the woman being shot, it's in this reddit thread.

She was trying to climb through a window into a barricaded hall where apparently they were protecting members of congress. I'm not sure why she thought the dudes behind the barricade pointing guns at her were gonna let her through. Added bonus, right near the end, you can see the "Camp Auschwitz" dude just a few feet away from her.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't expect the video to show up in the thumbnail. It's now just a link for anyone interested.
She was USAF with security clearances that went full-on qanon looneytunes.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:51 am
tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:24 am That was really great - I give her a ding for the "we're not the party of Antifa we protect our police" crap at the end but everything up to that point was refreshing.
I have to respectfully disagree. She had the full opportunity to express her thoughts, and she made damn sure to mention Antifa to remind the Trump supporters in her district that she’s still on their side. I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt. Fuck “M as in” Mancy Mace.
By "a ding" I meant - a demerit. I wasn't crediting her for that. I said she was doing well until that point.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:51 am
Yup, and last night she was on Don Lemon and made it a point at the end to say that she's a Trump supporter and still has a lot of questions about the integrity of the election so she understands their frustration.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:58 am If you're interesting in seeing a video of the woman being shot, it's in this reddit thread.

Also the VP... That's really where they all were losing their fucking minds. You think they're gonna let them get in there with the second most powerful person in the country (somewhere in the top 10 on the planet) is being sheltered in place?

Fuck these people, man. It's all a game, right?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

duff wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 am Impeachment and the invocation of the 25th need to be pushed through. All avenues to keep trump from doing any more harm to our Democracy. Invoking the 25th keeps him from pardoning anyone involved in this insurrection and attack on the US. Removes his ability to be Commander in Chief. Impeaching and convicting him keeps him from running again for any Federal office. We cannot let it slide because there are only 14 days until inauguration. Congress should be in session getting everything in order to push this through. Pence and the Cabinet need to be submitting their letter to Congress on the inability of the current POTUS to lead this country. Please pressure your rep and senators to push forward with these actions of government. Don't become lazy and say "2 more weeks and it is over".
He literally incited a riot yesterday. What else needs to be said at this point.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Jerloma wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 pmOr Graham saying we need to move on after he tried to fuck with the Georgia results himself and has been helping to pound this narrative for 2 months.
Yeah. I mostly avoid TV politics because hearing their voices makes what they're saying even worse than seeing it filtered through twitter but I saw Graham last night. I'm the biggest non-violent coward you'll ever meet and I'm certain I would be able to choke him out if given the chance.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pmFuck these people, man. It's all a game, right?
For congress, it was a game until just about 24 hours ago. For Trump, it still is. He's identical to every other fat, old bigot watching this story play out on conservative television except for input.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:32 pm
Jerloma wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 pmOr Graham saying we need to move on after he tried to fuck with the Georgia results himself and has been helping to pound this narrative for 2 months.
Yeah. I mostly avoid TV politics because hearing their voices makes what they're saying even worse than seeing it filtered through twitter but I saw Graham last night. I'm the biggest non-violent coward you'll ever meet and I'm certain I would be able to choke him out if given the chance.
This. (Both parts.)
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

mister d wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:34 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pmFuck these people, man. It's all a game, right?
For congress, it was a game until just about 24 hours ago. For Trump, it still is. He's identical to every other fat, old bigot watching this story play out on conservative television except for input.
Still a game for most of them too I think. They just had to punt on 4th and 38 last night but will be right back to chop blocking as soon as the coast is clear
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:49 pm
A lot of her anger is/was justified. She just misplaced it.

Oh well.
Noli Timere Messorem
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Joanna is gonna be so mad.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Is anyone worried about Biden’s inauguration? I mean if they stormed the capital that easily they can disrupt that pretty quickly.

I also don’t trust the police and SS.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Are you going to go?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Odd on 'pipe bombs' just being cover for inaction?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I think "concern troll" is Nate's middle name.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Maybe pressure works sometimes...

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is the assumption that even if Pence has the stomach he doesn't have the secretaries?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm Is the assumption that even if Pence has the stomach he doesn't have the secretaries?
I mean, that's my working assumption.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So, the dead lady's manifesto video thing I posted above - you can hear the game and the associated danger in that rant where she says something about Kamala and the rest "choosing party over country" - which makes plain the "Patriots" language they have been using - unless you support Trump yo are not a patriot, and therefore not American, and therefore an enemy. News media not gonna pick up on this - but it's what they should be hitting Hawley and Cruz and Rubio with at every chance - making them address that.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Does Boston even have Labor?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm
mister d wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm Is the assumption that even if Pence has the stomach he doesn't have the secretaries?
I mean, that's my working assumption.
Yeah, I don't know which is less likely - Pence *and* a majority of Trump-appointed cabinet secretaries voting to remove Trump, or 66 Senators doing it.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A_B wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:48 pm Does Boston even have Labor?
No, they have LAYBAAH.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:01 pmYeah, I don't know which is less likely - Pence *and* a majority of Trump-appointed cabinet secretaries voting to remove Trump, or 66 Senators doing it.
Senate would just try to run out the clock, I assume.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:03 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:01 pmYeah, I don't know which is less likely - Pence *and* a majority of Trump-appointed cabinet secretaries voting to remove Trump, or 66 Senators doing it.
Senate would just try to run out the clock, I assume.
Yeah, probably. Though if McConnell comes to believe that a quick impeachmetn will keep pressure off the cabinet secretaries so they can continue with the important work of issuing oil and gas leases in ANWR, rolling back environmental and safety regulations, etc., perhaps he could be on board.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

[screams for 3 hours straight]